Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I sure hope it isn't delayed too much. It seems like they finished up most of the ride early to have a lot of testing time until peak crowds come. I just don't want people still crowding universal when I get my $20 September flight. :lol:

I figured by your earlier post of 1 vehicle something was wrong with those vehicles which is why they hadn't gotten past the one vehicle test. I didn't think it was the scenes, because that wouldn't slow them down as much. Scene timing would be more noticeable with more than one, so they would probably want to run more than one to figure everything out with resetting and stuff. I originally thought it was driver issue based on the chain, but you corrected that. And in reality that makes sense it wouldn't be that either. As they could still drive the vehicles the effect just wouldn't work and they could rotate thru the vehicles fixing one at a time while running the others. Now the question is will this delay it so softs no longer occur in May at all or will it just delay it to late May.

Now that was verbose. It is the tracking system that is a fail. Don't ask me for more than that.

Reactions: Ryno27 and JoeCamel
This is very interesting. I'm curious if it is tolerance issues with the positional tracking, the system losing the position of a vehicle entirely at points or issues with coverage or interference outside. Since it was mentioned that this is giving them pause with F&F and that seems to be all indoors this points to the whole tracking system having some kind of issue.

Reactions: Ryno27
I'm sure they'll figure it out soon. Doesn't sound like a problem as giant as the ones gringotts was having before opening yet it still turned out ok. Just sounds like growing pains to me
I keep hearing about this... can someone explain to me what massive issues Gringotts faced before opening? I've never heard of that, as I didn't really start getting that deeply into theme park news until a year or so ago.

Reactions: Cole
I'm sure they'll figure it out soon. Doesn't sound like a problem as giant as the ones gringotts was having before opening yet it still turned out ok. Just sounds like growing pains to me
Yeah, lots of time yet. I wouldn't think its as complicated or touchy as the very high tech Gringotts system.

Reactions: Cole
I keep hearing about this... can someone explain to me what massive issues Gringotts faced before opening? I've never heard of that, as I didn't really start getting that deeply into theme park news until a year or so ago.
Pretty much anything bad that couldve happened, happened. Bugs everywhere, slope failure, kuka failure, not even one third of the vehicles running, delay after delay, you name it, it happened. It was a huge frustrating mess that went into an infamous 6 hour line on opening day where people were kicked out of line through its breakdowns and some stayed until 2 in the morning to ride. It was theme park hell but now it's fully functioning and rarely goes past a 30 minute wait. These things happen lol

RV wi-fi issues must be the only problem at this point considering that marketing is starting to ramp up. Although Uni does have Hulk at its disposal to distract crowds for a short time pending delay, they probably don't want to wait until early July much like Diagon.

I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully they'll be able to get back on track and make up for lost time so that this is doing softs by Memorial Day.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
RV wi-fi issues must be the only problem at this point considering that marketing is starting to ramp up. Although Uni does have Hulk at its disposal to distract crowds for a short time pending delay, they probably don't want to wait until early July much like Diagon.

I guess we just have to wait and see. Hopefully they'll be able to get back on track and make up for lost time so that this is doing softs by Memorial Day.

It's hard to get back on track when there is no track....hehe

In my opinion, I was surprised they went with the wireless tracking system at all, it has way too many faults.

A very similar option they could of used would of been the much more reliable puck tracking system Disney uses on KS and all the parade floats.

These can be altered to autonomous control.

This still would of provided the "trackless marketing hook" UC wants with embedded tracking pucks in the road and sensors under the RVs.

It really surprised me when I saw this wasn't the choice of wireless control?

Reactions: Ryno27 and Scott W.
I was wondering about possible clues as to when the walls would come down and I was thinking a change of music from Jurassic Park to Peter Jackson's Kong might be a good clue. Can't wait to hear that theme over there... assuming they would do that, JP theme is way too iconic to keep it by Kong.

Not to be nitpicky, but to clarify, there are three positioning systems as I understand it. Problem is, I can't remember what the third one is. I am such a goof.

Good news, we have a back up plan!
Just need a few buckets of paint.

That is fun. Question is, will it be 72 people safe? :stun:

Last edited: