Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Poseidon's Fury may be closing very soon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Remember that thread I posted not to long ago about Forum Etiquette? This is what I'm talking about.

We're not hard on much, and we know threads sometimes can veer off a little bit, but when the Staff says get back on topic, it means the topic needs to veer back on track.

Thats fine i was originally talking about Poseidons Fury but then i was just responding to a good idea somebody had.

I haven't really looked at this thread closely and the most recent posts aren't even about Poseidon's Fury, so forgive me if this has been discussed before...what is wrong with Poseidon's Fury? I love it. The only thing it needs is just a little bit of updating.

First, I will repeat, I do not want to touch the facade. The facade is... :drool5:

Now, regarding the inside: the queue is not the most interesting place to be in. Next, once you're in the actual show, many of the elements and effects are great, like the water vortex, the moving set pieces, and the wind effects... but then there's things like the little screen with the guardian before the vortex, it's cheap, and it could be re-done using Musion tech, maybe showing the full guardian lady somewhere else in the chamber. Also, the little flickering LEDs around the mini screen are lackluster, and honestly, I'm not a fan of the lasers in this particular setting. After the vortex, we have the chamber switch-up in the dark, which is very cool. Then we get to the final chamber, and the fire and the water fountains are nice, but they could to be taken to the next level (more! more! more!). Most importantly, they need to update the films and improve the quality and definition of the videos in the last part of the show. So, there's good elements, and not so good elements in the show. Nowadays, there's so much new technology that they could implement here and make the PF show a lot better. The theming is already there, they just need to improve the effects and make it all DH/HQ.

Turning into a dark ride would be taking it a step further, and would be great, in my opinion. Plus, I think it would also increase capacity.

^Running back-to-back shows would increase capacity.

I like what you said though. I think the story should also be more like the original.

I'll be sad if they closed it. Island of Adventures was my first "theme" park I've attended. It's only been six flags. The park took my breath away because i never knew the difference in a "theme" park. When I got to Poseidon's fury and saw that facade, I instantly developed a deep love of theme parks because I finally saw the beauty and point of them. I saw how much time and effort people put into them. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's felt that since of emotion and I'd hate for others to miss out it.

It appears that they have resurrected some significant upgrades that I had not seen in my four years visiting (previous visit May 2014) IOA. These are things that I've read existed in the past, but not recently. And they very much improved the attraction. When we were on the attraction in early Sept. 2014 they added a brief stay after the water vortex where you were in the room with the huge Vault door. Then it transitioned into the battle scene. Then after the battle scene ended, all the lights went out, and we were again in the Vault room and the battle scene area had disappeared. We thought the show was so much better with those two scenes restored. Made for better pacing and a little theatrical awe.

It appears that they have resurrected some significant upgrades that I had not seen in my four years visiting (previous visit May 2014) IOA. These are things that I've read existed in the past, but not recently. And they very much improved the attraction. When we were on the attraction in early Sept. 2014 they added a brief stay after the water vortex where you were in the room with the huge Vault door. Then it transitioned into the battle scene. Then after the battle scene ended, all the lights went out, and we were again in the Vault room and the battle scene area had disappeared. We thought the show was so much better with those two scenes restored. Made for better pacing and a little theatrical awe.

I've never done it without the room effect working. Idk if it was ever down for a while or you have just been very unlucky.

The title of this thread is a joke. It was first posted in 2011! So much for the insider info...
Yes., looking back at Screamscape & some other comments on the early pages, the insider info looks a little dubious. I was only reopening the thread since Poseiden's Fury had some different scenes when I was there the other week that I hadn't experienced before. This was the latest posted Poseiden thread that I saw, so I used this thread. Myself, I hope it stays since I always enjoy it during a vacation. but it's the type of attraction we only do once, so I don't have a lot of background on it. I've always thought it's outdoor building is one of the best themed attractions in existence.

That's been the standard show ever since Gary Goddard revamped it a decade or so ago.

The original was far superior... I never understood why they changed it... It even had Jeremy irons in it!

I've had some thoughts on a revamp I'd like to see for Posiedons.

1. New Talent. Not the Taylors, they're great. I mean better well-known actors. Imagine Sir Ian McKellan as Posiedons, and maybe Kevin Spacey as Lord Darkenon.

2. Better Dialogue. I feel most times the Taylors have to sacrifice comic timing in order to fit their improvised lines into the spacing they're given, either dragging lines out to long to avoid dead air, or condensing too much to avoid speaking over the recordings. Also some of the pre-recorded lines are cheesy and redundant. "Darkenon, you will pay for you're murderous ways!" "No Posiedon! It is I, who will destroy YOU!!!" So nyah. If you look at Lonnie's conversation with Mr. Kincaid, that's beautifully timed.

3. Projection mapping effect in the second room. The temple goddess face effect is awful. Rewrite that whole scene and use projection mapping on the whole front wall to make the opening of the water vortex really spectacular!

4. Enhance the lighting in the water vortex.

5. Improve the projection quality/production value for the water screens. Rather than just cheesy green screen/ black background put in some sweet visual effects for the final battle.

6. Fix the existing effects in the final room. Last time I rode, Poseidon's speaker was out and half the fire effects weren't working. Just needs some TLC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skubersky
REALLY good ideas, Kelise, especially the projection mapping one. A little bit of plussing would go along way on this attraction.