Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 187 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have been on it countless times. It doesn't look awful....but it does utilize older 3-d tech (including the Shrek/Terminator glasses). The tunnel effect really feels like a tunnel since the imagery doesn't pop that much in many parts. It's still fun and gets people going, but it's old tech. They would be silly not to touch it up a bit.

What tunnel effect?

My guess work lights, as we've seen in literally every PR video they already have the regular night lighting set up. I really REALLY hope they keep the parks open later because it's so lame they aren't. I doubt IOA will stay open that late until a nighttime show happens

I've read a few posts from other sites concerning the Kong 360 scene in Hollywood. They said the views from the tram were good. And some said the middle seats had the best view.

True. If you are on the outer seats, you can see the top of the screens. In the center, you can't and it's more effective when Kong jumps over the tram. Also, further back is a better view as well. I'm not sure how the front row will see very well with these truck cabs in the front in the vehicle. On the USH trams, you can see through the windshield if you are in the front row.

My guess work lights, as we've seen in literally every PR video they already have the regular night lighting set up. I really REALLY hope they keep the parks open later because it's so lame they aren't. I doubt IOA will stay open that late until a nighttime show happens

Those certainly look like work lights to me. I would imagine they are using LED fixtures, although the could be using dichroic filters.

Reactions: Ryno27
OMG MIKE!

giphy.gif

SPOILER TAG!

She is like something out of the 5th Element or Hunger Games.

Reactions: Cole and Mike S
I'm really looking forward to seeing a vehicle drive around the outside loop at night with the headlights on.

Should look badass!

Hopefully our 'drivers' are not assholes and keep their high beams on shining right into the faces of those in the extended queue...

So, those of you with any knowledge help me out.

I have not been to California, but is this ride in anyway similar to the Indiana Jones ride?

I am asking based on the YouTube video footage of the ride.

I know Skull Island isn't up yet, but based on the knowledge that is led to be true, what ride is this going to be similar too? (In America).

I have not been to California, but is this ride in anyway similar to the Indiana Jones ride?

I know Skull Island isn't up yet, but based on the knowledge that is led to be true, what ride is this going to be similar too? (In America).
I haven't rode Indiana but isn't that kind of like Dinosaur? If so, this is nothing like it. This is a slow moving truck going through multiple show scenes. So kind of like the safari but inside and with fake animals.

Honestly, IMO, Kong is going to be most similar to something like the original Kongfrontation, Jaws, and Earthquake, just on a modern scale.

I haven't rode Indiana but isn't that kind of like The Mummy? If so, this is nothing like it. This is a slow moving truck going through multiple show scenes. So kind of like the safari but inside and with fake animals.

No, Indiana Jones is the same as Dinosaur. It's closest Universal counterpart would be Spider-Man/Transformers.

Kong (shouldn't) jostle use around as much, but that's just me guessing.

Reactions: Mike S