Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Teebin.

I wouldn't be surprised, as JungleSkip alluded, if the face is based in hydraulics, while a majority of the rest of the animatronic is pneumatic (if it has much motion at all.) Not unlike the original KONGfrontation AA's, which were largely airbags sans the face and moving arms.

Thanks Teebin.

I wouldn't be surprised, as JungleSkip alluded, if the face is based in hydraulics, while a majority of the rest of the animatronic is pneumatic (if it has much motion at all.) Not unlike the original KONGfrontation AA's, which were largely airbags sans the face and moving arms.

I totally agree with this. Moving the whole puppy will be hydraulic perhaps and the face, arms and hands some other trick pony. :)

I have it on authority that it will be coming closer to the ride vehicle than some guests would prefer... oooh! "i'z scayed miss scarlet!!!"

I totally agree with this. Moving the whole puppy will be hydraulic perhaps and the face, arms and hands some other trick pony. :)

I have it on authority that it will be coming closer to the ride vehicle than some guests would prefer... oooh! "i'z scayed miss scarlet!!!"
Hmm... like dragon/spider/dementor in Forbidden Journey close?

Pretty much, but you must remember, this is a really really large and intimidating creation. I predict the little ones will have total meltdowns. :)
Remind me to sit in the middle seat then! I still sometimes get spooked by how close the dementors get to your face in Forbidden Journey... :lol:

Pretty much, but you must remember, this is a really really large and intimidating creation. I predict the little ones will have total meltdowns. :)

I seriously can't wait.

On the other hand, little ones might not make it far enough to even board the vehicle. Poor Mom and/or Dad.
Surprises are coming!

:sneak:

Yes. I look forward to watching all the kiddies run screaming.

but it's a "family" attraction.

So was the original Kong and Jaws, but they were still scary.

Reactions: rioriz
I have no doubt T Rex will pay a visit to Kong, just like USH
The T. Rex won't, the V. Rex for sure

So refreshing to hear this, as Jason surrell brilliantly said "fear builds character". We need more scary rides (theming wise) at theme parks period. So memorable and fun. I hope they bring justice to the horrible bug pit scene, so hard to watch. I also hope none of this gets cut or scaled down due to scariness through the upcoming years, that would break my heart

Last edited by a moderator:
The T. Rex won't, the V. Rex for sure
Damn I forgot to count fingers... ok fine V. Rex lol. Sorry, I guess after taking care of T Rex next door for years, it just automatically rolls out of my mouth. Which reminds me, I am not sure how good she will handle competition next door.... Oh Lord! I bet she is going to start chewing on those JPAC's water pipes again.

Reactions: Cole
I want it to be so close I can smell his foul breath!!!

Smell is doubtful but you will certainly feel it... in more ways than one.

I learned years back that the gorillas at AK prefer to eat banana leaves, not bananas. I believe it was the same for the hippos.

Have any of you ever eaten a banana leaf? I feel confident I would like it more than I do bananas.

Last edited:
Also usually hydraulics are used for larger objects, more sweeping movements while pneumatics smaller. I'd expect for the body to be hydraulics and face pneumatic if they're going to split it up.

Have any of you ever eaten a banana leaf? I feel confident I would like it more than I do bananas.

They are really difficult to chew and the human body can't really digest them very well, its not worth your time!

They are used in cooking in Asia and Africa to hold meat and rice together while cooking.

Status
Not open for further replies.