Six Flags Magic Mountain | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Magic Mountain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So are we indeed getting Time Traveler for 2019 or nah?
No idea. I'm honestly more amused by the fact that Crazanity has been listed on the map ever since the park finally got 2018 maps... for the past few months, despite only being erect in the park since a few weeks ago. And now, the newest map has the Apocalypse Wasteland blacked out even though Apocalypse is still operating & Crazanity still isn't open (and neither are the bumper cars).

But hey kids, be sure to visit Six Flags Magic Mountain (and select other Six Flags parks) for the "All American 4th of July Food Festival" :rolleyes::lmao:

Reactions: chris.g
Thanx for that great update! I think I just found my new insider for SFMM I can count on.
:cheers:

So are we indeed getting Time Traveler for 2019 or nah?

I actually just returned from a visit to Silver Dollar City, and rode Time Traveler 3 times. It's a fun ride. Not really as intense as you may think (remember, they do dampen the spins a bit due to launches and inversions), but very fun. I also liked the improved restraint. It's the same as Manta at Sea World SD, but as you may know, those have a habit of tightening during the ride. These are automatic, and lock in place. In fact, the operators don't even physically check them to see if they're locked... a very unusual step in this day and age.

The problem did have was operations/reliability. It took 45 minutes to open. The back car rarely seems to be open, which means you can only then get 12 people on at a time--only 4 more than Railblazer, and people laud that for throughput potentail!. On the first day visit, they only ran one train all day, making the line agonizingly slow. On the second day, it took them another hour (after the already delayed hour opening) to add a second train.

I worry there's a number of kinks that need to be ironed out on it. If SFMM does get one, I hope it'll be more reliable.

Reactions: SOCAL110
If SFMM does get one, I hope it'll be more reliable.
hahahahahaha..... sigh... reliability and SFMM... thats the laugh I needed this morning.

Here is my biggest issue with the impending new coaster. Whatever it may end up being, I'm sure it will be great. Unfortunately, the Apocalypse Wasteland will most likely suffer from the same stupidity as the Screampunk District when Twisted Colossus opened. The newly redone land will also be devoid of flat rides/dark rides. This is a huge issue I have with the park because they have plenty of space for a multitude of other rides in these areas. The park lacks variety (something Cedar Point still holds onto for the most part). Whether it be a classic flat ride or a newer vomit-inducing one, the park needs more. And due to the heat & humidity, they also need more indoor rides (even if they shove a flat ride in a building). While not ride related, they should really add another sit-down table-service restaurant in the back of the park since "Full Throttle Sports Bar" is the only one.

Samurai Summit also needs some love... and by love, I mean get some food locations up there. The two former food places are just rotting away (just like that damn Sky Tower)..

hahahahahaha..... sigh... reliability and SFMM... thats the laugh I needed this morning.

Here is my biggest issue with the impending new coaster. Whatever it may end up being, I'm sure it will be great. Unfortunately, the Apocalypse Wasteland will most likely suffer from the same stupidity as the Screampunk District when Twisted Colossus opened. The newly redone land will also be devoid of flat rides/dark rides. This is a huge issue I have with the park because they have plenty of space for a multitude of other rides in these areas. The park lacks variety (something Cedar Point still holds onto for the most part). Whether it be a classic flat ride or a newer vomit-inducing one, the park needs more. And due to the heat & humidity, they also need more indoor rides (even if they shove a flat ride in a building). While not ride related, they should really add another sit-down table-service restaurant in the back of the park since "Full Throttle Sports Bar" is the only one.

Samurai Summit also needs some love... and by love, I mean get some food locations up there. The two former food places are just rotting away (just like that damn Sky Tower)..
Samurai Summit needs to reopen at least one of the restaurants, add 2 more rides, and reopen the Sky Tower!

Reactions: Wesker69
Samurai Summit needs to reopen at least one of the restaurants, add 2 more rides, and reopen the Sky Tower!
The former "Laughing Dragon" restaurant at the top of the hill near Superman is basically a toxic waste dump of hell. The building itself needs to be set on fire & burnt to the ground before it can be reopened.

As for the former quick-service restaurant above "Willoughby's Revenge" building near the Sky Tower could easily be redone & reopened. Currently the former seating area that overlooks Ninja & Jet Stream is part of the employee break area (which is part of the same building as the old quick service restaurant) hence the two random blue wooden walls blocking off access to that seating area.

As far as food goes, it'd be great to have another full service sit down restaurant up there with Japanese food offerings (sushi, teriyaki bowls, steak, etc). And relocate "Chop Six" (aka- former Panda) to be the quick service option. Two different Asian cultures, but it'd make Samurai Summit unique rather than more of the same over-priced terrible burgers & what-not.

