Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, my big oops and I apologize. I have nothing else to correct except that, those are real gas flames just inside the building. I received a very busy and forgetful tossed-off answer the other day. So, everyone can now jump on me and sucker punch me and everything.

Those lucky, lucky construction guys. Getting to walk right through.

Yeah, those "construction guys". I wonder who they were... :look:

Bamboo is our friend!

Green and Golden are most recommended for CF.

Clumping Bamboo

I do not know a lot about trees/plants, but I've always enjoyed theme park landscaping.

On our last visit, I really enjoyed looking at all the bamboo around Cabana Bay.

For all the stuff about being around a scared kid on Kong, I dunno, even with the walls up, the facade and the Kong sculpture look pretty menacing/intimidating. I really think the whole look of the attraction gives off a vibe that this experience is going to be scary.

I didn't see this posted yet so here is a great video I found. It has real fire outside. Lots of skulls of the wrapped and unwrapped kind. Like little presents you can't wait to open. I think you'll see what I mean.;)
And the first footage I have seen of the inner sliding doors. Good stuff.
Thank you, Alicia Stella for sharing your video.

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that big white thing on the facade near the top left of the temple gates? I hope it gets covered or painted

Goodness, Alicia's everything is so well done! That video had me forget all that is around me. That giant ferny like plant just over the fence is a fishtail palm. Possibly a young version of the species, Caryota gigas. There are at least two of them, older ones, in the port of entry.

Anyone else notice that big white thing on the facade near the top left of the temple gates? I hope it gets covered or painted

While I am not sure what it is, I would assume it has something to do with wireless. I cannot imagine that painting them with a bit of dark gray latex paint would disable the broadcast and receiving.

BTW, my big oops and I apologize. I have nothing else to correct except that, those are real gas flames just inside the building. I received a very busy and forgetful tossed-off answer the other day. So, everyone can now jump on me and sucker punch me and everything.
Yeah, those "construction guys". I wonder who they were... :look:

I like the ownership Teebs

I think it's just the merch they also sell at Hollywood that could easily be rebranded to IOA or doesnt mention park specific branding at all. IOA specific merch should come later.

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the merch? I mean, it's almost as bad as HHN merch usually is.

Nothing with the Eight Wonder Expedition Co logo at all? What a missed opportunity
Bingo, especially with EWEC. Its a extereme crime that they haven't released merch on that, as its begging for it.

I think it's just the merch they also sell at Hollywood that could easily be rebranded to IOA or doesnt mention park specific branding at all. IOA specific merch should come later.

I guess we'll find out by the end of the weekend, so we'll see what USH's kong merch is by yours truly.

Reactions: Ryno27
I think the merch is decent. Attraction-specific merch is difficult to come by these days. Have any of the latest attractions at Uni or Disney had anything other than say a pin?

I think the merch is decent. Attraction-specific merch is difficult to come by these days. Have any of the latest attractions at Uni or Disney had anything other than say a pin?

Harry Potter, Despicable Me, The Simpsons and Transformers are all merchandise monsters. Although to be fair, the IPs sell themselves merchandise wise.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
Status
Not open for further replies.