Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're talking about this one from Orlando Parks News. ALL CREDIT FOR PHOTO TO ORLANDO PARKS NEWS.

Screenshot%202015-06-29%20at%208.36.58%20AM_zpsli2csnlw.png

Reactions: violarum
I think they're talking about this one from Orlando Parks News. ALL CREDIT FOR PHOTO TO ORLANDO PARKS NEWS.

Mercy! Thanks... kinda sorta. I cannot reconcile that at all. Is that a mural panel that has been hoisted up there? I would hope that they reduce the chroma and contrast drastically if that has anything to do with what they are planning.

On the other hand, perhaps the very bottom will have the plants and closer items and then stop and cut to pale dusty blue mountains in the middle and then even more pale at the top. I dunno. :confused:

Aaaah, thanks. To my way of thinking, they haven't even started painting it yet! They aren't going to leave those panel seams!

They placed the panels at a 45° angles so that the human eye won't be able to find vertical/horizontal seam repetition easily once the joints are filled and painted.
Even so, I think it needs more than paint. I really hope some three-dimensional element gets added to that part of the facade.

Looks fine to me so far. I wonder how much of it we'll actually see when the area is complete. Most people won't be walking around with a zoom lens or binoculars. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, when you look at it from afar it actually looks pretty good (just look at the pictures from Orlando Parks News). Also, considering that people seldom actually look up that far and there's still the possibility of them adding fog effects, I'd say it'll be fine. At least it's better than what they've got covering the Forbidden Journey ride building :bonk:

I love it. It's kind of like a matte painting they used to use in movies.
Remember, all we see now is backdrops; the building, everything. Some parts will stick out but most of it is the first layer where props (sticks with skulls), planting and other stuff will fill in the details.
This 'matte painting' is so far away and so high up you'll hardly notice it.

It just again and again baffels me how people complain about something that isn't finished from a company that only did amazing work in the Orlando parks.

Reactions: Shucker
Can we please stop shaming people for criticizing aspects of certain projects that they're really excited about? If we do not have criticism, what else are we supposed to discuss? :tongue: I think a mural is definitely lazy, given the extensive scenic work that was put into Diagon. Even the small forced perspective facades seen while on the Gringotts staircase have some dimensional aspect to them. A 6" layer of relief-based rockwork would catch midday and lighting shadows. If this mural gets lit up at night, the whole thing will catch the beam of light at once and make it look very flat.

Anyways, does anyone have clear shots of the opening from which the ride vehicles will exit? Also, will the station be a simulated-outdoor setting like E.T.? Stations are probably in my top 3 favorite aspects of rides.

Oh my god, can y'all imagine what the lighting from the fire effect is going to look like cast on the foliage and vehicle as it approaches the temple? The way the buildings in Diagon catch the fireball's lighting makes me giddy. Fire is just one of those things that is so hard to recreate virtually, so when you do see it, the effect leaves you bereft.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive and Cole
Those are the best preshows ever, kong needs atmosphere not a narrative to get skull islands story across, that's how the movie did it and that's how the ride should do it

Status
Not open for further replies.