Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am not pleased with the whitewashing of the letters. I might have agreed to 5% brighter but geez! Did the art director once work for "slap you in the face" DISNEY? (that was rhetorical)

I can see this as a base. Have you ever seen them paint the castle over "there"? That is five layers of glaze so it could be what is happening here?

I don't find this to be nitpicking at all, nope, not one bit.

:blank:

I can see this as a base. Have you ever seen them paint the castle over "there"? That is five layers of glaze so it could be what is happening here?

Oh I know about glazing techniques... that had already been done... remember that this all started as a blue gray base. I feel positive this is an ill consideration and afterthought.

Last edited:
Reactions: USO92 and Ryno27
But you drop gels when you aim and focus lights. So if they're on and pointed they should be colored.
Unless they haven't decided what colors yet. Or are debating the subject. I went down to guest path and noticed a lot of this lighting was from be new focused lighting on light poles across from the attraction. Also the exit patio area is super brightly lit with the new lanterns. I sure hope they don't keep them that bright.

Reactions: Ryno27
Unless they haven't decided what colors yet. Or are debating the subject. I went down to guest path and noticed a lot of this lighting was from be new focused lighting on light poles across from the attraction. Also the exit patio area is super brightly lit with the new lanterns. I sure hope they don't keep them that bright.

Setting dimmers should be the last step. Hang it. Gel it. Aim it. Focus it. Shape it. Set intensity/fade/dim.

While I will concur that those are interior work lights, I am not sure what they are up to on the exterior. Now, that rope hanging off the top causes me to wonder but it is about time they test the exterior lighting. What is silly, is that they are NEVER open at night except winter solstice... so who cares.

Last edited:
While I will concur that the interior are work lights, I am not sure what they are up to on the exterior. Now, that rope hanging off the top causes me to wonder but it is about time they test the exterior lighting. What is silly, is that they are NEVER open at night except winter solstice... so who cares.

That might need to change when Kong opens... I've heard the park is notably over projections recently.

Also: events are IOA's bread and butter. It has them frequently and the new Kong ride will likely be high up there on the list for companies to buy out. Those all happen at night.

That might need to change when Kong opens... I've heard the park is notably over projections recently.

I've been hearing "They're going to start staying open later" for so long. I'll believe it when I see it.

While I will concur that the interior are work lights, I am not sure what they are up to on the exterior. Now, that rope hanging off the top causes me to wonder but it is about time they test the exterior lighting. What is silly, is that they are NEVER open at night except winter solstice... so who cares.

They're open at night during the summer.

Reactions: rioriz
Love the skeleton just peeking out in this pic.
OMG MIKE!

giphy.gif

SPOILER TAG!

Even then, have you seen it in person? I haven't but I've never heard anyone say it doesn't look good on the ride

I agree. I have ridden it many times in Hollywood and it does look good on the ride. I mean, you have 3d glasses on, you're being jostled, pushed, thrown down a ravine, attacked and slobbered on by dino's and spit on by giant insects. It's wild and a whole lot of fun and the last thing on your mind is the quality of the animation.

Fast & Furious looks much better in person also. You feel like you're moving , being thrown around, and racing in the streets, dodging crashes, explosions, missiles and gunfire and you aren't even going anywhere. The dialogue is a bit lame, but then so are the F&F movies.