Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My curiosity is the roof on these vehicles. It looks like there's some mechanism to retract some sort of awning. Maybe for an effect. Very interesting to me.

The primary mechanisms you are seeing are the hydraulics to lift the side for load/unloading guests, similar to the Disney Backlot Tour.

The really question to your point is why are there hydraulics for both sides?? My first guess would be safety, but I dont think that is the case here :)

But aside from these features, you're right there is a lot going in up there. I even think I might see some i-beam type supports that look like slides for some type of linear motion :clap:

Studio-Backlot-Tour_Full_22274.jpg

So this is the day I've been waiting for! (besides riding it)

The RVs look great! Seeing those swing around the loop at night with headlights on will be all time!

A few things I pick up
- Many speakers mounted up in the canopy of the truck, look like announcement speakers more than show speakers.
- It looks like they have both sides of the RV rigged to open (two sets of hydraulics), that could raise questions since both load/unload are from one side.....
- There are still a bunch of electrical cables bundled, something else is going up there.
- While the sides look completely open, it does look like there are provisions for fiberglass siding.
Teebin's been hinting to us for a good while that there will be fun things going on, on the truck. I'm looking forward to effects, sound. movement & sight.:)

Reactions: IzzyB and Ryno27
Awesome to see it testing and just goes to show that @Teebin has been bang on the money gain with this one. Intrigued as to what the tarp is hiding.

Seeing testing has given me some hope, although very slim, that I might get lucky with softs before I leave on May 14. Like I say a long shot but I'm holding on to that hope non the less.
We're in the same boat.I'll be there May 7-17.

I don't think the tarp at the front of the vehicle is hiding anything. I think the vehicle is still unfinished and they're making sure it works now as a bare bones machine before completing it with the final body parts. That's just my $.02

I don't think the tarp at the front of the vehicle is hiding anything. I think the vehicle is still unfinished and they're making sure it works now as a bare bones machine before completing it with the final body parts. That's just my $.02
Shouldn't you be saying something like, "that's my two pence", or "that's my shilling" . You might get banned from going back to the UK for being too Americanized. :lol: :)

Last edited:
Shouldn't you be saying something like, "that's my two pence", or "that's my shilling" . You might get banned from going back to the UK for being too Americanized. :lol: :)

2 pence doesn't have the same ring to it and a shilling is 12 pence. With the exchange rate being as terrible as it is, there's not much of a difference value wise. I can try and sound American but with the accent, nobody understands me anyway.

Maybe they load on one side and unload from the other side.

I think that seems like the obvious reason. Id be disappointed though if you see guests unboarding as you board. It seems like they've built up such a giant experience with the queue that it would ruin it slightly.

Reactions: Ryno27
Maybe they load on one side and unload from the other side.

I think that seems like the obvious reason. Id be disappointed though if you see guests unboarding as you board. It seems like they've built up such a giant experience with the queue that it would ruin it slightly.

They both load/unload from the same side: Driver's Side, USA.

I've been trying my best to keep up with all the talk, so forgive me if this has already been asked or pointed out:

In the video, it appears as though the canopy over the trucks could be retractable? Or are they simply not in place yet? If it is indeed retractable, that's a brilliant way of expanding the line of sight for the practical portions, while allowing them to restrict the line of sight for the screened portion of the ride.

Reactions: Ryno27
In non-ride vehicle related news, I was just in JP playground, they have shortened the extended queue rope netting up to meet the top of the stone walls that separate queue from ride path. And something I hadn't really realized before, the wall appears to be at least 6 feet tall in most sections. Also they are installing a themed warning sign next to Kong head entrance. Thrilling news, you're welcome.

In non-ride vehicle related news, I was just in JP playground, they have shortened the extended queue rope netting up to meet the top of the stone walls that separate queue from ride path. And something I hadn't really realized before, the wall appears to be at least 6 feet tall in most sections. Also they are installing a themed warning sign next to Kong head entrance. Thrilling news, you're welcome.
Good looking out for news. Thank you:)..........Does the themed warning sign say,Parental Warning: "Keep your under 10 year old kids off of this eerie scary attraction, or they may have need of a visit to a child psychologist":shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.