Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
latest
You're a bad bird.

Oh, and @AliciaStella Nice work. A couple of things though. I believe Shrek will be flattened, not gutted. This will be very reminiscent of the Transformers build. As in a fast tracked complete demo/rebuild in the middle of an operating theme park. And I believe Yoshi may be using a CitH style busbar ride system.
Yes, especially for the full two story plus build that SLOP will require.

Oh, and @AliciaStella Nice work. A couple of things though. I believe Shrek will be flattened, not gutted. This will be very reminiscent of the Transformers build. As in a fast tracked complete demo/rebuild in the middle of an operating theme park. And I believe Yoshi may be using a CitH style busbar ride system.

Which makes me now wonder if they are aiming for simultaneous opening at Hollywood and Orlando, and if I had to guess; that would have to mean that Pets for Hollywood wouldn't open until possibly 2020. But that would mean that this needs to be talked at the proper thread for Hollywood.

Hoping the SLOP ride will be one of the most technologically advanced and AA heavy rides in existence.

Would be cool if they placed AA's on other trackless RV's that drove in front of you and switched out the characters throughout the ride.

Do any trackless dark ride RV's move on a base? Like rock back and fourth and stuff? Maybe something like that can be used.

Hoping the SLOP ride will be one of the most technologically advanced and AA heavy rides in existence.

Would be cool if they placed AA's on other trackless RV's that drove in front of you and switched out the characters throughout the ride.

Do any trackless dark ride RV's move on a base? Like rock back and fourth and stuff? Maybe something like that can be used.
Don't believe there's any rocking motion. Just fast paced movement interspersed with speed changes for viewing purposes and avoiding AA motion bases.....AA's on other trackless bases interacting sounds about right. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Are you refering by chance to somewhat of a motion-base, similar to what is used in Antarctica of the pitching of the car's seats at certain angles? Because I believe Antarctica is the only one that has a trackless motion base.

I doubt there will be any motion base for the cars

Are you refering by chance to somewhat of a motion-base, similar to what is used in Antarctica of the pitching of the car's seats at certain angles? Because I believe Antarctica is the only one that has a trackless motion base.

I doubt there will be any motion base for the cars

That exactly. Would make for a great effect in a celebration style scene.

This is something that I admire about Universal over Disney.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
As much as I want AA's on the ride vehicles, if it's between SLOP or MK, I'm going MK.

I'm also super interested in what this does for the front of the park, especially with a full tear down. If we get the expected NY apartment building facades, what does this mean for:
- DM
- Monsters Cafe
- Rocket
- Transition into Hollywood (does the building serve double duty depending on which way you view it? )

I really hope they use this as an opportunity to completely redo the entrance area for USF. IOA has the beautiful Port of Entry leading into a grand reveal of the huge IOA lagoon where you can see the landmarks of every island. USF has an unappealing studio lot with two screen rides with ugly facades.

Personally, I'd refurbish everything from the front end of the park:
- Give SLOP a New York facade, and in order to help congestion, have the entrance be on the side of the attraction facing away from the park entrance.
- Completely redo the Despicable Me facade/queue to be like USH's (if they have to, they can do a virtual queue for the attraction in the meantime).
- Redo the outside of Monsters Cafe to fit into the New York theme. They don't NEED to do anything major, but at the very least changing the aesthetic would help greatly.
- Rename the "Hollywood" Rip Ride Rockit to just the Rip Ride Rockit, and maybe give it a better queue, new music, etc. alongside that.
- Tranformers can now count as an attraction in New York. I mean, the ride itself takes place in a city. Just pretend it's a government facility in New York. It works, imo.

This way, the front of the park can now be part of New York rather than Production Central; specifically a residential New York street leading into the main part of the city. (Yes, I know the DM movies likely don't take place in New York but we can pretend.) Hollywood can stay in exactly the footprint it is now, plus being extended to have E.T./SpongeBob.

Reactions: Cwoolboy and Nico