Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 194 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That isn't it... they run dozens of them at once on the Netherlands docks. This is why I am really perplexed at these issues.
The way they are used on the docks are through remote manual control though, not?
Anyway, since you mentioned there are three guidance systems, is it just that these systems aren't playing along nicely with one another?

Outdoors isn't an issue at this point. Outdoors is fine unless you see the vehicle stop in it's tracks. That is the problem indoors. So, at the very least, it seems safe! :saywhat:
Heh, that's what happens on WDW Pirates of the Caribbean quite often. That's a plus. I get to enjoy the scenes at a longer more leisurely pace. :lol: Just kidding, of course.

Reactions: Ryno27
Just to add to your knowledge library, Gringotts is considered to be the most complex ride ever created... it was doomed to have issues.

That's a tall claim. I think i'm in the minority of people that are just completely unimpressed with Gringotts.......however I've never ridden it haha

Last edited:
That's a tall claim. I think i'm in the minority of people that are just completely unimpressed with Gringotts.......however I've never ridden it haha

If you've never ridden how can you even assume you're unimpressed? THAT is a tall claim.

On the other hand, I've ridden it a few times. The tech, design, and execution of the ride is wonderful. The ride itself (in terms of 'oh my' moments) isn't the greatest. I found myself gawking at the scenery more than the actual ride.

If you've never ridden how can you even assume you're unimpressed? THAT is a tall claim.

On the other hand, I've ridden it a few times. The tech, design, and execution of the ride is wonderful. The ride itself (in terms of 'oh my' moments) isn't the greatest. I found myself gawking at the scenery more than the actual ride.

That's kinda my point. Gringotts was the perfect set up for a race though caverns and amazing set work, classic winding roller coaster with some fun effects.

And UC just slowed us down and cheated us out with more screen scenes.

That's kinda my point. Gringotts was the perfect set up for a race though caverns and amazing set work, classic winding roller coaster with some fun effects.

The ride grew on me. The first couple of rides I thought it fell short of my expectations. By ride 5 I really liked it. By ride 12 I loved it. I remember reading a Tony Baxter, Disney HOF Imagineering, comment on rides. He basically said the great rides are the ones that have good re ride ability and that rides should be designed with that in mind. Depending on where you sit, there's a large difference in the Gringott's ride experience. And it really takes a lot of rides to see & experience everything that's going on. To me, it's just a notch below FJ & SpiderMan, but really close. Plus it has one of the most excellent queues in existence. And for me, the queue is half the attraction's worth.

This is just my opinion but your statement declaring that UC "slowed down" is false. Gringotts is everything you said it should be in your first sentence. It is a race through caverns, amazing set work, with a hint of classic winding roller coaster elements and fun effects. Just bc I agreed that it wasn't AMAZING (like FJ or SM) doesn't mean it was a low blow from UC.

They did not slow us down and they did not cheat. They had a story to tell and the only possible way of doing so was with screens. Ride the ride and see the way they mesh the screens with reality. At times I fully believed that it was all a part of reality.

Making statements such as yours, regardless if they remain your feelings, are ignorant simply due to your testament that you never rode. What Universal is doing now is keeping up with technology while keeping a foot in reality. Kong will be no different.

Is the metal mesh that was used in the construction of the rock work creating a faraday cage?

I don't know.

Anyway, since you mentioned there are three guidance systems, is it just that these systems aren't playing along nicely with one another?

I am shutting up for now. I got a bit more carried away last night than I would prefer. ;)

WW II. Loose lips sink ships...:lol:

E9olaqC.jpg

This is just my opinion but your statement declaring that UC "slowed down" is false. Gringotts is everything you said it should be in your first sentence. It is a race through caverns, amazing set work, with a hint of classic winding roller coaster elements and fun effects. Just bc I agreed that it wasn't AMAZING (like FJ or SM) doesn't mean it was a low blow from UC.

They did not slow us down and they did not cheat. They had a story to tell and the only possible way of doing so was with screens. Ride the ride and see the way they mesh the screens with reality. At times I fully believed that it was all a part of reality.

Making statements such as yours, regardless if they remain your feelings, are ignorant simply due to your testament that you never rode. What Universal is doing now is keeping up with technology while keeping a foot in reality. Kong will be no different.

I think people saw the footage from the movie and thought there would be more moments of pure coaster through caverns than the story beats they got. Something closer to Mummy than Spider-man.

I think people saw the footage from the movie and thought there would be more moments of pure coaster through caverns than the story beats they got. Something closer to Mummy than Spider-man.

That makes sense. I seem to remember conversations of that nature taking place during construction and up to opening. I also remember many who were in the know trying to put down such rumors. Unfortunately, some simply did not believe. I feel that Uni is trying to please both sides as we will ultimately see with Kong.

No doubt.That's probably why there was some disappointment from certain demographic groups in the general public. Though, readers of this forum should have been prepared for less coaster type thrill. Hate to Fly kept repeating that it was a family oriented ride, to attract the family demographic, not a thrilling coaster ride. So myself, although it took a few rides to get the feel, it was close to what I expected.

So OI is reporting that Universal has put a blackout on Universal Partner Complimentary Passes and VIP Tours for June 23rd, but that the blackout is not in effect for the 22nd or 24th. They seem to believe this could be an early indicator of Skull Islands grand opening... However, with these RV problems is it possible they could be shooting for Hulks grand opening then?

I hate for it to be the case of Universal Executives trying get the ride open to the public, forcing UC to go into super overtime and stressed induced panic attacks trying to figure all the problems out over soft opens for it to be ready in time.

So OI is reporting that Universal has put a blackout on Universal Partner Complimentary Passes and VIP Tours for June 23rd, but that the blackout is not in effect for the 22nd or 24th. They seem to believe this could be an early indicator of Skull Islands grand opening... However, with these RV problems is it possible they could be shooting for Hulks grand opening then?

I hate for it to be the case of Universal Executives trying get the ride open to the public, forcing UC to go into super overtime and stressed induced panic attacks trying to figure all the problems out over soft opens for it to be ready in time.

It's March dude.

It's March dude.

I know. But it makes some sort of sense if you think about it. It falls in line with the grand opening of most previous attractions recently, and if they are planning a large grand opening event, that is something that takes time to prepare... I mean, June 23 is only about 3 months away. Blacking out a date to insure crowd control is a logical thing for them to do as a first step.

I'm not saying I believe it, just relaying what has been reported elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog