Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 199 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think he means that if they up the standard in Kong they should do it on River Adventure, but not at the same time.

There are obviously many different design considerations for the different environments the AA would be in.

That being said, the TRex dino in the river adventure has failed to impress for a while now.....
Exactly. And sadly the Trex is supposed to be the best of them. They could all use a realism upgrade.

Exactly. And sadly the Trex is supposed to be the best of them. They could all use a realism upgrade.

The T-Rex is one of the biggest AA let downs to me, it's almost laughable. The anti climatic finish to that ride is saved by the drop.

Second only to the Everest Yeti......or lack there of.

I realize Im a few pages late...but I'd say the reason SDMT "disappointed" a lot of people was due to it's length and layout. The coaster portion is way too short, as is the sole dark scene. It fails on both levels, as a fun coaster and as a dark ride. So it ends up being just another ride that failed to live up to past Disney attractions. It also took them a very, very long time to build. Which didn't help matters.
Yeah, what's there is nice and entertaining, but the dark sections and coaster suffer from being way too short. If this ride would have been 4 minutes long instead of 2 minutes and had another one or two dark scenes, it would have been a very good attraction. The bones are good, there's just not enough of them.

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
The T-Rex is one of the biggest AA let downs to me, it's almost laughable. The anti climatic finish to that ride is saved by the drop.

Second only to the Everest Yeti......or lack there of.

Y'all don't like Tiffany?? IMO when cleaned up and running perfectly its one of the best looking large scale AA's around. Am I getting old??

Guy boys eh? Hmmmm....hot girl? That would make the dude bros wild lol.
Also I listened to the Disney dish podcast because I couldn't wait for it, for those curious it only revealed a room in the queue that sounds friggin awesome. Not as spoilery as I thought it would be

Reactions: Mike S and Ryan O
Ha that sounds right. The top of the temple always looked like a place where a girl could be tied up like in the movies as a sacrifice. As he hinted at it was always right in front of us.

Ha that sounds right. The top of the temple always looked like a place where a girl could be tied up like in the movies as a sacrifice. As he hinted at it was always right in front of us.

I think someone else pointed out at one point that the protrusions on the top on the temple were used as like drums to alert Kong to their sacrifice.

Last edited:
Guy boys eh? Hmmmm....hot girl? That would make the dude bros wild lol.
Also I listened to the Disney dish podcast because I couldn't wait for it, for those curious it only revealed a room in the queue that sounds friggin awesome. Not as spoilery as I thought it would be
That podcast was a waste of 30 minutes in my life. How somebody can talk for 30 minutes and say so little of substance, well he takes the cake.:bored:

I think someone else pointed out at one point that the protrusions on the top on the temple were used as like drums to alter Kong to their sacrifice.
Yea i think they are right, there is definitely something gonna be happening on the top of temple that we dont know about ,because if you look at the all the concept art of temple it never shows the top. Now it has me thinking what it could be.