Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What about a sort of Dreamworks mashup ride (kind of like Nicktoon blast)?

I honestly wouldn't mind a ride like that. Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast was actually pretty fun.

I always see Jimmy Neutron getting a lot of hate but I'm with you, I really enjoyed it.

I think Universal is in a really delicate balancing act just now with what to bring into the current parks. With the 3rd gate coming and the recent acquirement of Dreamworks, I can see them building a full land at the 3rd gate which would put most of the IPs out of reach.

Would Shrek be big enough for SLOP?

I always see Jimmy Neutron getting a lot of hate but I'm with you, I really enjoyed it.

I think Universal is in a really delicate balancing act just now with what to bring into the current parks. With the 3rd gate coming and the recent acquirement of Dreamworks, I can see them building a full land at the 3rd gate which would put most of the IPs out of reach.

Would Shrek be big enough for SLOP?
I guess it was just more wishful thinking than anything.

Reactions: Scott W.
Realistically, if Shrek goes, what could be a suitable replacement?

IP wise, there is enough to choose from but we're dealing with about .7 acres.

I would love an attraction that is themeed to an action film, even if it used the same system as Shrek, it would just be really fun to have something a bit more tense than Shrek. Maybe something themed to Everest where we attempt to climb. However since Shrek is more gentle and family oriented, maybe an action short-film wouldn't be suited as a replacement.

Realistically, if Shrek goes, what could be a suitable replacement?

IP wise, there is enough to choose from but we're dealing with about .7 acres.

I'd rather want to see the footprint of the Production Central area expand to the right for a new park plaza with more footspace and a place to let parents relax (much like how Universal Plaza has done well for USH in terms of that..).

I would love an attraction that is themeed to an action film, even if it used the same system as Shrek, it would just be really fun to have something a bit more tense than Shrek. Maybe something themed to Everest where we attempt to climb. However since Shrek is more gentle and family oriented, maybe an action short-film wouldn't be suited as a replacement.

Terminator 2 3D?

I'd rather want to see the footprint of the Production Central area expand to the right for a new park plaza with more footspace and a place to let parents relax (much like how Universal Plaza has done well for USH in terms of that..).

Not a bad idea. It could drastically enhance the view when you first enter the park.

I guess it was just more wishful thinking than anything.

Anything is possible.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
This is a good one. A ceramic horse of ancient China’s Han Dynasty about 1800 years ago is at Sanxingdui Museum in Sichuan province. Since the museum this image on the Web the resemblance to Donkey has been pointed out.

shrek-donkey1.jpg

shrek-donkey2.jpg

Reactions: Mike S
With Shrek 4-D seeming to be out of the Gutter and that SLoP is on the table as a most likely candidate for replacement, out good friend @AliciaStella while mentioning things in a new video of hers..has something interesting on SLoP. I would highly recommend taking a quick look at it, as it's rather interesting..

To also mention something, a scene in the attraction seemed to point out of rescuing the character of Norman from the film (which looks like this...).

latest

Yes, Alicia does some really good professional work.That's an excellent summation.......I've updated with new info....... SLOP is probably 'two floors', with the Restaurant in Hollywood version (probably not for Orlando), queue, AA loaded pre show, and gift shop on one floor and the nine scene family friendly dark ride with mobile AA's, multi person trackless vehicles that have action oriented movement and travel two at a time through the scenes, lot's of animal AA's in rooms & scenes with practical special effects(see UK Triggs postings on the Creature thread) , on the other,so it could easily fit on the Shrek plot.Capacity will be similar to Kong, Transformer high capacity level.... Of course, as with everything Universal produces, plans are subject to quick change. After all, that's the Universal MO. :)

Last edited:
With Shrek 4-D seeming to be out of the Gutter and that SLoP is on the table as a most likely candidate for replacement, out good friend @AliciaStella while mentioning things in a new video of hers..has something interesting on SLoP. I would highly recommend taking a quick look at it, as it's rather interesting..

To also mention something, a scene in the attraction seemed to point out of rescuing the character of Norman from the film (which looks like this...).

latest

It's not just one scene ;) I believe it's the story for the ride. A not so little birdie may also be on hand to help.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's not just one scene ;) I believe it's the story for the ride

When thinking about it yesterday, that is what clicked to me at first; as in the film, Norman was trying to get back to his home in the first place. If I had to guess, I am going to assume while in the vents, something happened to Norman; forcing him to be on a roaring trip and that Max, Duke, and all of the pet's need the help of the Guests to find Norman.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
When thinking about it yesterday, that is what clicked to me at first; as in the film, Norman was trying to get back to his home in the first place. If I had to guess, I am going to assume while in the vents, something happened to Norman; forcing him to be on a roaring trip and that Max, Duke, and all of the pet's need the help of the Guests to find Norman.

latest

Reactions: Mad Dog