Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But just give SFMM some time, maybe another 5 years or so. My prediction still stands, the park will surpass Cedar Point in annual visitors.

Shouldn’t be hard, they’re already in the 3 Million range and as you mentioned, they’re open 365 days a year.

It still won’t be nearly as profitable in terms of EBITDA. Cedar Point is a multi-day resort destination for the Midwest and Magic Mountain is a regional park in Southern California.

Just to dispel the idea that they’re competing in any way (not a fanboy).

So I was right all along. SFMM is going BIG, BIG, BIG in 2o19 as I predicted. I think @Chris Galindo owes me an apology for doubting me. Will he? Nah.

I said this back in May.

He literally said this right after my post. Lol

Just going to throw this out, things can change on a freaking dime if given enough reason and/or money either being given or taken away.

__

I'd wonder if the upped scope has something to do with the Tax Cuts from recent, and that they decided to go in on investment to compete against Universal Parks and Resorts and Disney Parks and Resorts on their big investments for next year (GE for DL and JW for USH) with moving up plans from later on to now, as Six Flags does plan some things in years of advance.

Reactions: chris.g and Dhdhddh
So tell me how you really feel. Don't owe you no stupid apology, no one cares you were right. You want a trophy?

Relax bruh. No need to get your panties all up in a bunch.

It's just amusing to me how you got it SOOOOOOOO wrong. Also I don't buy the excuse that plans changed last minute. This kind of BIG, BIG, BIG investment takes a LONG time to plan, develop, finance, and execute.

It was clear as day that SFMM was going for a massive investment in 2019 and unfortunately for you, ya were on the wrong side of the coin. Better luck next time player.

SFMM has higher attendance probability due to location. That is basic fact. Cedar point has huge profit potential in the months it is operating but has a hard limit. This is not an argument.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
It's just amusing to me how you got it SOOOOOOOO wrong. Also I don't buy the excuse that plans changed last minute. This kind of BIG, BIG, BIG investment takes a LONG time to plan, develop, finance, and execute.

Just how it was clear that Neal Thurman was going to come back last minute to replace Rabjohn as the park president completely giving the vision for SFMM up until the 50th a 180? Or how SDC's success in the traveller sparked an interest in Neal to compete in the coaster market again? Ignorance really is bliss...

anyways I'm tired of arguing with this kid, back to topic. I've been wondering what kind of retheme Apocalypse is gonna get?

I'm tired of arguing with this kid,

Kid? Wrong again. I 'm an adult in the real world with a family to raise, wife, full-time career, etc. I'm not some pimply teenager spouting nonsense with uninformed opinions. In fact, not too long ago, you confirmed my list of financial investments I thought the park should make.

Anyways, I don't know why you're so mad at me. I made a joke about you having to apologize to me & you took it really personal. Lighten up dude.

Shouldn’t be hard, they’re already in the 3 Million range and as you mentioned, they’re open 365 days a year.

It still won’t be nearly as profitable in terms of EBITDA. Cedar Point is a multi-day resort destination for the Midwest and Magic Mountain is a regional park in Southern California.

Just to dispel the idea that they’re competing in any way (not a fanboy).

Sure, SFMM is currently a regional park. My point is that the status is going to change within the next 5 years with the major investments the park will be making in the near future. It's going to absolutely smash CP fanboyz hearts when SFMM surpasses them in annual attendance.

I'm actually exited for the future of the park.

thumb_screenshot_20180623-165932.png

fay-wray-king-kong-1933.gif

The Boardwalk is really looking nice after this update from CCK: Six Flags Magic Mountain Update - June 26th 2018 - CraZanity Testing! - Page 2 of 2 - California Coaster Kings

I'm wondering if the dirt in front isn't getting any vegetation at all. IMO it kinda blends in with the boardwalk theme, looks like sand. Would be nice to see Palm trees alongside the back of Crazanity. I'm really excited for all these to open already.
Ugh, what is up with SFMM's obsession with getting rid of all of their trees? I fear for RapidsCamp Crossing now.

and yea I noticed on tuesday that the construction walls extended to the speedway. also, the small giftshop right there sells "Wally World" shirts now btw. For those that know the reference.

Well what else is there to do in Ohio besides amusement parks? Lol
suffer... endless suffering.... I've unfortunately lived there 3 times... lol

Per the parks FB, Crazinity opens July 13!
I'll let you guys know about softs asap :)

I've been wondering what kind of retheme Apocalypse is gonna get?
As far as I know, don't expect a retheme. Although due to their ties to WB, we've joked about Mad Max..

in other news, here is a look at the former Aftermath maze next to Apocalypse
4Fu87EQ.jpg

OtFc4Ib.jpg

Reactions: SOCAL110
Alright.. so here is a small update from yesterday..

While Crazanity officially opens in 2 weeks, they are pushing to have it open by next week for the 4th of July lol

as for the Fright Fest side of things... here's the latest maze rumblings..
Aftermath - Not Returning
Chupucabra - Not Returning ("NEW")
Toyz of Terror 3D - Not Returning ("NEW")
Red's Revenge - Possibly Returning
Vault 666 - Possibly Returning
Willoughby's Revenge - Possibly Returning
Dead End - Possibly Returning

Reactions: Freak and SOCAL110
Alright.. so here is a small update from yesterday..

While Crazanity officially opens in 2 weeks, they are pushing to have it open by next week for the 4th of July lol

as for the Fright Fest side of things... here's the latest maze rumblings..
Aftermath - Not Returning
Chupucabra - Not Returning ("NEW")
Toyz of Terror 3D - Not Returning ("NEW")
Red's Revenge - Possibly Returning
Vault 666 - Possibly Returning
Willoughby's Revenge - Possibly Returning
Dead End - Possibly Returning

Bummer about Aftermath. I always loved that maze.

Whoa, so it looks like they are going to shake up the lineup with lots of new mazes. With the investments the park is making, I hope they also invest in their Fright Fest offerings.

So this was just passed along to me:

Mack reveals in this video they're working on a California coaster in 2019. (1:28:52)

Mack reveals in this video they're working on a California coaster in 2019. (1:28:52)

I couldn't make out if the guy said $6 mil or $60 million dollars for the cost of the coaster. That effeminate Frenchman narrator rudely interrupted.

I can barely make out what that guy was saying thanks to that obnoxious French translator. Is there a version without the French?

I’m becoming a bit more accepting of SFMM putting any possibility of a megacoaster on the back burner and becoming a bit more open to this. I have a friend who got to go on Time Travler and said it has some crazy good airtime and sensations. He put it on his personal top 10 list of the 220 coasters he’s been on. I think this will surprise us.