Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 126 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m hearing the Mummy that pops out of the coffin has been down? They have B-Mode projection apparently happening?

I rode it on Friday and he popped out but when I rode it on Monday and Tuesday, it was in B mode.

The show scenes are much slower than before. Heading into the treasure room feels a bit awkward, as does the turn table. Wonder if it's going to remain that way or something that needs fixing.

Got my first ride in this afternoon during the technical previews. The ride is significantly slower between dispatch and the scarab beetles, which is fine, pacing was a little too swift previously, but what really took us by surprise was the launch. The launch is noticeably slower than it previously was. I'm not sure if I have a problem with it, but the ride is definitely less intense than it used to be.

Got my first ride in this afternoon during the technical previews. The ride is significantly slower between dispatch and the scarab beetles, which is fine, pacing was a little too swift previously, but what really took us by surprise was the launch. The launch is noticeably slower than it previously was. I'm not sure if I have a problem with it, but the ride is definitely less intense than it used to be.
Well this is absolutely dreadful news if true. This was an 8 month rehab and so far I'm not really hearing glowing things other than it was cleaned up with some better projections in the scarab room (with a missing physical effect now), a slow launch, slower pacing and a slower launch. I know the ride control system was completely replaced but the result shouldn't be a worse ride after this long.

Personally, I've gotten different launch speeds on different rides. It's kinda weird. The second day I rode I had both a slower launch and a fast launch that violently yanked me out of my seat when going over the drop. They're still working some things out.
Yea, my run through was nearly the same as before and then later the same day everyone said things were slower, so seems to still be variable while they work things out.

Reactions: Darko
I have no idea why people are thinking the launch is slower. It was exactly the same as before when I rode it last week.
That’s why I wonder if it’s being weird sometimes, but certainly not always. It was definitely fine for my ride.

The moment going from treasure room to scarab room, passing under the lowering wall, was the only part that felt slower on my ride than before. Rest felt the same.

Reactions: Clive
That’s why I wonder if it’s being weird sometimes, but certainly not always. It was definitely fine for my ride.

The moment going from treasure room to scarab room, passing under the lowering wall, was the only part that felt slower on my ride than before. Rest felt the same.

That transition definitely felt slowed down - almost to emphasize the lowering wall, which I imagine a surprising amount of people missed before. I didn’t hate it.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Alicia
That transition definitely felt slowed down - almost to emphasize the lowering wall, which I imagine a surprising amount of people missed before. I didn’t hate it.

In the past it always seemed too fast to cycle more cars through. Scenes would start before you even get into the room (especially the last row), you would go under the wall just as it started to come down, etc..

In the past it always seemed too fast to cycle more cars through. Scenes would start before you even get into the room (especially the last row), you would go under the wall just as it started to come down, etc..
And I definitely feel that timing for the first three scenes has been tweaked slightly to better help keep audio bleeding between scenes. Those of us that have ridden the ride a thousand times may pick up on it, but we're talking a second or two difference. And I believe in the case of the first few dark ride style scenes, it's intended to improve the show.

It is funny that people are noticing/complaining on this one, but not when 2 seconds was added to every single scene on Spider-Man when it was upgraded to 4k.

Anyway, I am reserving judgement until the ride actually opens and is no longer in technical rehearsals, because it does sound like things are still being tweaked and/or being worked out.

Was able to ride it a couple weeks ago, and yeah, it's pretty clear they're still tweaking things. The dark ride sections felt a little off/slow on the pacing, but everything looks great. The coaster section felt about the same, it didn't feel slower to me.

The real big thing is the upgrade to the brakes, those were notoriously jerky in their stops in the ride's lifespan, so it was a massive relief for each stop to roll into the brakes and stop rather smoothly.

And I definitely feel that timing for the first three scenes has been tweaked slightly to better help keep audio bleeding between scenes. Those of us that have ridden the ride a thousand times may pick up on it, but we're talking a second or two difference. And I believe in the case of the first few dark ride style scenes, it's intended to improve the show.

It is funny that people are noticing/complaining on this one, but not when 2 seconds was added to every single scene on Spider-Man when it was upgraded to 4k.

Anyway, I am reserving judgement until the ride actually opens and is no longer in technical rehearsals, because it does sound like things are still being tweaked and/or being worked out.

Good! I hope it stays that way. It was annoying hearing scenes bleeding over (either what I just saw or what I was about to see) and everything be slightly off. It felt like I could hear the “Are you insane!?” and “join me and savor riches..” lines frequently early before we even entered the rooms.

I always just assumed it was that way to squeeze more cars onto the track at once to keep lines moving.

Hopefully all the kinks will be ironed out before I arrive in November but glad it’s back up and running!

On my 2 rides since reopening the launch has felt a tad slower to me. On both rides I also noticed the flash images in the coaster section were triggering way earlier than before. Does anyone know if they are on a timer from when the coaster launches (i.e. timed to an expected pace of the ride) or does each effect have its own sensors that trigger each one independently. Cause a slow launch would explain why we fell behind the pace of the effects if the are timed to an expected pace. Not sure how that compares to how it use to operate because I never remember having this issue before and sometimes the launch could be inconsistent before the rehab.

I used to hate hearing "ARE YOU INSANE GET OUT OF HERE" twice before going into the treasure room

Also, in the treasure room it always seemed like the fire blasts went off behind you towards the later years

I get that capacity is important...but...at a certain point shoving as many cars as you can on the track does impede the experience

Got to go on it last night during HHN. It was around 11:00 or 11:30 and the wait time was posted as 55 minutes. I felt like using our Express, but told us that we couldn’t use it due to technical issues the ride was experiencing. Decided to risk it and do single rider. They were telling us that there’s no telling how long the ride will be down for.

Lo and behold, we go through the queue, and the line only started halfway up the stairs! There was virtually no line! I’m really wondering if they intentionally tried to scare people away due to its reliability issues?

Also I have noticed the ride felt a LOT slower and delayed before the ride’s closure. I think the coaster might’ve slowed down a hair. Is there a chance they can fix the delay?

So, I rode three more times yesterday to see how it compared to my first run. Everything seemed the same, although some fog effects didn't go off on my middle run.

Yes, the dark ride scenes are slower. It is extremely noticeable to those of us who have ridden this ride a thousand times, BUT, it does mean no more sound leaking from other cars between scenes, AND creates a pretty cool dark ride feel for the beginning that sets expectations for a relaxing slow-moving dark ride better than it used to.

The launch feels exactly the same as it used to.

The coaster segments feel exactly the same as they used to (since they use gravity, not sure they have a choice anyway).

The little drop after the fake out ending feels smoother, so definitely feel like if any track was replaced, it was that section where the multiple fog blasts hit you.

Sounds aren't as noticeable for the fire ceiling, and we now start rolling into that last drop a little early. I like the subtle roll into the drop, feels neat. Feel like we need a sound cue to notice the fire ceiling better, but then again, maybe it's fine and that's just me.

So anyway, after riding several times now, the ride, when it is working, is I think working as intended to. Tire drive moments are slightly slower for dark ride scenes. But that really only affects the first few scenes.

EDIT: Oh, and all the strobing flats along the coaster segments lit up perfectly for me each run, so that one time they didn't was probably an error, maybe from the mistimed launch as theorized.

did the keep the queue video / coffee clip at the end the same? not sure i can hear that cup of coffee line for the 14,000th time ahaha