Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I couldn't make out if the guy said $6 mil or $60 million dollars for the cost of the coaster. That effeminate Frenchman narrator rudely interrupted.

Sounds like somewhere around 20-24 million in hearing, but I could be wrong.

If that's just for the coaster, then this alone makes it the largest expansion in Six Flags history on a domestic side that doesn't relate to new parks.

I think that track is going to Carowinds for their new Mack coaster. Probably isn't going here.

When looking at some of the comments, someone was able to translate the french narration, as it apparently seems like that particular track, is not going to Carowinds, but California.

EDIT: And before someone asks, no, California's Great America isn't getting another coaster in less than two years.

And I would assume considering some rumors floating around, that Knotts will take it easy next year, considering how close they are to Disney and all that jazz from this year being Hangtime.

Last edited:
When looking at some of the comments, someone was able to translate the french narration, as it apparently seems like that particular track, is not going to Carowinds, but California.

EDIT: And before someone asks, no, California's Great America isn't getting another coaster in less than two years.

And I would assume considering some rumors floating around, that Knotts will take it easy next year, considering how close they are to Disney and all that jazz from this year being Hangtime.

Well, you also have..... crap, I'm outta options. I really hope this isn't a Mack Launch/Spinner though.

Well, you also have..... crap, I'm outta options. I really hope this isn't a Mack Launch/Spinner though.

Honestly, I don't see the problem with a Launched Controlled Spinning Coaster.

It'd be a huge deal for California, and would be the first time a Six Flags park has gotten a coaster of that scale in a fascinating sense.

It'd be also, a huge pull for 2019, especially when considering it'd actually stand out alongside Jurassic World and Galaxy's Edge, making it something for coaster-fans, possibly a must. And that's not mentioning the rest of the money that may possibly go for a Cyclone Bay re-fresh, and retheming Apocalypse in the process too.

It'd be a huge deal, one in which that I am all for, especially when 2019 is a huge year for Southern California.

Reactions: SOCAL110
I couldn't make out if the guy said $6 mil or $60 million dollars for the cost of the coaster. That effeminate Frenchman narrator rudely interrupted.

I heard 20$ million, but I believe Alex told me he heard 24$ Mil? Either way this is a huge investment

I heard 20$ million, but I believe Alex told me he heard 24$ Mil? Either way this is a huge investment

A nice chunk of change!

Honestly, I don't see the problem with a Launched Controlled Spinning Coaster.

It'd be a huge deal for California, and would be the first time a Six Flags park has gotten a coaster of that scale in a fascinating sense.

It'd be also, a huge pull for 2019, especially when considering it'd actually stand out alongside Jurassic World and Galaxy's Edge, making it something for coaster-fans, possibly a must. And that's not mentioning the rest of the money that may possibly go for a Cyclone Bay re-fresh, and retheming Apocalypse in the process too.

It'd be a huge deal, one in which that I am all for, especially when 2019 is a huge year for Southern California.

Yea, I would be all for this. Most importantly, it would give variety to the SFMM coaster line up. Though it would have to one-up the coaster from Silver Dollar City for marketing purposes. I'm sure SF will find a way. I just hope it's not vomit-inducing with all the spinning. Lol

So is this confirmed to be the coaster going to SFMM or speculation? It makes sense though.

A nice chunk of change!

Yea, I would be all for this. Most importantly, it would give variety to the SFMM coaster line up. Though it would have to one-up the coaster from Silver Dollar City for marketing purposes. I'm sure SF will find a way. I just hope it's not vomit-inducing with all the spinning. Lol

So is this confirmed to be the coaster going to SFMM or speculation? It makes sense though.

One would assume, controlled spinning would be enforced, as Mack introduced that for Time Traveller.

I take you're silence on my question to be a silent nod of approval. Thanks my dude.

Allow me, to remind people of this little thing I've posted.

I was told of this eariler too, and I do agree with this.

A lot of money, may be Six Flags largest investment in general for the domestic parks (excluding International projects).

So-far, I have no reason to doubt what I've heard previously.

