Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022) | Page 97 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know about VillainCon but I think that might be early 2023? I dunno, seems like that might take longer than just a few months.
You really think so? I'd imagine it wouldn't take much longer than a few months. All they have to do is take a small pre-show room and a mostly unthemed theater and convert them into a (from what I understand) mostly screen-based walkthrough.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I don't know about VillainCon but I think that might be early 2023? I dunno, seems like that might take longer than just a few months.
Villain-Con was always 22 and Potter expansion 23, but I’m on the edge of my seat to see if it actually happens.

Hitchcock closed in January 2003 and Shrek opened in June of the same year, so there’s precedence for that location lol.

Villain-Con was always 22 and Potter expansion 23, but I’m on the edge of my seat to see if it actually happens.

Hitchcock closed in January 2003 and Shrek opened in June of the same year, so there’s precedence for that location lol.
Literally if it opened in May with a conveyer belt I don’t doubt it

Reactions: HHN Maddux

I always forget how ludicrously fast that turnaround was. Though, to be fair, didn't they basically just throw up the marquee, spruce up the facade, change the preshow room, and block off the rest of the Hitchcock experience? If I'm remembering correctly, the whole Psycho theater and post-show areas weren't dismantled until much later when they needed space for the second theater.

My gut says it'll be 7 month refurb. I dunno way (i have no info).

Anyway, one thing I do wish they fix is the lighting in the queue and its layout. Walking from the bright summer to a dark room with unidentifiable switchbacks causes everyone to get lost. Needs to be clearer and also fade in easier.

Doing single queue and going from bright light to dim switchbacks with steps pretty quickly...I almost always have to take my phone out just to see to make sure I don't trip going up the steps before my eyes adjust.

Hoping they find a way to darken the turntable scene and finally fix the timing on it.

If they really want to take away attention from GOTG/Tron, they would use projections along the track to make it seem as if a mummy is chasing you. It would be cool to see a similar mirror effect like Tron's combined with some sort of ghostly imagery.

Permit and notice of commencement for new Control System and Electrical System upgrades!

This is in line with what we had heard recently, quoted below.

@Alicia Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but when we were there last week, I asked a TM if she knew any details besides new track. She said yes they were planning on laying down new track but also installing a whole new computer system for controlling the ride as the current system is pretty old.