Project 727 | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Project 727

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly Fallon was going to announce the project on the Tonight Show te other night but it didn't happen (or if it did no one noticed)

I would think there would be some sort of promotion from Universal about it. Even something simple like "Be sure to watch the Tonight Show tonight for a very special announcement!"

And a follow up on the blog the next day. I do think we're in the final throws of this attraction.

The latest I could see it closing is in January (think day the Jaws ride closed), but no earlier than the end of HHN.

If I believe correctly..Fast and Furious was announced the day of Disaster and Beetlejuices closures so anythings possible..

my thing is that its been said of November for Twisters closure so we'll see..and if I was to speculate, i'd say this.

Fallon gets announced in 1-2 weeks; with a closure date for November 9th.

This is a UC/OPs/President decision... I doubt anyone will know when and if they will announce it. Designers and Engineers and Vendors included. I never know when they will pull down their pants and go "Tah Dah!". I do kinda know that those working there already know and have trained for their next assignments. If they don't, then they don't have a next assignment. Shasta happens!

If I believe correctly..Fast and Furious was announced the day of Disaster and Beetlejuices closures so anythings possible..

We got 2/3 week notice of Disaster closure.

Also, I have an hour long video debuting soon just about the history of Twister & Ghostbusters, goes into tons of small details. Fans will enjoy it for sure!

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Where does Universal get all their builders and project managers from?
The sheer amount of changes are boggling the mind.
Is the company that made Gru's house already on it prefabbing the NBC building exterior?
Will the demolition team at work at F&F move over to Twister to clear the building if they are done with Disaster?
Will the projector and glass screens from Disaster be re-purposed for Fallon?
Will the side of the Twister building get some love and will the restroom stay there?
Will the NBC experience store exit be on the side of the building and will it look like this?
photo-41.jpg

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
For curiosity's sake, have they ever made major attraction announcements during the HHN season?

I'm thinking the event will close and immediately followed by an announcement. Twister will most likely close one week later alongside Beetlejuice.

For curiosity's sake, have they ever made major attraction announcements during the HHN season?

I'm thinking the event will close and immediately followed by an announcement. Twister will most likely close one week later alongside Beetlejuice.

I believe TF was announced the day after HHN but i could be wrong.

If anything; it could be interesting to see when they announce it.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Yes, it was announced November 1, 2012.
Of course if I remember correctly the building was already well under construction at that point. In fact I think the construction workers all stopped to watch the announcement from on top of the building.

I don't think this has been reported yet, and I just happened to accidentally stumble across is the other day, but it looks like the ride system for this attraction is being designed by a company called DyMoRides (Dynamic Motion Rides). I'd never heard of them before, and before anyone asks, no, it doesn't look like they're at all related to Dynamic Attractions, who offer similar types of attractions and have worked with Universal in the past.

Anyway, if you go to the DyMoRides website, under their Current Projects/References section, they list the following:
Project YYYCustom Ride System for Flying Theater
Leading Orlando Theme Park (to open in 2017)

So I think it's safe to say that's Project 727, based on opening date and location...

Digging a bit deeper into their site, they seem to make a couple different kinds of flying theaters, the stand-up FlyBoard one looks kind of interesting, but I'd imagine we're getting something a bit more like their Classic Flying Theater, as standing up to "watch" a taping of The Tonight Show wouldn't make too much sense, story-line wise.

EDIT
: Just realized this could also be for Avatar land. Don't know why I always forget about that ride, but it's supposedly a flying theater too, so I might be jumping to conclusions a bit too fast here...

Last edited:
^ Yeah, it is going to be the Classic Flying Theater.

Austria. Yeesh, they are contracting out of Europe
a whole bunch these days... Perhaps it is because of Europe's stagnant economy and the buying power of the dollar?

They could be the designers but I know the actual ride system is being constructed and tested in a state near the Rocky Mountains. A friend of mine is on the project and told me exactly what it's for despite not being in to theme Parks himself.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
I don't think this has been reported yet, and I just happened to accidentally stumble across is the other day, but it looks like the ride system for this attraction is being designed by a company called DyMoRides (Dynamic Motion Rides). I'd never heard of them before, and before anyone asks, no, it doesn't look like they're at all related to Dynamic Attractions, who offer similar types of attractions and have worked with Universal in the past.

Anyway, if you go to the DyMoRides website, under their Current Projects/References section, they list the following:

So I think it's safe to say that's Project 727, based on opening date and location...

Digging a bit deeper into their site, they seem to make a couple different kinds of flying theaters, the stand-up FlyBoard one looks kind of interesting, but I'd imagine we're getting something a bit more like their Classic Flying Theater, as standing up to "watch" a taping of The Tonight Show wouldn't make too much sense, story-line wise.

EDIT
: Just realized this could also be for Avatar land. Don't know why I always forget about that ride, but it's supposedly a flying theater too, so I might be jumping to conclusions a bit too fast here...
I demoed the flyboard years ago at IAAPA and loved it, which someone would build one here.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.