Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hey!

Heading to Sapphire Falls in October. Have previously stayed onsite at HRH and Portofino but this will be the first time staying at Sapphire Falls. Has anyone got any recommendations about best room/building locations? I believe the hotel is pretty huge and hoping we will get lucky with a request!

Any info is much appreciated :)
Stay in the side overlooking the water taxi/RPR side pool. Building 3. The others seem to have a bunch of noise from the intersection of the road. They do charge $10 a night (or used to) but it is worth it.

Reactions: JPRA513
We've had the Lagoon View rooms both of our stays there. Great view and a quick walk to the water taxi. Make sure you try StrongWater Tavern. Great drinks, excellent & interesting small plates menu, and some of the nicest employees you'll ever meet. Ask for the Tavern manager. He loves to talk to and welcome new customers.

Thank you - will deffo check out StrongWater Tavern! Got my eye on those cocktails and rum tastings for some liquid courage before HHN!

Stay in the side overlooking the water taxi/RPR side pool. Building 3. The others seem to have a bunch of noise from the intersection of the road. They do charge $10 a night (or used to) but it is worth it.

Thank you - had a look at map and building 3 looks good. Will investigate r.e the charge. When I've stayed onsite previously they've been pretty accommodating due to length of stay (14 nights) so fingers crossed they are just as nice to us in Sapphire Falls!

Hey!

Heading to Sapphire Falls in October. Have previously stayed onsite at HRH and Portofino but this will be the first time staying at Sapphire Falls. Has anyone got any recommendations about best room/building locations? I believe the hotel is pretty huge and hoping we will get lucky with a request!

Any info is much appreciated :)

I stayed last October, it's really a great hotel, nice choice. I didn't have a a very fancy view, but it was pretty nice, my room was lobby level, facing Hollywood Way and Islands of Adventure (I guess you could call it a theme park view if you want). Had decent views of some of the rides, and had a great view of the lagoon and pool area while crossing the bridge on the way over to our room. Our room was a little bit of a walk to the lobby/restaurants and boat area, but not unmanageable, and I didn't mind it at all.f you

If views are make or break for you, I'd recommend trying to get a lagoon or a pool view (in that order), but honestly felt our view was perfectly fine. Felt well immersed, and could see the parks, can't beat it. Also, would like to second everything Mad Dog said about Strong Water, such a great place. Really, I had great experiences at every food place at the resort.

So I would say that if you get a lagoon, pool, or theme park view, your probably in good shape. It's a large hotel, but nowhere near unmanageable. I thought everything, including transport to the parks was extremely manageable.

If you have any question I (and I'm sure many others here) would be happy to help! Enjoy your stay at Sapphire Falls! It's really a great place to stay!

Edit - After looking at the map, I was also in Building 3. Seems like the place to stay. I circled on the pic, where about our room was.

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
I stayed last October, it's really a great hotel, nice choice. I didn't have a a very fancy view, but it was pretty nice, my room was lobby level, facing Hollywood Way and Islands of Adventure (I guess you could call it a theme park view if you want). Had decent views of some of the rides, and had a great view of the lagoon and pool area while crossing the bridge on the way over to our room. Our room was a little bit of a walk to the lobby/restaurants and boat area, but not unmanageable, and I didn't mind it at all.f you

If views are make or break for you, I'd recommend trying to get a lagoon or a pool view (in that order), but honestly felt our view was perfectly fine. Felt well immersed, and could see the parks, can't beat it. Also, would like to second everything Mad Dog said about Strong Water, such a great place. Really, I had great experiences at every food place at the resort.

So I would say that if you get a lagoon, pool, or theme park view, your probably in good shape. It's a large hotel, but nowhere near unmanageable. I thought everything, including transport to the parks was extremely manageable.

If you have any question I (and I'm sure many others here) would be happy to help! Enjoy your stay at Sapphire Falls! It's really a great place to stay!

Edit - After looking at the map, I was also in Building 3. Seems like the place to stay. I circled on the pic, where about our room was.

Great thank you!

The view isn't such a big deal for us, it would be a nice plus but proximity to amenities and lack of construction or excessive noise would be ideal. Looks like building 3 is the one!

Was slightly concerned post-booking at the mixed reviews I've read, since we have been so well looked after at the other resorts but sounds like you all had a great time!

I've stayed in buildings one and three. The biggest difference (to me) is that in building one, you have to go to the lobby level first in order to get down to the pool/restaurant/water taxi level.

I did not mind this as the grand staircase next to Strongwater is somewhat stunning (to me).

We have been lucky with views, this last trip, the bumped us up to a view just for being really nice at checking....but to me, the best view is looking out the lobby window towards the parks or sitting out back outside of Strongwater Tavern!

Reactions: EllTee and Mad Dog
I've stayed in buildings one and three. The biggest difference (to me) is that in building one, you have to go to the lobby level first in order to get down to the pool/restaurant/water taxi level.

I did not mind this as the grand staircase next to Strongwater is somewhat stunning (to me).