The Sky Tower will never reopen, i've heard many stories of why it is not operational, but nothing completely solid. For all we know, it could probably be classified as a historical landmark so the park can't touch it to redo it in some way. But yes, it would be nice if they could make it operational again. It was literally an observation deck though. Not an actual ride.

While in theory it'd be nice to see more rides added to Samurai Summit, that might be a tad more difficult. Mostly due to space and of course being a legit hill. It is possible, but it'd be very tricky & they'd have to get very creative.

This has actually been one of SFMM's major flaws when it comes to building new big rides/coasters... there will be a flat ride or two in that particular location and instead of either relocating that flat ride somewhere else in the park or finding a way to make the new ride/coaster layout work with the existing flat ride, they just toss it aside like its nothing. This is why the park lacks such variety in overall rides.

The former "Laughing Dragon" restaurant at the top of the hill near Superman is basically a toxic waste dump of hell. The building itself needs to be set on fire & burnt to the ground before it can be reopened.

As for the former quick-service restaurant above "Willoughby's Revenge" building near the Sky Tower could easily be redone & reopened. Currently the former seating area that overlooks Ninja & Jet Stream is part of the employee break area (which is part of the same building as the old quick service restaurant) hence the two random blue wooden walls blocking off access to that seating area.

As far as food goes, it'd be great to have another full service sit down restaurant up there with Japanese food offerings (sushi, teriyaki bowls, steak, etc). And relocate "Chop Six" (aka- former Panda) to be the quick service option. Two different Asian cultures, but it'd make Samurai Summit unique rather than more of the same over-priced terrible burgers & what-not.

The Sky Tower will never reopen, i've heard many stories of why it is not operational, but nothing completely solid. For all we know, it could probably be classified as a historical landmark so the park can't touch it to redo it in some way. But yes, it would be nice if they could make it operational again. It was literally an observation deck though. Not an actual ride.

While in theory it'd be nice to see more rides added to Samurai Summit, that might be a tad more difficult. Mostly due to space and of course being a legit hill. It is possible, but it'd be very tricky & they'd have to get very creative.

This has actually been one of SFMM's major flaws when it comes to building new big rides/coasters... there will be a flat ride or two in that particular location and instead of either relocating that flat ride somewhere else in the park or finding a way to make the new ride/coaster layout work with the existing flat ride, they just toss it aside like its nothing. This is why the park lacks such variety in overall rides.
Chop Six is very popular and relocating it to the top would add some much needed attendance up there. I like the believe the park won’t let the Sky tower sit abandoned. It has closed for periods of times before but this one seems more extreme. I’ll take the stairs up and down :grin:

I do enjoy NOT-Panda (....mmm Beef Broccoli/Orange Chicken with ONLY fried rice.... yes kids, you DON'T have to have the Chow Mein. You can get one or the other).. I might get that on tuesday haha... but yes, relocating it to Samurai Summit would be best.

My huge gripe right now though is, the "Fish & Chips" counter in FOOD ETC by Goliath was replaced by a stupid Greek Gyro counter. So now the park is kinda devoid of fried fish. So we really need a restaurant that offers fried, grilled, or broiled fish..

The area around Viper is randomly "Old Mexico" themed... yet we can't get tacos & churros nearby. SIIIIIIGHHH.

Theyve tried with Samurai Summit and unfortunately it failed. Laughing Dragon had low consumership and it's basically a dud to put anything up there. I disagree with a lot of what you said but that's alright, honestly the park is good to some and terrible to others (I love it but that partly has to do with nostalgia).

Also apparently Sky Tower is a simple yet expensive fix that the park doesnt wanna bother paying to reopen (elevator cables I believe). At JL:BFM media day I asked if it would ever reopen but just got a shrug and "never say never" response.

I actually just returned from a visit to Silver Dollar City, and rode Time Traveler 3 times. It's a fun ride. Not really as intense as you may think (remember, they do dampen the spins a bit due to launches and inversions), but very fun. I also liked the improved restraint. It's the same as Manta at Sea World SD, but as you may know, those have a habit of tightening during the ride. These are automatic, and lock in place. In fact, the operators don't even physically check them to see if they're locked... a very unusual step in this day and age.

The problem did have was operations/reliability. It took 45 minutes to open. The back car rarely seems to be open, which means you can only then get 12 people on at a time--only 4 more than Railblazer, and people laud that for throughput potentail!. On the first day visit, they only ran one train all day, making the line agonizingly slow. On the second day, it took them another hour (after the already delayed hour opening) to add a second train.

