Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got lots of photos from my trip yesterday afternoon. More posted here.

P1040903-1024x768.jpg

P1040894-1024x768.jpg

Comparison of concept art to arch construction:
kong_arch_comparison.jpg

P1040897b-1024x768.jpg

P1040904-1024x768.jpg

P1040840-1024x768.jpg

P1040831-1024x768.jpg

P1040834-1024x768.jpg

Not sure what's going on in these next few images, but it looks like they're re-plastering this wall, or re-weatherproofing it, for whatever reason.

P1040841-1024x768.jpg

P1040829-1024x768.jpg

P1040827-1024x768.jpg

That's all for now. Check out all of the images here.

That rebuilding doesn't look good! Eek.

I'm glad to see more colour and texture being added to the plain dark grey rock work now, looks great. Thanks for the pics Alicia.

Reactions: Alicia
Great work Alicia, you are an asset to the forum.

Someone make her a staff member / reporter already!

Reactions: Alicia
Some great shots captured, Alicia. Thank you!

Hey @Teebin, in this picture:
24e8dpl.jpg

That blue spray paint on the lower right of the photo, it marks the ride track correct? If so, that is extremely close to the guest path

What in hell are they doing to that lower wall, ripping stuff off or putting stuff on? Another Nassal/Victoria Embankment debacle? God bless'em.

Yesterday that section was covered in tarp. It also looks like they're about to close up that side of the building that juts out from there.

Anyways, does anyone have clear shots of the opening from which the ride vehicles will exit?

I think this is it. It's behind the Kong rockwork so it's kind of hard to see. It's the only other hole in the façade that I can see (except for that triangular section of building to the left).

Reactions: violarum
Just a few more.

I'm hoping this means that rockwork is coming soon on the entryway.

Here's a prefabbed piece or sample of... something. And the microwave.

The conduit is growing.

Pouring more concrete inside, and a glimpse at different levels of ride path.

Reactions: violarum
Hey @Teebin, in this picture:

That blue spray paint on the lower right of the photo, it marks the ride track correct? If so, that is extremely close to the guest path

Yes, I have double checked and it does appear so.

For those who might think it too narrow, there are two widths to the track they could have used, the wheelbase, or the track width... two different things. And I am not making that up as it is actually spelled out in drawings I have glimpsed.

Too, keep in mind that this wireless vehicle is going to have to pull up really, impossibly tight to load/unload. It boggles my mind that it could be so hyper accurate everytime.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Too, keep in mind that this wireless vehicle is going to have to pull up really, impossibly tight to load/unload. It boggles my mind that it could be so hyper accurate everytime.

I've been wondering if these RVS could be utilized on the USH tram tour. It might solve the sensor errors that have been problematic at Furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.