We have been lucky with views, this last trip, the bumped us up to a view just for being really nice at checking....but to me, the best view is looking out the lobby window towards the parks or sitting out back outside of Strongwater Tavern!

Thanks, Frank!

I shall be practising a dazzling smile for check-in in the hope of a great room! Saying that, the last time I checked in at Portofino I was in floods of tears thanks to a British Airways screw up combined with 14 hours travel and they were wonderful! Hopefully this time it will be a smile though!

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Staying here in a few weeks when we visit from the UK and hoping you guys can help one or 2 questions.
1) I'm assuming the quickest route from SF to Volcano Bay is to go over the bridge to Cabana Bay and walk down from there? Is that right?
2) We need to go to Guest Services when we arrive to exchange a voucher from our travel agent (Virgin) for Universal park tickets. Is this something that can be done at the hotel lobby or will I need to do this at one of the park entrances? Can this be done at Volcano Bay too as this will be the first park we visit?
3) Those of you that have done the rum tasting, would you recommend it? Are there any other must-do's whilst staying here as this is our first time staying on site.

Staying here in a few weeks when we visit from the UK and hoping you guys can help one or 2 questions.
1) I'm assuming the quickest route from SF to Volcano Bay is to go over the bridge to Cabana Bay and walk down from there? Is that right?
2) We need to go to Guest Services when we arrive to exchange a voucher from our travel agent (Virgin) for Universal park tickets. Is this something that can be done at the hotel lobby or will I need to do this at one of the park entrances? Can this be done at Volcano Bay too as this will be the first park we visit?
3) Those of you that have done the rum tasting, would you recommend it? Are there any other must-do's whilst staying here as this is our first time staying on site.
Not sure if this is true or not, but from what I observed I'm pretty sure you can only enter volcano bay from cabana if you are staying at cabana (have to show room key), otherwise you have to take the bus.

3) Rum tasting was fun. Servers knew their stuff. Ask them questions, they'll ask your "tastes" and give recommendations based on that. And get a Sazarac!! Fantastic drink, can't wait to have one in 23 days!!!

Reactions: Jonea32 and Mad Dog
Not sure if this is true or not, but from what I observed I'm pretty sure you can only enter volcano bay from cabana if you are staying at cabana (have to show room key), otherwise you have to take the bus.

Yeh, I had wondered if this was the case as I thought I'd heard this before but couldn't find anything concrete on it. My and my partner both prefer using our legs so I'd much rather walk if it's an option. Will be disappointed if it's coach only. I assume this picks you up from the hotel.

3) Rum tasting was fun. Servers knew their stuff. Ask them questions, they'll ask your "tastes" and give recommendations based on that. And get a Sazarac!! Fantastic drink, can't wait to have one in 23 days!!!

Excellent! I'm relatively new to the rum drinking game so am happy to try all they can offer (although maybe not all at once :dance:). I will definitely have a Sazarac based on your high recommendation! 28 days for me so we may overlap :cheers: Thanks.

Reactions: Porkchop
This is suppose to be the case, when we stopped at CBBR a few months ago people were crossing the road from Sapphire Falls to CBBR to get into Volcano Bay but did see some being turned away from CBBR/VB entrance with a Sapphire Falls key

Not 100% the same situation (we booked through Universal), but I would assume that this could be done in the lobby. There is a park ticket desk, pretty much straight ahead as you enter the lobby. That's where we exchanged our documents for tickets, so I wouldn't think it would be different in your case. Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Jonea32

I felt the same way about VB, but the bus is easy. I think there will be a walking path when the new hotel opens (on the Saphire side of the street)...and hey, the tunnel is pretty cool, sets a mood for something I guess.

The bus went from SF to RP and then on the VB. If you are downstairs, it is an easy walk to RP's VB stop. If you are at the lobby level, the bus comes right out front.

We have picked up prepurchased tickets at the hotel before, but not sure if it is the same when using an Agent (or when the purchase originated in another country), but I do not see how it would be any different if you have a UOR confirmation number with it.

Reactions: Coasted and Jonea32
I have had a series of very poor experiences during my stay this week while evacuating Irma and have gotten nowhere with speaking to management that has been on duty. Does anyone know if there is e-mail address or phone number to whoever is in charge to set up a time to speak to them about these continued issues?

I have had a series of very poor experiences during my stay this week while evacuating Irma and have gotten nowhere with speaking to management that has been on duty. Does anyone know if there is e-mail address or phone number to whoever is in charge to set up a time to speak to them about these continued issues?
Surprising. While I found the hotel to be so so the staff were excellent. I injured myself last year at HHN and went to SF to see if I was OK. I was staying 11 nights. I was not and stumbled down to the lobby where the manager on duty called the squad and they said go to the hospital. I said I could not drive (drinking and injured shoulder, car is a stick shift) so they put me in a limo and when I was done the limo came and returned me to the hotel. No charge! I also asked earlier that week to be moved from my #2 house room to #3 as the #2 was very noisy. They did it with a smile and no sign of an up-charge as listed on the rate card. This was shortly after opening so maybe they had their best people for the kickoff but I felt like I was treated with the best care that could be done.

Last edited: