Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its a different world legally sometimes, but Kongfrontation this is exactly what happened, only 30 feet in the air. A long Lap Bar with children seated in the middle would be the only restraint that would make sense. That being said, I don't think there is one.

Sea belts would be a capacity nightmare with capacity and operations to get everyone buckled in within a row you can't walk down.

The motions and jolts as said are on platforms similar to Earthquake's original motions. Which if everyone remembers, had no restraints.

I'll agree it likely won't have restraints - but the number of people wouldn't pose a problem for seat belts. Simulators solved this long ago - they simply have an LED grid that matches the seat layout. They turn on the seatbelt system (usually an vacuum system) and then watch for all the lights to come on. If one doesn't you have that person redo their belt.

Reactions: Ryno27
Great points to all of you. I guess we'll just wait and see, I'd prefer no lap bars, truck rides were always comfortable in that regard. Again the queue seems like it'll scare most kids away, not too worried about that

Reactions: Mad Dog and Ryno27
Which is true, but for a bunch of people squeezing into a row where a Team Member can't walk in between nor reach them to assist unlike a simulator cabin's large rows.
And a Lapbar would suffice as a deterrent for not wanting people to stand above with half the time if they still wanted it.

But yeah. I would not expect restraints of any kind. This seems to be more bench style seeing like Jaws, Kongfrontation, and Earthquake and Killimanjaro Safari.

I know its a different world legally sometimes, but Kongfrontation this is exactly what happened, only 30 feet in the air. A long Lap Bar with children seated in the middle would be the only restraint that would make sense. That being said, I don't think there is one.

Sea belts would be a capacity nightmare with capacity and operations to get everyone buckled in within a row you can't walk down.

The motions and jolts as said are on platforms similar to Earthquake's original motions. Which if everyone remembers, had no restraints.

I think seat belts could be an option if they use a similar system to Star Tours but I don't think this ride will be wild enough to need them.

Ok the furry Kongs are just no...everything else is so cool..perhaps later we will get some 8th Wonder Expedition stuff as the ride gets more popular

Thanks for the heads up! Goodness, I love that Skull Island sign on the rock. If it weren't so big and bold it would blend right into the other rock-work.
I thought that was one of the best photo spreads I've seen on Kong to date. Lots of real close ups showed me stuff I hadn't really noticed how effective they were before.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
That's assuming most could even decipher them unless they are just show diagrams.
Yeah, I recall one of the theme park insiders on another site said he had seen the blueprints, and his take on the attraction was world's difference from what we've been hearing on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.