Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 145 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bring your daughter. Problem solved

Some day if you ever have kids, you will understand why I would never do this. But until that day, there is really no point in arguing about why kids are in theme parks or why theme parks probably would not exist if kids didn't enjoy them. Date nights are reserved for things we can't do with kids as we want to make sure we are taking advantage of those times we have people to watch our kids.

Yeah, I think this is going to have monster capacity. Of course, just about every major attraction Universal has done recently (Transformers, FJ, Gringotts, HE) has huge capacity. Only DM, which was really just a redo of an existing attraction & not an E ticket, has poor capacity.
If what I've heard is true that there's 72 people per vehicle and they're dispatched every 1.5 minutes, it will truly have an insane capacity. I did the math, that's a 2,880 hourly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
Some day if you ever have kids, you will understand why I would never do this. But until that day, there is really no point in arguing about why kids are in theme parks or why theme parks probably would not exist if kids didn't enjoy them. Date nights are reserved for things we can't do with kids as we want to make sure we are taking advantage of those times we have people to watch our kids.
I don't have a child?
Until that day, there is really no point in arguing about why kids are in theme parks or why theme parks probably would not exist if kids didn't enjoy them.
How did you get this outta a joke about going to Universal without your daughter....?

If what I've heard is true that there's 72 people per vehicle and they're dispatched every 1.5 minutes, it will really have an insane capacity. I did the math, that's a 2,880 hourly.
:thumbsup:That would be WOW factor capacity. Even if it didn't reach those lofty numbers, 2,000 to 2,400 an hour would be great. Really hoping for close that 2,880 figure though.:)

Reactions: Ryno27
:thumbsup:That would be WOW factor capacity. Even if it didn't reach those lofty numbers, 2,000 to 2,400 an hour would be great. Really hoping for close that 2,880 figure though.:)
Makes me feel like a sardine. I'd rather have a longer wait for a smaller, more intimate experience. 72 is a lotta people.

Same here, I never do anything without my kid :)

I'm gay.

So.......

No. Hot dads, on the other hand - wanna talk about those?

INFORMS PubsOnline

Here's some great research on waits in theme parks.
That's a nice find on the theme park waits. Pretty interesting.... An additional point, that's really become significant since that study, are the elaborate queues that Universal has installed for their recent E tickets. FJ and Gringotts, as prime examples, have queues that are as good and significant as the rides themselves. I actually find myself hoping for at least a 30 minute FJ attraction line so I can enjoy the queue instead of having people rush past. From what we're hearing the Kong queue will be in that ball park. So I think a wait can be greatly alleviated by a queue that's as fun and entertaining as the ride. Now closeness of people to one another is another story. But most every attraction has people right next to one another, though in varying totals. I've always felt comfortable on Kilimanjaro Safari, so I think I'll be comfortable on Kong's vehicle since it's similar in size....As an aside, the comment on the hot babes was an obvious joke, as evidenced by the lol figure .:)

Reactions: Ryno27 and JoeCamel
Great comment. Instead of the boogeyman will get you if you don't eat your peas, it's "you can stay home tomorrow with grandma while we go to Disney". :)

I actually almost said this to my 5 yo daughter but she calmed down before I thought of saying it. Saturday night we got home around 9:15 PM and I told her she had to go straight to bed because we were going to Magic Kingdom or Sea World the next day and she needed a full nights sleep. She started crying because she is 5 and apparently this is what they do when they don't like something. I went upstairs to put my youngest to bed and all I hear from the stairs as she is coming upstairs is this dramatic crying and her telling her dad he is mean. When he got upstairs he told me she said that she wants new parents that are more fun. I laughed my butt off at that one and then after getting my youngest in her crib thought about telling her if she didn't stop she was staying home with grandma and we would just go with her sister. Well I went into her room and she was already happily getting a story read to her from her dad, so I never got to use the line. But man that was the funniest thing ever to me that she wanted more fun parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.