Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 188 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, IMO, Kong is going to be most similar to something like the original Kongfrontation, Jaws, and Earthquake, just on a modern scale.

No, Indiana Jones is the same as Dinosaur. It's closest Universal counterpart would be Spider-Man/Transformers.

Kong (shouldn't) jostle use around as much, but that's just me guessing.
Yeah I realized that one I looked at s picture and changed it to dinosaur.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Dinosaur at AK uses the same ride system and similar track layout as IJ at Disney. Of course the scenes and effects are drastically different. That might give you a better idea if you have been on that in the past. Doesn't seem like there's any ride similarities between Kong and IJ except for a somewhat similar theme & setting, ie. ruins in a lost jungle environment.

Reactions: Ryno27
So, those of you with any knowledge help me out.

I have not been to California, but is this ride in anyway similar to the Indiana Jones ride?

I am asking based on the YouTube video footage of the ride.

I know Skull Island isn't up yet, but based on the knowledge that is led to be true, what ride is this going to be similar too? (In America).

The original Kong 360 is on the studio tram tour at Universal Studios Hollywood, which takes place in four-car train of wide trams, picture linked below:

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/park...o-tram-at-universal-studios-hollywood-big.jpg

In that at one point, you enter a large building with two screens on either side while all four cars park on a long motion base comprised of airbag pressure tech. This combined with the 3D footage makes for a suprisingly versatile simulated experience. It's actually downright unsettling considering the vehicle you're in and how the tech works that it works so well. Especially in the percieved movements at some points. (it's not just jostling back and forth)

While it won't be completely a copy much like Earthquake/Disaster was, it's kind of a combination of Kongfrontation (like Skip said) and the tram tour itself. The vehicles for Reign of Kong look to be approximately the size of two cars in the USH tram tour lineup.

If you haven't ridden the tram tour, I'd say it'll be a little like Kilomanjaro Safaris meets Great Movie Ride meets Spiderman meets Dinosaur. This is going to be a pretty unique experience.

Would it be a smart idea to get a measurement of the length of the ride building and ride cars, and then use that to see just how much could be in the building? It maybe could also give us an idea of how the cars are going to flow through.

Or is that just a stupid idea?

It's not supposed to be much different than any adventure/travel show on Discovery. I think they are pulling it off very well. Love her little jokes, I feel like Universal chose a really great lead actor for a great piece of advertisement for once.
I understand. I love the little series, it just shows how great Universal is with marketing and hype building. I just was surprised when it looked like a Tim Tracker vlog after them finding a ripped off door. Like why is she singing a song about beards after getting on a legendary island that houses a giant ape? Just kinda weird.

Would it be a smart idea to get a measurement of the length of the ride building and ride cars, and then use that to see just how much could be in the building? It maybe could also give us an idea of how the cars are going to flow through.

Or is that just a stupid idea?
If you look back a couple of weeks on this thread there's a map by Teebs of the ride's passage outside & through the building. That's amazingly accurate.The Kong thread that preceeded this one had some comments that talked about the size of the plot & building. You might have to look through a ton of pages to find that info though. Hate To Fly originally gave out the info on this attraction a number of years ago, way before anybody else had any idea. Most of that info has been proved correct to this point. Once again, you'll have to read through a lot of pages of the first Kong thread to find that stuff.

Last edited:
If you look back a couple of weeks on this thread there's a map by Teebs of the ride's passage outside & through the building. The Kong thread that preceeded this one had some comments that talked about the size of the plot & building. That's amazingly accurate. You might have to look through a ton of pages to find that info though. Hate To Fly originally gave out the info on this attraction a number of years ago, way before anybody else had any idea. Most of that info has been proved correct to this point. Once again, you'll have to read through a lot of pages of the first Kong thread to find that stuff.
Ok thank you. I'll see what I can find and what I can maybe figure out.

They actually have the same exact layout, but that's a different story

Indiana Jones actually has one track feature different than Dinosaur on the second floor, its the skeleton chamber.

its always puzzled me why they needed to put in such a small change for the cost and engineering time it required?

One potential issue that could occur with the unique '5 drivers' aspect of this ride, is that people could cause queue slowdowns if they ask to be held back for a certain driver they've not experienced yet. I'd be interested to know what the training protocol will be, but I'd imagine it'll be zero request policy in order to keep things running smoothly.

One potential issue that could occur with the unique '5 drivers' aspect of this ride, is that people could cause queue slowdowns if they ask to be held back for a certain driver they've not experienced yet. I'd be interested to know what the training protocol will be, but I'd imagine it'll be zero request policy in order to keep things running smoothly.
I don't think they'd actually fulfill that request. But I saw somebody did a calculation a few pages back. 72 people on each bus. Times 5. 360. 360 times 6 minutes (speculated ride time) 2160 people. So this attraction will take 4320 people an hour (approximately). I don't know if it would make much of a dent in the flow. I could be wrong though.

I don't think they'd actually fulfill that request. But I saw somebody did a calculation a few pages back. 72 people on each bus. Times 5. 360. 360 times 6 minutes (speculated ride time) 2160 people. So this attraction will take 4320 people an hour (approximately). I don't know if it would make much of a dent in the flow. I could be wrong though.

More like 8-10 minutes. You have to factor in load and unload times. I don't believe those are considered part of the ride... (even though they each have a scene number of their own)