I worry there's a number of kinks that need to be ironed out on it. If SFMM does get one, I hope it'll be more reliable.

That's good to hear that TT isn't a vomit-inducer. That was really my only concern about the ride.

I still haven't been on Manta at SW SD, but I'll be going this summer so I'll be sure to get on it. Also, Electric Eel looks like fun.

I definitely see some changes a comin' to SFMM in the next 5 years. Besides Cyclone Bay, I expect Samurai Summit & the Revolution area to be refurbed for sure.

I'm positive more high-quality flats are going to be added like Crazanity, along with an on-site hotel at some point. I also see a front gate overhaul to make it more inviting.

They will surpass Cedar Point in attendance at some point.

The park needs to do something about the Sky Tower. Fix it or get rid of it.

I'm positive more high-quality flats are going to be added like Crazanity, along with an on-site hotel at some point. I also see a front gate overhaul to make it more inviting.
Crazanity is far from "high quality" haha.... its just a basic spinning swinging disc. There are old school flat rides that are better quality.

I don't see a hotel anytime soon. The park needs a full blown overhaul before that should even be considered. And they actually have made effort with the front gate. The two security check plazas have nice blue tarp awnings over the area to help provide shade. It definitely was a step in the right direction (even though inside the park they have a weird aversion to shade, fans, and indoor areas.)

In other news, I forgot that I got this shirt while at the park yesterday...
00bQPyu.jpg

They have it in the giftshop across from the Speedway next to Jet Stream

Crazanity is far from "high quality" haha.... its just a basic spinning swinging disc. There are old school flat rides that are better quality.

Well as someone who hates flat rides, Crazanity is definitely higher quality than the crap flat rides at Cedar Point or other places.

Cool shirt by the way!

I like the believe the park won’t let the Sky tower sit abandoned. It has closed for periods of times before but this one seems more extreme. I’ll take the stairs up and down :grin:

I think they need to just tear it down. Theres no way it's in good condition clearly or it would be open. It's old and outdated and I know its been a park Icon forever but I'd love to see them just tear it down already and use that space for something that will actually be open and operate, whether it be the worlds tallest starflyer ONTOP of being on the giant hill (that could be quite the experience as it would make it seem as if you were really 500+ feet in the air). Better yet the world tallest whatever this is:

I think they need to just tear it down. Theres no way it's in good condition clearly or it would be open. It's old and outdated and I know its been a park Icon forever but I'd love to see them just tear it down already and use that space for something that will actually be open and operate, whether it be the worlds tallest starflyer ONTOP of being on the giant hill (that could be quite the experience as it would make it seem as if you were really 500+ feet in the air). Better yet the world tallest whatever this is:

They should tear it down and build a more modern observation tower.

They should tear it down and build a more modern observation tower.

While that would be nice too I really don't think anyone is clamoring for a new observation tower outside of purists and the people on these boards. I can't imagine that would be a big selling point for anyone visiting the park. A worlds tallest... plus the height of that spot would be most economically feasible imo at least.

Here is my biggest issue with the impending new coaster. Whatever it may end up being, I'm sure it will be great. Unfortunately, the Apocalypse Wasteland will most likely suffer from the same stupidity as the Screampunk District when Twisted Colossus opened. The newly redone land will also be devoid of flat rides/dark rides....

I thought the big rumor is that they are, in fact, finally getting a lot of flat rides soon. What basis/info do you have to say that it won't have any?

With a tentative name of "Adrenaline Alley", that definitely implies more than one attraction is coming. To me, the question is, is a flat ride package coming as it's own announcement, or will it be in addition to a new coaster? Are these two separate events, or one big one? And if separate, what's coming first?

And yeah, SFMM and reliability is pretty funny. But, even I feel SF doesn't intentionally want to get something that's already known to have problems. They're more than capable of creating problems all on their own without any per-existing conditions. :D

I thought the big rumor is that they are, in fact, finally getting a lot of flat rides soon. What basis/info do you have to say that it won't have any?

With a tentative name of "Adrenaline Alley", that definitely implies more than one attraction is coming. To me, the question is, is a flat ride package coming as it's own announcement, or will it be in addition to a new coaster? Are these two separate events, or one big one? And if separate, what's coming first?

And yeah, SFMM and reliability is pretty funny. But, even I feel SF doesn't intentionally want to get something that's already known to have problems. They're more than capable of creating problems all on their own without any per-existing conditions. :D
It would have to be a coaster. The park has to know that flat rides and Apocalypse alone aren’t going to boost that area