Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

These Strongwater recommendations are piquing my interest. We will be staying at CBBR for our May/June trip; visited Sapphire once for a boat trip and a long look around.

The rum flights look great, but i had a hard time finding a menu online. Any type of kid menu? We have a 10-year-old who is good at these type of establishments. We just hook him up with a burger and a thing (i.e. foosball table at NBC, hook game at Margaritaville, scary babydoll heads at Andijitos, etc). The porch may do it here if they have any type of junior burger. TIA!
I don't remember what kind of kid menu items there were, or if there were even any. This was primarily an adult oriented venue. The food is all small plates, twenty selections overall I believe, Caribbean oriented, and fairly adventuresome. While Cabana Bay is a family resort, Sapphire is more of a convention/business crowd, expense accounts etc. that play to a establishment like StrongWaters strengths. You might want to just call the resort and have them transfer you to StrongWater to answer your menu questions. I don't think they open until something around 4:00PM

These Strongwater recommendations are piquing my interest. We will be staying at CBBR for our May/June trip; visited Sapphire once for a boat trip and a long look around.

The rum flights look great, but i had a hard time finding a menu online. Any type of kid menu? We have a 10-year-old who is good at these type of establishments. We just hook him up with a burger and a thing (i.e. foosball table at NBC, hook game at Margaritaville, scary babydoll heads at Andijitos, etc). The porch may do it here if they have any type of junior burger. TIA!
I always thought of Strongwater as the perfect place to chill after a board meeting, if that makes sense...It would be a place I would go for lunch or dinner after a day at the parks..More-so for adults

I do love it though, as I am an adult that likes those kind of places haha

They do have sliders and the porch has a great view of hulk and dr. doom's, as well as the water taxi's going to/from.

Here's the menu: https://d3opdn976v5yna.cloudfront.net/1221620750/cms/pressroom/strong_water_tapas_beverage_menu.pdf

ss 2017-03-09 at 9.48.02 AM.jpg

They do have sliders and the porch has a great view of hulk and dr. doom's, as well as the water taxi's going to/from.

Here's the menu: https://d3opdn976v5yna.cloudfront.net/1221620750/cms/pressroom/strong_water_tapas_beverage_menu.pdf

View attachment 3851

Looks awesome, thanks for posting! i think the porch views sealed the deal though - we are putting this on the agenda. Thanks for pointing those out! :D

edit: We've walked from boat landing to CBBR before, but where is this located? We just passed by Amatista and went up the pirate stairs, but that is all i know. Oddly enough, i cannot find a resort map online.

Looks awesome, thanks for posting! i think the porch views sealed the deal though - we are putting this on the agenda. Thanks for pointing those out! :D

edit: We've walked from boat landing to CBBR before, but where is this located? We just passed by Amatista and went up the pirate stairs, but that is all i know. Oddly enough, i cannot find a resort map online.

To the right of the giant window in the lobby.

We grabbed a bar top table to watch a football game while there in September and had my 8 year old son there. Chris, the best waiter we had that week, served him a virgin Shirley temple with exxxxtrrraaa cherries. It was a dead, Monday.....

Later on we had my son out on the patio as well, away from the smokers, so we could see the rides. They didn't frown upon him being there, but he was also well behaved, and we didn't wear out our welcome (we left before the night got too late).

So 2 weeks to go until my dream holiday of a life time..............................part 13 LOL

Any hows as part of my upcoming trip I am staying 5 nights at SF as it's a new hotel for me so really looking forward to it. It will also complete my Uni hotel list once again, at least for now.

From watching construction, seeing the photos and reading the reviews I really want to get the most of my stay.....
So from those who have stayed, what are you top 3 tips when staying at SF?

1) Strong Water Tavern. Sit on the patio, check out Dr Doom, the boat, the sun set, the hulk etc. Have the Sazerac!!! It was soooooo good, so strong!

2) Take the friggin boat as much as possible. That ride was so relaxing, and one of the coolest things ever is the "reveal" of City Walk when you enter the lagoon. It really gets your juices flowing for your day whether its a park day, or food/shopping at CW.

3) Enjoy the pool at night, order nachos, they are insane, huge, and delicious!!

Have a great time! We are going back in September!

We grabbed a bar top table to watch a football game while there in September and had my 8 year old son there. Chris, the best waiter we had that week, served him a virgin Shirley temple with exxxxtrrraaa cherries. It was a dead, Monday.....

