Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea, has there been a clone that's been a downgrade? Usually they're either the same or better
At Uni? Not that I can think of. Disney there's a few examples. MK's PotC being the prime example. DL's Pooh is also sub-par as well compared to the others. DCA's TOT. etc, etc.

Reactions: Mike S
Yeah, we got shafted with the Minion Mayhem facades and Springfield facades compared to Hollywood. Those were pretty big upgrades on an immersive level.

I'd argue those were "see and adjusts." Orlando had them shoehorned into existing structures and they did what they could, all in all making significant improvements. Hollywood had more space (in a rare turn of events) and the benefit of seeing what worked and what didn't.

In this case, I would suspect Hollywood will have the ride retrofitted to work in the Lower Lot. Orlando will almost certainly have a larger space to play around with.

Only other example I can think of when it comes to Universal downgrading a clone is Revenge of the Mummy... Hollywood certainly got the short end of the stick there due to facility/budget limitations. But I'd hardly call 2004 - under different owners - "recent."

The original rumor was for the theater at Toon Lagoon. No facts of come out since then. Virtually everyone is confident this project will happen. It is still the most logical location.

The cool yet frustrating thing is that a project number never denotes the location. I am open to it going to Uni south should that occur. Mark isn't returning my calls... ;)

Reactions: JoeCamel
The cool yet frustrating thing is that a project number never denotes the location. I am open to it going to Uni south should that occur. Mark isn't returning my calls... ;)
I am inclined to think that if it has a project number that means it's going to the north property. Does anything going to the South property even have a project number yet?

I am inclined to think that if it has a project number that means it's going to the north property. Does anything going to the South property even have a project number yet?

Of course south has project numbers... some of them may not survive, but I am sure it has numerous. UC doesn't take a piss without assigning it a project number. ;)