Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spy an animatronic Stegosaurus. Cool to see they are doing AA's for more than just Kong!

I'll assume you are only joking?

I missed what he was originally saying in that very first message. I think you might be right and that is why only one is running right now.

The drivers haven't even shown up yet. That is the least of my concerns. Having all the vehicles on track and performing exactly like each other with the wifi communication is my concern.

Last edited:
There's an AA Stegosaurus 12 seconds in

dsez6SN.jpg

Yea, that's from Walking with Dinosaurs. I'm assuming it's just there to show what the company that is doing the AAs is capable of

The ride stops at certain points? Hmm. How could they ever meet capacity needs if the ride stops anywhere besides the load/unload?

Except for Gringotts' incline or the Mummy's turntable, when do Universal rides ever come to a complete stop?

The ride stops at certain points? Hmm. How could they ever meet capacity needs if the ride stops anywhere besides the load/unload?

Except for Gringotts' incline or the Mummy's turntable, when do Universal rides ever come to a complete stop?

Transformers stops all the times in front of screens. The timing can work out if there are multiple stops of equal lengths and the drive time between points are equal lengths.

Transformers stops all the times in front of screens. The timing can work out if there are multiple stops of equal lengths and the drive time between points are equal lengths.

You also have to take into consideration the visibility, one of the reasons Transformers and Spiderman can have so many vehicles on the loop at once is because the vehicle design only allows you to see whats in front of you.

This RV is very open, and especially with the 360 stretch, there will need to be a significant break between vehicles, especially with the 360 screen needing to reset.

Unless they have a clever way to break it up.

This is why as I mentioned previously, I do not think we will have more than 3 RVs active on the loop at once, with two or one in loading and one in service holding.

This is why as I mentioned previously, I do not think we will have more than 3 RVs active on the loop at once, with two or one in loading and one in service holding.

This is basically how I see it as well.

1 vehicle at load
1 vehicle at outside portion
1 vehicle in the interior scenes before 360
1 vehicle in 360 scene
1 vehicle passing by Kong/unloading

Maybe the vehicles are constantly moving at a slow speed in the 360 scene and only giving the illusion of being stopped, allowing for a quick exit of the current vehicle and quick entry of the next.

Also it would be cool if the end scene of the 360 film visually synced up with the beginning. So there would be no visual resetting of the video, just a timed play loop when the next vehicle enters.

I presume that with the height of these vehicles, we'll be entering them at a similar height level as Kilimanjaro Safaris at AK?

I also wonder whether one or more of these vehicles will be wheelchair accessible, with a large area perhaps left unseated?

This is basically how I see it as well.

1 vehicle at load
1 vehicle at outside portion
1 vehicle in the interior scenes before 360
1 vehicle in 360 scene
1 vehicle passing by Kong/unloading

Which I basically said there will be either two in load/unload or 1 there and 1 out moving. So we basically said the same thing only you put it in scenes. But it is 5 vehicles on the track at one time, which is what I suspected when 5 drivers were announced.

Reactions: Scott W. and Mike S
Which I basically said there will be either two in load/unload or 1 there and 1 out moving. So we basically said the same thing only you put it in scenes. But it is 5 vehicles on the track at one time, which is what I suspected when 5 drivers were announced.

I never clicked having AA drivers with the 5 vehicles when you mentioned it earlier.

I'm intrigued to see how the story is laid out in the queue. With it being the 1930s and I imagine no TVs to walk you through the story, there should be plenty to see to piece everything together.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Status
Not open for further replies.