Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find that little section of painting yesterday. Either it's below the level of the rockwork as visible from the ground (requiring "aerial" photography) or it was temporary.

You can see the shape of Kong's head starting to emerge.

Some interior rockwork and what looks like the start of a ride path.

A microwave? Or bamboo and rope on the wacky log.

A rather large pit seems to be forming under the entryway.

And finally a whole mess of pipe.

Great pics awhen!

I was staring at the picture below wondering why on earth there was a temporary railing mounted to the floor... then I noticed the elevation of the Genie Lift beyond... it is below the ride path elevation. How are they going to get mr genie out of there?!? Or is the genie on the ride path and the upper is the end of the load platform. Hmmm. Great fun pictures and revelations!

19372090042_00d1186b45_c.jpg

Still curious how they're gonna get a massive kong AA in there

It will likely be brought in as smaller pieces and then assembled. I would guess they would use the large maintenance bay door in the back and then trucked near its final location inside and hoisted on lifts, or winches from the roof. Wouldn't you love to have a hard hat and presence for that install. Meow-Meow King Friday!

Reactions: Cole
It will likely be brought in as smaller pieces and then assembled. I would guess they would use the large maintenance bay door in the back and then trucked near its final location inside and hoisted on lifts, or winches from the roof. Wouldn't you love to have a hard hat and presence for that install. Meow-Meow King Friday!
An aside: Interesting to see your Fred Rogers (Mr. Rogers Neighborhood) reference. He's from the area and I met him a few times. He was one of the finest people you would ever want to know. And he used to donate a lot to help those in need. The local childrens' park, Idlewild, had a huge ride & attraction based on the show, & your referenced characters were both in it.

No no Cole, Friday was not a hint at all. I don't know yet when that install will be taking place. Quite a few months left before that happens I would imagine.
Oh ok I was thinking that's insanely early to get that thing up and running lol. I have a feelings we are gonna get to that diagon state soon where the facade is complete and we have no consensus on what's inside. Whatever though the second I see those vehicles go into that temple I'm gonna lose it

"Yes. You board the rather large expedition trucks and then part of the ride system is that the outside part is inside."

The part I'm excited about most.

Is it true that Forbidden Journey cost $80m?

Given inflation, perhaps this would be around the $100m mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.