It'd be also, a huge pull for 2019, And that's not mentioning the rest of the money that may possibly go for a Cyclone Bay re-fresh, and retheming Apocalypse in the process too.
First of all, forget the name "Cyclone Bay" even exists because that "land" hasn't existed since Cyclone was demolished. And the stupid "Cyclone 500" speedway does NOT count or qualify referring to the back of the park as "Cyclone Bay". :chainsaw: The area isn't getting a refresh, its getting demolished. The buildings behind the wall have already been gutted to make demo easier.

And Apocalypse does NOT need a retheme. It just needs a proper re-tracking & refurbishment. Besides, I enjoy the "NOT-Terminator" :rolleyes: named Damien telling guests their kids will be slaughtered in the queue video :love:

So does this mean Roaring Rapids is staying?! Hellz yea!
@Wesker69 Do you have any info on this?
As far as I know, Rapids isn't going anywhere, nor would it have to anytime in the near future. You're more likely to see Viper go under the knife before Rapids.

The website says SlingShot is temporarily closed but Apocalypse is still open.
Anyway, here is a mini update from today....
xm9OG34.jpg

Now while this new map has the Apocalypse Wasteland blacked out, I can confirm that Apocalypse was STILL operating today and there were no walls blocking off access to get back there yet. So it seems like they jumped the gun with putting the map in the park. (also Apocalypse & Kickin' Chicken are still listed :rolleyes::lmao:)

BqeJibI.jpg

Hey look... the bumper cars are STILL fenced off and not operational.... SIGH..

7xccaIY.jpg

Yes, their solution to getting it open ASAP is building a wall to hide the dirt instead of just laying down fresh sod or small plants...

x21VXmv.jpg

Ooooo I bet those silver poles will be for another wooden wall...

TTB1DEJ.jpg

Up up and :puke:

GHGbBdD.jpg

If you were wondering just how close it swings to the queue roof... here's your first look...

As for the Fright Fest rumblings, all I know is they're planning and like always, everything will be revealed SOON... like Midsummer Scream soon or ScareLA... But yes, we should see SOMETHING "new"... hopefully NOT "Dead End 2.0" because that had terrible waittimes due to having to pulse due to groups & secret doors. :chainsaw:

First of all, forget the name "Cyclone Bay" even exists because that "land" hasn't existed since Cyclone was demolished. And the stupid "Cyclone 500" speedway does NOT count or qualify referring to the back of the park as "Cyclone Bay". :chainsaw: The area isn't getting a refresh, its getting demolished. The buildings behind the wall have already been gutted to make demo easier.

And Apocalypse does NOT need a retheme. It just needs a proper re-tracking & refurbishment. Besides, I enjoy the "NOT-Terminator" :rolleyes: named Damien telling guests their kids will be slaughtered in the queue video :love:

As far as I know, Rapids isn't going anywhere, nor would it have to anytime in the near future. You're more likely to see Viper go under the knife before Rapids.

Anyway, here is a mini update from today....
xm9OG34.jpg

Now while this new map has the Apocalypse Wasteland blacked out, I can confirm that Apocalypse was STILL operating today and there were no walls blocking off access to get back there yet. So it seems like they jumped the gun with putting the map in the park. (also Apocalypse & Kickin' Chicken are still listed :rolleyes::lmao:)

BqeJibI.jpg

Hey look... the bumper cars are STILL fenced off and not operational.... SIGH..

7xccaIY.jpg

Yes, their solution to getting it open ASAP is building a wall to hide the dirt instead of just laying down fresh sod or small plants...

x21VXmv.jpg

Ooooo I bet those silver poles will be for another wooden wall...

TTB1DEJ.jpg

Up up and :puke:

GHGbBdD.jpg

If you were wondering just how close it swings to the queue roof... here's your first look...

As for the Fright Fest rumblings, all I know is they're planning and like always, everything will be revealed SOON... like Midsummer Scream soon or ScareLA... But yes, we should see SOMETHING "new"... hopefully NOT "Dead End 2.0" because that had terrible waittimes due to having to pulse due to groups & secret doors. :chainsaw:

Thanx for that great update! I think I just found my new insider for SFMM I can count on.
:cheers:

So are we indeed getting Time Traveler for 2019 or nah?