Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yay! Riding Mummy during HHN is tradition. Hope the kinks have been worked out since it's getting thrown to the wolves with running all day and then most nights until 2am right away.

The curse returns! After an almost 9-month closure, Revenge of the Mummy has begun technical rehearsals with the general public, better known as "Soft Opening".

I rode today. Posted wait was 50 minutes, but was really closer to 25. I got chills up my spine as we entered the treasure room... it's so great having the best ride at USF back!

As for the enhancements: the projections are infinitely better now. They no longer feel like blurry relics from 2004. Also, were the projections always high frame rate, or is that new? Don't recall them looking so fluid.

Unexpectedly, my favorite enhancement might be the sudden stop as you reach the fake unload station. I no longer feel like my neck is going to snap, so that's a huge plus. It was always a blemish on the overall experience for me.

Overall, I'd say this was a worthwhile refurbishment. It would have been even better if they'd remastered the queue videos, though -- if they had, it would have felt like a whole new ride.