Later on we had my son out on the patio as well, away from the smokers, so we could see the rides. They didn't frown upon him being there, but he was also well behaved, and we didn't wear out our welcome (we left before the night got too late).
Heh, we had Chris as a server once, the same week you were there. :thumbsup: We'll be there for 5 nights in May before we move to Portofino for 9 nights. Too bad we missed each other last year.

Heh, we had Chris as a server once, the same week you were there. :thumbsup: We'll be there for 5 nights in May before we move to Portofino for 9 nights. Too bad we missed each other last year.
Chris was great! Absolutely, this is our go to now, if we are down same time again we need to share a Sazerac! haha

Chris was great! Absolutely, this is our go to now, if we are down same time again we need to share a Sazerac! haha
We went to Strong Water for three meals of their amazing small dishes. we had Chris once & Michelle twice. The third time, the Sous Chef, Carlos Costanza came and sat at our table for about 15 minutes, and told us his plans for the restaurant. He told us Loews was great to work with and were allowing him to purchase the very most expensive ingredients for his dishes. He said he wanted to make Strong Water a destination place for Orlando, not just Sapphire guests. When we finished and paid for our meal, we went to sit at the outside deck. We were sitting there for a bit, and out of the blue, Michelle & Carlos came to our table. Carlos had whipped up a complimentary special dessert of flaming Banana Foster for us. Just amazing....I am always so impressed with the service and care I receive from Loews employees. In fact, I sent a letter to Loews CEO Tisch a couple of months ago lauding that special service I received at Strong Water.The CEO sent a nice fairly long letter back and said he was forwarding my letter to a number of Executives in various departments at Loews HQ's, and he cc'd all of them in his letter to me.

Last edited:
We went to Strong Water for three meals of their amazing small dishes. we had Chris once & Michelle twice. The third time, the Sous Chef, Carlos Costanza came and sat at our table for about 15 minutes, and told us his plans for the restaurant. He told us Loews was great to work with and were allowing him to purchase the very most expensive ingredients for his dishes. He said he wanted to make Strong Water a destination place for Orlando, not just Sapphire guests. When we finished and paid for our meal, we went to sit at the outside deck. We were sitting there for a bit, and out of the blue, Michelle & Carlos came to our table. Carlos had whipped up a complimentary special dessert of flaming Banana Foster for us. Just amazing....I am always so impressed with the service and care I receive from Loews employees. In fact, I sent a letter to Loews CEO Tielsch a couple of months ago lauding that special service I received at Strong Water.
Great idea, I am going to do this right now.

Never tried the food there, but we need to in September!

Is it year round? Heard it ends in July? Or will they open up more dates as they get closer?

You sir, are correct. Orlando Informer had an image that says year round on their post here: New 'Caribbean Carnaval' event coming to Loews Sapphire Falls Resort

ccebhero2-2.jpg

Official website only has dates up to July:
ss 2017-03-14 at 2.12.48 PM.jpg

1) Strong Water Tavern. Sit on the patio, check out Dr Doom, the boat, the sun set, the hulk etc. Have the Sazerac!!! It was soooooo good, so strong!

2) Take the friggin boat as much as possible. That ride was so relaxing, and one of the coolest things ever is the "reveal" of City Walk when you enter the lagoon. It really gets your juices flowing for your day whether its a park day, or food/shopping at CW.

3) Enjoy the pool at night, order nachos, they are insane, huge, and delicious!!

Have a great time! We are going back in September!

Thanks for the tips, will be sure to be sat out on the patio drinking something cold.

4 work days left :peace:

Any thoughts about Strongwater's rum flight? Is there a selection, or is it a set flight? And, are the options good or is it tourist stuff?

*Not a rum enthusiast by any means, but wondering if the money may be better spent elsewhere.

Also, the rum tour (sic?) sounds good, but i will not be doing that w/ a 10-year-old. :p But maybe i can get his! :bolt:

Any thoughts about Strongwater's rum flight? Is there a selection, or is it a set flight? And, are the options good or is it tourist stuff?

*Not a rum enthusiast by any means, but wondering if the money may be better spent elsewhere.

Also, the rum tour (sic?) sounds good, but i will not be doing that w/ a 10-year-old. :p But maybe i can get his! :bolt:
From what I remember, we chose whatever brands we wanted in the rum flight. Never did the tour though