Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 193 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Pretty much anything bad that couldve happened, happened. Bugs everywhere, slope failure, kuka failure, not even one third of the vehicles running, delay after delay, you name it, it happened. It was a huge frustrating mess that went into an infamous 6 hour line on opening day where people were kicked out of line through its breakdowns and some stayed until 2 in the morning to ride. It was theme park hell but now it's fully functioning and rarely goes past a 30 minute wait. These things happen lol
Yeah, that opening was a mess. I'd guess they'd want to soft open as soon as possible and work out the bugs to avoid all of those types of problems and the bad publicity that resulted from it. Soft open by Memorial day if possible as Schmosby said. Anything earlier would be a big plus.

Reactions: Cole and Ryno27
Not to be nitpicky, but to clarify, there are three positioning systems as I understand it. Problem is, I can't remember what the third one is. I am such a goof.

That is fun. Question is, will it be 72 people safe? :stun:
It doesn't matter. Just more sacrificial victims for Kong. That's the way to keep him happy. :lol:

I know nothing about how this works or how any rides work for the matter, so sorry if this wouldn't work at all... but if the outdoor LPS system is what's causing the issues, couldn't they theoretically use the indoor bad weather entrance to the ride at first and have it open on time, while working out the bugs outside? Then once they clear up that issue, they can start using the outdoor track.

Reactions: Ryno27
I know nothing about how this works or how any rides work for the matter, so sorry if this wouldn't work at all... but if the outdoor LPS system is what's causing the issues, couldn't they theoretically use the indoor bad weather entrance to the ride at first and have it open on time, while working out the bugs outside? Then once they clear up that issue, they can start using the outdoor track.

Outdoors isn't an issue at this point. Outdoors is fine unless you see the vehicle stop in it's tracks. That is the problem indoors. So, at the very least, it seems safe! :saywhat:

That is the problem indoors.
Potentially the steel of the building playing with the signal?

The Wifi in my office has random deadspots that are a couple of metres from the repeater, but close to a steel strucuture

It would be pretty disappointing if there's no softs by the time I go. I'm going May 21, I would just go later but I already bought tickets to an OI meetup.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I keep hearing about this... can someone explain to me what massive issues Gringotts faced before opening? I've never heard of that, as I didn't really start getting that deeply into theme park news until a year or so ago.

Just to add to your knowledge library, Gringotts is considered to be the most complex ride ever created... it was doomed to have issues.

I love the Disney dish but I'm staying away for atleast a little bit. Would hate to be spoiled so close from opening. I can't wait for the walls to come down, that little area in that picture looks so nice and I just want to get closer to everything. This is the beginning of the end everybody!!!

Yeah i'd say those walls are looking to come down soon, but it wouldn't surprise me if they keep them up to keep us creepers out haha

The area looks pretty damn complete though

View attachment 1662

This leads me to believe what I said before, to that I have to think that the area will open by the end of the month. Not the ride, just the area as that looks damn near done.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S