Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 201 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't go on Screamscape often, but when I do, my Avast Antivirus Security always pops up and a blue screen pops up. In short, Lance is trying to kill my laptop. It's not fun restarting your computer when you're trying to get inaccurate theme park info!
You know, I thought it was just me. I got virus attack warnings a few times in the past, & the last time I went there I had to have someone come in & clean my computer up. The attack hid all of my programs & icons. That's a dirty site. I'm glad you said something. Another reason I quit going over there. In addition to the bad info.

Reactions: Ryno27
Hey Teebs, any idea what the 2ish foot tall white pipes sticking out of the roof on top of the indoor/outdoor section of the queue are for?

Dangerous?
Dangerous to computers. I should have finished the sentence....You know, before I was basically joking around about his site. I really couldn't care less about his bogus information....But right now, I'm very mad about his site. Whether his site is unintentionally or intentionally dirty, I don't know. But since he has a computer background I would question why it's not a clean site. I had to pay someone to fix this thing after the attack, and I'm not a happy camper , especially now knowing other people have had virus attacks from his site.

Last edited:
To address one of my previous complaints, about the lack of wall to the left of the gate.

The facade does look a lot better after all the foliage has been put in on the left side and blend in tight against the wall.

I take back my premature criticism.

I promised to tell you so now I will tell you. The first problem was somewhat like this well-known picture:

pres_limo_bottoms_zps5wn96ncv.jpg

Apparently, the ramp up into the temple was too short and steep and the RV got stuck on it's underside. I would assume this was on it's first run a few months back. The ramp had to be completely rebuilt with a less steep slope. So, just thought some of you would find it humorous. :)

I promised to tell you so now I will tell you. The first problem was somewhat like this well-known picture:

Apparently, the ramp up into the temple was too short and steep and the RV got stuck on it's underside. I would assume this was on it's first run a few months back. The ramp had to be completely rebuilt with a less steep slope. So, just thought some of you would find it humorous. :)
I love when professionals make stupid mistakes like that. Makes me feel so much better when I do it.

So they were going for the reveal of the skeleton by having us look up at the gates then the back of the RV tips up and you see it? Makes sense, they just forgot to measure twice?

Reactions: Mad Dog and Ryno27
I'd expect with pull throughs like that with all the computer aided design, it would just be a formality.

Speaking from experience. It's not quite as easy as a CAD formality. For clearance at least, because the ability to perfectly match a construction site facade is quite difficult, even to accommodate for things as simple as a contractor who's a little heavy with the modeling concrete gun. It's usually a method of over design. With this type of platform, its much easier and cost effective to cut back a fake rock, then extend it because its not close enough.

Items like the curvature of a hill grade too tight within a wheel base of a vehicle is usually a silly oversight by the design team, whether it was just overlooked during initial design, or not taken into account when changes to the vehicle were made months into the program. Us engineer always forget at least one thing......:bonk:

With this road in particular too, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a really loose tolerance for terraforming and just met with a much steeper grade than expected, initially thought to be a cost saver......rarely is.