Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 177 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will have express. Every major ride except HP stuff has opened with express. I don't think Kong will go against this trend.

One thing we haven't talked about is early one we talked about how many vehicles can be on the track at once. I would based on the number of characters that at least 5 will be out there at one time.

As for other questions asked thru this post today...

360 motion base, we have known that for a long time. 2 stops, once in the 360 screens and one other time. If you look at the video of the testing vehicle you can clearly see it moving back and forth, so there will be general movement on the bumpy path because it is a big vehicle and it is going to move. So you will feel like you are on a bumpy path because you are on a bumpy path. No motion base is needed for that.

If 5 vehicles are running at once, this is going to be a people eater. 5 vehicles x 72 people per vehicle x 6min show time = a theoretical max of 2160 people per hour.

Yes, the capacity is going to be dang impressive.

This attraction will likely open or soon have express operating and allow nearby popular attraction Forbidden Journey to finally utilize it as well.

Reactions: Ryno27
If 5 vehicles are running at once, this is going to be a people eater. 5 vehicles x 72 people per vehicle x 6min show time = a theoretical max of 2160 people per hour.

It is very possible. Think one vehicle at each stop point, one or two at load/unload and one or two moving between the stop points. I think they could easily do 5 at the same time with a 6 minute ride. Capacity will be massive. I don't see any more than 5 though, I think that will be their max run, but that is just a guess from someone who knows nothing :)

What's that I spy in the driver's seat? Is it a steering wheel with shadow or the top of the head of one of our "drivers."
Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 11.25.05 AM.png

I think you're on to something, this is the 4:56 min mark from Mako Madness' RV cycling video. if the cabin was empty theres no point of covering it up, in this screen shot you can clearly see something in that cabin. I think an AA may be a possibility.

Reactions: IOAGuy and Tyc00n96
I love all of these "trackless vehicles confirmed!" posts. How many years ago did I post this video???

Everyone here has known it was trackless for months and months. That is basically the chassis underneath these trucks! VDL is the vendor!

Yeah, we've all known this for a long time on OU, thanks to you. Yes,it's funny reading these other sites that are trying to act like they are in the forefront of information. And then reading some of these site's so called breaking news article, relying on the Sentinel story, and then writing stuff saying the Sentinel said this and that, but the Sentinel article didn't actually say this & that. It's getting to the point that OU, and to to a somewhat lesser extent OI, are the only sites that give you real Orlando Universal information.

It is very possible. Think one vehicle at each stop point, one or two at load/unload and one or two moving between the stop points. I think they could easily do 5 at the same time with a 6 minute ride. Capacity will be massive. I don't see any more than 5 though, I think that will be their max run, but that is just a guess from someone who knows nothing :)

That makes perfect sense. If I remember correctly, there is either 7 or 8 scenes so you would probably want a buffer between them so one vehicle isn't entering a scene as one is leaving and the two vehicles loading and unloading should create that extra time needed but it will bring down capacity but even then, it will still eat people.

That makes perfect sense. If I remember correctly, there is either 7 or 8 scenes so you would probably want a buffer between them so one vehicle isn't entering a scene as one is leaving and the two vehicles loading and unloading should create that extra time needed but it will bring down capacity but even then, it will still eat people.

I can see one vehicle being in load/unload at one time and two vehicles in transition. So I could see 4 out on the track at one time, I think it is very possible that can happen. Again, I am not an insider so I am just guessing based on other rides and the fact that there are 5 characters.

I can see one vehicle being in load/unload at one time and two vehicles in transition. So I could see 4 out on the track at one time, I think it is very possible that can happen. Again, I am not an insider so I am just guessing based on other rides and the fact that there are 5 characters.

I can see the 5 characters, 5 vehicles reasoning but it really depends on how it's going to be implemented. There's still a few factors here although I could be wrong, I've only skimmed the past few pages. If the characters are digital, then they can be switched about easy enough between the different vehicles. Another factor would be how many characters are up front. If the rumours are true about the guide/driver getting attacked, then we're going to need somebody else to take over driving, which would suggest at least 2 people up front.

I can see the 5 characters, 5 vehicles reasoning but it really depends on how it's going to be implemented. There's still a few factors here although I could be wrong, I've only skimmed the past few pages. If the characters are digital, then they can be switched about easy enough between the different vehicles. Another factor would be how many characters are up front. If the rumours are true about the guide/driver getting attacked, then we're going to need somebody else to take over driving, which would suggest at least 2 people up front.

I think if more than one of those characters was going to be in one vehicle that it would be an even number. I think it is one per vehicle based on what they said. Do I think there could be more than 5 on the track at a time, sure. But I think it is a good possibility it is 5, because that gives a good capacity. 6 would seem overkill in capacity.

And Kong was supposed to take over Disaster. Glad that didn't happen
Yes. This is going to turn out really good. And it fits well in that jungle setting next to Jurassic Park. If they did it in the Studios, it would either need a story setting in NYC, or a jungle setting that would look really out of place. My favorite story line of the Kong movies has always been the segments in the mysterious lost island. This, from what I see, is everything I would want in an attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.