Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These trucks better come with some decent 'engine effect' sounds

Seeing a beastly jeep drive around this loop silently would look silly.

I cant wait to see the chassis these rigs are built on, so much exposure of tech with this outside loop.

I'm not sure what significance this has but I search this ride on instagram every now and then for construction updates, and recently I've been finding a few posts of people announcing they've been hired as an "opening team member" for Kong. Maybe this could help determine a more reliable opening time frame?

Last edited:
Fire scenery effects are great, but damn what a waste.

I always wondered what it costs a month to keep that one explosion in the Jaws ride going.
According to amityboattours.com: "During normal operation, each time the flame effects go off it costs an estimated $590.00. This means that within one hour the gas prices of Amity would be $7,080.00."

In one of the over the wall POV's that someone linked, I noticed this red light in the corner. Anyone know what it's for?
virhOAl.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
According to amityboattours.com: "During normal operation, each time the flame effects go off it costs an estimated $590.00. This means that within one hour the gas prices of Amity would be $7,080.00."

In one of the over the wall POV's that someone linked, I noticed this red light in the corner. Anyone know what it's for?
virhOAl.jpg

I think that goes off when you reach the top of the Aggro Crag.

I'm not sure what significance this has but I search this ride on instagram every now and then for construction updates, and recently I've been finding a few posts of people announcing they've been hired as an "opening team member" for Kong. Maybe this could help determine a more reliable opening time frame?

There's a second round of opening TMs being hired. Not sure if it's because people dropped off, or if they need more people, or if they just planned to do it in phases.

Looking at all the aerial pictures showing the near complete exterior of the facade.

It seems kind of silly they couldn't justify the extra cash to extend the left wall a bit more, at the very least to help being a bit more symmetry to the gate.

They easily could of maintained a door or opening for vehicle access due to the height of the wall.

Especially with the dense vegetation, it would of looked awesome.

Kong Aerial.jpg

Looking at all the aerial pictures showing the near complete exterior of the facade.

It seems kind of silly they couldn't justify the extra cash to extend the left wall a bit more, at the very least to help being a bit more symmetry to the gate.

They easily could of maintained a door or opening for vehicle access due to the height of the wall.

Especially with the dense vegetation, it would of looked awesome.

View attachment 1612
My guess is that they need that road for access of large heavy equipment at times (cranes etc.) that couldn't fit through a low ceiling gate.

Reactions: Mike S and Quint
Because of the Hogwarts Express that gate is the only way to get the really large equipment into or out of IOA. I don't think it looks bad or like it ends abruptly or anything from inside the park.
I think it could look better with the wall extension. That is especially from the log flume. They could make the whole wall a large swinging door if the big equipment has no other way into the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.