Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
188 is the number from what I understand.

GYCljJT.gif

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
Y'know, considering all the hubhub around this attraction..I don't doubt that for a second.

Oh well, although; I would wonder when the hell they are going to announce it though..and if it is truly coming to both coasts (which, I don't doubt anymore tbh).
Consider SLOP 2 is coming out July 2018, I would think this project might get the fast-track to open in 2018.

Especially since they've probably had a E-ticket dark ride design and loose sequel script ready for quite some time.

Steve Burke is big on Pets, so I could see him deciding he wants it added to both coasts by late 2018.

While I get why a movie about pets - creatures that way over half the population have and many that don't have an affinity for certain animals - am I the only one who found the actual movie forgettable? Not that it would matter as long as the ride is great.

I actually really enjoyed it and it reminded me of the talking pet movies I loved when I was a kid: Oliver & Company, All Dogs Go To Heaven, Homeward Bound, etc.

Reactions: Mike S
Consider SLOP 2 is coming out July 2018, I would think this project might get the fast-track to open in 2018.

Especially since they've probably had a E-ticket dark ride design and loose sequel script ready for quite some time.

Steve Burke is big on Pets, so I could see him deciding he wants it added to both coasts by late 2018.

The only way I see this going up by 2018 is if it's in toon lagoon, they could close that today and no one would notice. It's a quick demo and with the plans in hand from Hollywood already, I could see this opening by then.

Reactions: Mike S
I think a Toon Lagoon location for this ride would make most sense at the time being. As much as I think it should replace Shrek, they could close TL Theater any day without anybody caring, then get started on demolition and creating the ride at once for a 2018 opening. That way, USF and IOA can be getting a big new ride opening that year. (Guess which one I'd be more excited for...) Plus, this can mean we're finally gonna get some TL updates which will be great.

The only way I see this going up by 2018 is if it's in toon lagoon, they could close that today and no one would notice. It's a quick demo and with the plans in hand from Hollywood already, I could see this opening by then.
Probably why it'll come to IOA. The TL theater is already pretty much empty real estate, so it would be relatively easy to do an accelerated construction schedule.

Not to mention it gives IOA something family-friendly and air-conditioned.

While I get why a movie about pets - creatures that way over half the population have and many that don't have an affinity for certain animals - am I the only one who found the actual movie forgettable? Not that it would matter as long as the ride is great.

Not for us. My daughter loved it and she still talks about it. It was a movie I enjoyed and don't mind taking my daughter to.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
Not for us. My daughter loved it and she still talks about it. It was a movie I enjoyed and don't mind taking my daughter to.

It was a very cute movie. Just the ride combination of cute/peril that appeals to kids. I do hope very much that it doesn't turn into a cheap screens ride to get it done fast. Even something simple like the Winnie the pooh ride at Disneyland would appeal to the target audience. It doesn't need amazing quality animatronics to entertain children. Catchy music, a few jokes, lots of color, it will amuse children and give parents a nice break in the A/C. If they managed a bit of interactive aspects in the line that would make it perfect for that target age group.

Reactions: Mad Dog