Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What's fascinating is the propulsion system on the ride itself during the dark ride moments and launch. The dark ride portion feels a tad slower and you can feel the train slowing/speeding up to provide spacing for the vehicle in front of you. The launch itself also shutters a bit at the start and seems to change how fast you speed up. First run I noticed the launch was very slow, 2nd launch was much faster.

Also, the ride was 100% not show-ready (expected for a tech rehearsal) and had a bunch of lights on that would typically be off during the ride.

Yea, I wouldn’t exactly say it’s running “smooth,” but Imhotep is back to being pretty articulated. He still moves like he’s dancing the robot though.

Anyone else notice Reggie looks… cleaner? Maybe freshly rewrapped?
Idk if I'm misremembering, but I remember a moment in some of the making of footage in which one of the designers claims Imhotep's articulation was so realistic they actually had to tone it down to keep people from freaking out.

It has always stood out to me as one of the most ridiculous marketing statements I ever heard and gives me a good chuckle when I go back on the ride.

Idk if I'm misremembering, but I remember a moment in some of the making of footage in which one of the designers claims Imhotep's articulation was so realistic they actually had to tone it down to keep people from freaking out.

It has always stood out to me as one of the most ridiculous marketing statements I ever heard and gives me a good chuckle when I go back on the ride.
I thought the same thing

"This animatronic we made was SO GOOD that we actually had to.. ya know.. back off a little bit."

Unexpectedly, my favorite enhancement might be the sudden stop as you reach the fake unload station. I no longer feel like my neck is going to snap, so that's a huge plus.
You mean the rode profile changed? Ride ruined. Now where am I supposed to go for my chiropractor appointment? :(

What's fascinating is the propulsion system on the ride itself during the dark ride moments and launch. The dark ride portion feels a tad slower and you can feel the train slowing/speeding up to provide spacing for the vehicle in front of you. The launch itself also shutters a bit at the start and seems to change how fast you speed up. First run I noticed the launch was very slow, 2nd launch was much faster.

Also, the ride was 100% not show-ready (expected for a tech rehearsal) and had a bunch of lights on that would typically be off during the ride.
I'm sure we'll see better videos soon but the one posted below you shows a clear difference in the halt at the fake station. It definitely now it looks like to rolls into the station as opposed to practically teleporting in there.

Just found this (admittedly kind of poor quality) video upload of the refurbished ride!
I'm going to assume the person who did that was paying tribute to the Sopranos series finale.

Other than that it looks really nice! Just enough dust but not so much it feels totally abandoned, ya know? :lol: Now if we could get this kind of work done over at ET...

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
it was open last night, avg 35m wait
I noticed! So confused why the staff at the hotel were adamant it wouldn’t be open. I hadn’t even asked about it either, they just randomly brought it up. “Here’s your room keys and make sure you try to get on Mummy during the day because it will not be open during horror nights yet.”