Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 150 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What people are saying (as i interpret it):

yes - expounded very well, i might add. but i still find it silly to be saying that this unnatural movement or the large size of the vehicle is going to somehow ruin or cheapen the ride experience. most people won't even be able to see the road, much less the vehicle's turning maneuvers.

Reactions: Ryno27
yes - expounded very well, i might add. but i still find it silly to be saying that this unnatural movement or the large size of the vehicle is going to somehow ruin or cheapen the ride experience. most people won't even be able to see the road, much less the vehicle's turning maneuvers.

Well, that particular part is the area seen by guests - that's why i suggest just changing the path for that one area (and even if it gets stuck there during a downtime there's plenty of evac path, so it shouldnt be an issue). They might have to change the outcropping, but it seems like the easiest fix - make the front turn tight and the rear turn wide.

Reactions: Ryno27 and violarum
I think the point people are trying to make is with such a long vehicle and such a short outdoor portion, it's almost wasted space. I don't completely agree with this as I like Uni incorporating elements that involve no screens at all, but I can see where they are coming from.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Nico
That video got me freaking excited.

Complaining about the trucks turning too tightly is a real head scratcher, personally. The Internet will never cease to amaze me.

Reactions: Ryno27 and STL
I'd love to talk to an engineer about what the exact advantages are for this wifi/lps/trackless system vs a Spidey/Indy/CTX. Obviously there is no "track" per se, but the RV still follows the exact same path every time (case in point, the tire tracks). So what is the benefit of this system in the end, since, from a show perspective, it's still obvious that the RV is following a predetermined path? Is there higher reliability? Just thinking out loud.

Well, that particular part is the area seen by guests - that's why i suggest just changing the path for that one area (and even if it gets stuck there during a downtime there's plenty of evac path, so it shouldnt be an issue). They might have to change the outcropping, but it seems like the easiest fix - make the front turn tight and the rear turn wide.

while it may look more realistic for the bit in which it's outside, wouldn't it wear out the tires a bit more? that's why, i think, universal chose the crab-steering route, especially on uneven ground. i've been told that everything at universal is the way that it is for a reason, and that reason usually is avoiding costlier alternatives.

also, @Miketheboss i counted 12 rows, 6 people each. that makes 72 p/v, which corroborates with Teebin's number.

Ladies and Gentlmen...I give to you...Kong in all of it's glory. Was a great sight to see and she was bucking all around. Looked like a fun experience and got to see several tests through about an hour.

Video:

12828538_1699503786961899_3973849311834894455_o.jpg

12819293_1699503853628559_1629392917668527470_o.jpg

Trucks looks great, but particularly excited to see what's in the cab. Is it covered purely for secretive purposes or because whatever is in there isn't operating fully at this stage of testing?

Reactions: Mad Dog
It looks neat - though I thought we were told there would be speed in the outside portion, like you were hustling to evacuate the camp or get to that rendezvous.

It doesn't look like the vehicle could go much faster through that tight of a space and it doesn't appear to be just at a creep/crawl speed since it de accelerates to enter the temple and then resumed speed. I assume as it enters the door close, it very slowly advances during whatever exposition "omg look at that giant skull" scene that plays out and then resumes - how much you wanna bet it's to the tune of "oh that's creepy lets get out of here!"

So if it's doing a profile I wouldn't expect it to go much faster through the ride itself anywhere as the outside is the part it'd most be able to accelerate.

As for the front cab - there's an obvious window that's seemingly intentionally visible to riders. Maybe a projected or animatronic driver? Sort of like Hogwarts express?

It does appear to have a glass separation though so I dont think they'd use live actors. Unless they get to pantomime everything, eventually hop out, and get themselves killed. But then who drives the vehicle out for the ride to end? So many questions.

Reactions: Stitchie and Ryno27
As for the front cab - there's an obvious window that's seemingly intentionally visible to riders. Maybe a projected or animatronic driver? Sort of like Hogwarts express?

It does appear to have a glass separation though so I dont think they'd use live actors. Unless they get to pantomime everything, eventually hop out, and get themselves killed. But then who drives the vehicle out for the ride to end? So many questions.

I think it's just the style of the vehicle. Like the cabin at the front of a pick up truck but it's possible they could be doing something inside of it.

It's a tarp!

A projection wouldn't work well outside during the day, so either this is where the live actor goes, or animatronic (perhaps both).

Status
Not open for further replies.