Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 182 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm interested to see how the driver story is going to be implemented. It seems like it's going to be AA drivers which makes sense, if something was to happen to the driver, the vehicles are tall enough for the AA to drop out of view from the guests. After all, we're only going to be viewing through a small partition anyway which I imagine will be frosted or something when we get into the vehicle and then will become see through or whatever when the ride starts.

For a lot of the guests, whatever happens up front won't really matter visually because they'll be that far back. Looking at the sketches, it looks like there will be 12 rows of 6 for a total of 72. For somebody at the back, looking through a small window from 30feet away in between 11 rows of heads, I don't think they'll see much.

they may pull an alien encounter with effects to make it feel you get hit with blood...lets not forget that's what Disney did.

If they use those see through screens, you could have blood sprayed on the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ryno27
Seriously guys.

SPOILER TAGS. Some people do not want to be spoiled
I thought Briman said the other day there was no need for spoiler tags on this thread until softs start. Just about every post would be a spoiler at this point, even though this is all rehash of what we've been discussing.

Until people started talking about show scenes that ARE in the ride. There's no reason to be openly talking about stuff like the driver show scene.
Its a press release. And we've had lengthy discussions about that same speculation in the past. This is still all speculation. No one yet has printed exactly what they know is happening.

Reactions: Eckert
He's missing a scene.
Where? When? Not that I don't NOT believe you but I THOROUGHLY trust this person (note: they are VERY a critical of Universal. For example, he is livid about sight lines in USH w HP.)

They know how to read a blueprint and have been critical / essential in making some of Universal's most iconic attractions.

Mike West says himself 5 or 6 scenes. I feel like the only thing he maybe "missing " is the scene where we meet up w the new crew.

Do blueprints have dates or versions on them? I can cross check those.

Its a press release. And we've had lengthy discussions about that same speculation in the past. This is still all speculation. No one yet has printed exactly what they know is happening.

The driver's end point is not in the press release. It's a plot point that is being openly discussed.

Where? When? Not that I don't NOT believe you but I THOROUGHLY trust this person (note: they are VERY a critical of Universal. For example, he is livid about sight lines in USH w HP.)

They know how to read a blueprint and have been critical / essential in making some of Universal's most iconic attractions.

Mike West says himself 5 or 6 scenes. I feel like the only thing he maybe "missing " is the scene where we meet up w the new crew.

Do blueprints have dates or versions on them? I can cross check those.

There are 2 scenes in the building before the 360 scene.

You guys aren't speculating, you are taking info gathered from the blue print leaks, that are basically confirmed by various sources.

I edited my last post. Just in case.

I agree that you should be using spoiler tags regarding the story as well. There are a lot of "lurkers" and more casual board members that have no clue what's going on with this ride, and may just be looking for construction updates or opening information to plan their vacation.

I spoiler tagged out of respect. It's WAY easy to do.

I also spoiler tagged it because I take what my friend says as the complete truth. There's an absolute chance his blueprints are outdated and things have changed but once again - this is someone I trust who would know.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I spoiler tagged out of respect. It's WAY easy to do.

I also spoiler tagged it because I take what my friend says as the complete truth. There's an absolute chance his blueprints are outdated and things have changed but once again - this is someone I trust who would know.

I guess the question is, what qualifies as a "scene". It could all be taking place in the same room, but could be a different plot event.

I haven't seen these blue prints, so I have no idea. I'm just "speculating"

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
I guess the question is, what qualifies as a "scene". It could all be taking place in the same room, but could be a different plot event.

I haven't seen these blue prints, so I have no idea. I'm just "speculating"
I'm wondering as well how generously the word scene is being thrown around.
Not that anything's hiding, just that there's a continuation of scenes. Even Mike West, Universal Creative says there's more than three scenes. And Niles basically said the 360screen begins as soon as you get through the entrance, which makes no sense given the nature of the long winding pathway. The 360scene is a straight shot. Take a look at Teebins' mapping earlier in this thread and you'll see what I'm saying. The other insiders who are aware of what's there, are saying things quite contrary to Niles, plus Niles changed his story in mid stream if you look back at the archives of his own site for that day's discussions. Basically, we had this same discussion on this thread a couple of weeks ago. It's probably best to go back & reread that area of the discussion. Bottom line,I have way more faith in the OU insiders than TPI. TPI very rarely has any inside info ahead of official releases anymore. They basically discuss official news releases over there. Their forums are almost extinct.
Mike West said 5 or 6. My friend jokes "and 3 are in the building."
I think Niles (who I know jack about) was lynchmobbed and anything he said to defend himself would be viewed as "changing his story."

I read all of that again before posting what I did.

Trust who you want to trust. I don't trust Niles. But I trust the former UO Executive I know and someone who works for a HIGHLY respected designer and they both repeat Robert's sentiments.

I think Niles (who I know jack about) was lynchmobbed and anything he said to defend himself would be viewed as "changing his story."

I read all of that again before posting what I did.

Trust who you want to trust. I don't trust Niles. But I trust the former UO Executive I know and someone who works for a HIGHLY respected designer and they both repeat Robert's sentiments.

I mean, that's fine. You can believe anyone you want.

I know what I'm looking at though.

Reactions: IzzyB
Not that I don't believe you but this sounds like you're just wanting somebody to send you those leaked blueprints.
Not at all. Blueprints do jack for me and I would be more confused than anything if I attempted to read them.

I'm moreso trying to just get down to the truth.
I mean, that's fine. You can believe anyone you want.

I know what I'm looking at though.
I have zero problems in being wrong and I trust you as well. Hence why I'm kinda so confused / intrigued.

I thought Briman said the other day there was no need for spoiler tags on this thread until softs start. Just about every post would be a spoiler at this point, even though this is all rehash of what we've been discussing.

Do not post about specific show scenes and elements. Brian said there will not be a dedicated spoiler thread till the ride opens, doesn't mean you guys can go hog wild.

Use the spoiler tag. This is a warning.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think that Once you get inside there's a minimum of 5 scenes, maybe more depending on what you consider a scene.

Yea. I mean it's hard to tell without knowing exactly what's happening inside. But with a near six-minute runtime I can't see these not being "real" scenes.

Now, if you only consider different "rooms" being different scenes, yea, I could see someone thinking there are only 3 scenes inside.