Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 335 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Many of the panels I walked by yesterday outside of Kong seemed to each have several screws very recently removed with just the bare minimum left to hold up the wall. Last day in the parks is Monday...still holding out hope

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mike S
So what is the actual problem , do we know, or is it all just rumors?

Saying they didn't "release a opening date" is only half true. You better believe UOR wants this ride fully operational before that media event.

ya srry i didn't say this earlier for the guy who asked but mega con is building a full sized mil falcon in front as an icon this year.

I get that UC wanted to be advanced and go with a massive trackless ride system but I just have to wonder why? Why spend the money to create a trackless ride when this could have easily been done with a driver like the Safari at AK or the tram tour at UH. Seems like so many problems could have been avoided if the ride didn't have this trackless system. Trackless rides are a great concept and they can do some cool things, but I don't think they should be used just for the sake of using them. If they want to go trackless, it needs to be to enhance the ride as a whole like Pooh's Honey Hunt or Phantom Manor where multiple cars are in the same room crossing all around each others in ways a track would never be able to do. A single path through a show building is not the best use for this tech and I feel like the money could have been spent on big physical sets and AA's.

It makes a lot of sense now why Supercharged has come to a halt. If they were intending to use the same trackless ride system but on a much larger (and hopefully faster) scale, I can see why they are putting the breaks on that idea until they can figure out Kong.

This is not a real safari. There's no need for a real driver unless they wanted a live spiel. Also, the safari and studio tour can change every time you ride depending on where the animals are at/where filming is taking place. Trackless seems to be the future of rides. They shouldn't not use a technology because it might take them an extra few weeks to work out the kinks on an attraction that will be in place for 20+ years.

No idea if it is related, but the beginning of the summer period for block out dates for FL resident tickets and Power Passes have been pushed back to July 1. They originally started like June 11 or so.

Just checked, power pass still shows June 11.

I imagine the power pass will be following suit at some point.

Yup, the power pass calendar has been changed to July 1 now, too.

ya srry i didn't say this earlier for the guy who asked but mega con is building a full sized mil falcon in front as an icon this year.

Interesting. I know someone who's been building the cockpit of one for a while (posted on the Replica Props Forum which is an amazing site for people who like to build their own versions of movie props) and there was a grassroots push to build one with a LOT of people involved, but to just build one before mega con? wow.

Looks awesome.

In the Hollywood version's ride film, there's a Studio Tour tram filled with tourists that gets destroyed by the dinos. According to that pic, they may have re-edited the ride film to superimpose our ride vehicles instead.

Reactions: Mike S