Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that in the past, even with Potter, it took a while for all of the new merchandise for a new attraction to hit the stores. So I'm reserving judgement until at least late summer on the offerings. Same with the new Hello Kitty store merchandise. Merchandise is by nature, a fairly long process, from inception to store shelf.

Reactions: Splatter
Yeah, an original attraction(which just to clarify can still be an IP because an Intellectual Property is not limited to books and film) can still have amazing merchandise. Haunted Mansion for example, has gone back to having a variety of options and at one time in the 70s had some really unique items. Most of Disney's original attractions did.

The only ride merch I've ever bought was a RC model of the Animal Kingdom Dinosaur ride vehicle when I was young.

But I immediately took it apart at home and put servos in it to make it legit, it drove too smooth =)

I've always found ride merch a joke personally, I cant stand coming out of a ride and having to navigate a store and strollers, talk about a buzz kill...

Reactions: Ryno27
Perhaps they will release some 8th Wonder stuff as the ride becomes more popular..at the very least I would like a map of Skull Island to hang on my wall..

I'll be wearing my t shirt on my first visit.
LXwVDII.jpg

The majority of the queue will be indoors with a subsection being outside in the extended queue. There won't be much attempt to hide, I think people are really trying to grasp at the idea you're driving a far distance to the temple. It's more the outpost is near the outside. That's how I always read it.

And yes, everyone, we get the point about leaks and information. Most have said their peace and as USO92 points out this doesn't add to the conversation. Thanks.

Hmmm, that is a curious thought. Thank you for the clarification. Those pictures of the freshly placed greenery really does the job well. It seems they are taking more of a "hidden" approach with this than recent showbuilding projects.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Screw dat, I'm going the first chance I have :tongue:

Btw, I like to wear my Jurassic Park shirt that says "Bite Me" when I go to Uni.

Reading stuff like this makes me so jealous it's unbelievable. @IzzyB mentioned earlier about going to ride Mako on her lunch break and a small part of me died inside, ha.

It must be the Cabana Bay effect. You're on site so you'll be able to relax & enjoy your vacation leisurely. And you won't need to drive back to your hotel. All the more reason to drink to your heart's content, as long as the wife say's it's OK. :)

That and uber will make a big difference. I never really got to enjoy the unlimited beer at Discovery Cove last time because I was driving. We've been on several all inclusive holidays before where I've been drunk for 2 weeks straight, she'll be ok with it and she's looking forward to drinking around the world at EPCOT. Talking about it with her there, she insists that we ride HPFJ first before drinking though which sounds wise.

Reading stuff like this makes me so jealous it's unbelievable. @IzzyB mentioned earlier about going to ride Mako on her lunch break and a small part of me died inside, ha.

That and uber will make a big difference. I never really got to enjoy the unlimited beer at Discovery Cove last time because I was driving. We've been on several all inclusive holidays before where I've been drunk for 2 weeks straight, she'll be ok with it and she's looking forward to drinking around the world at EPCOT. Talking about it with her there, she insists that we ride HPFJ first before drinking though which sounds wise.
When riding through Kong, instead of seeing giant insect AA's & a giant Ape AA, you'll be seeing giant pink elephant AA's. :lol:

In all fairness I live 30 minutes from the park. So it will have to be a long lunch break where I probably bring my PC with me in case I need to do work. So not as easy as you think :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S and Scott W.
Question for those in the know...

Once inside the indoor queue, is it supposed that we've found the outpost or have we stumbled upon the natives cavernous home? How will they mesh the interactive native elements with the story they are telling?

Reactions: Tylereapple
Status
Not open for further replies.