Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Taken yesterday... Not sure if this is a flame burner manifold or something else... Sorry for the quality... I took a few more but nothing too special. I will say that photos do NOT do the temple justice. It is MASSIVE!

image.jpg1_zpszdehkjgd.jpg

image.jpg1_zpszdehkjgd.jpg

Last edited:
Pandora is going to be jaw dropping impressive. Visually, it's going to blow both Diagon Alley and Carsland out of the water. It will be the new bar in themed entertainment. Real TDS level theming right here in Otown.

This and Vocano Bay are going to make 2017 an impressive year.
While Disney has lacked in the ride category, immersion has been unreal lately...get me a bench and I'll sit under the floating mountains all day...

Back to Kong...wasn't gonna take an Orlando trip till 2017 but no I can wait that long for Kong!!!

^ I can't imagine that that is what it is as it should be well hidden. Perhaps it's a gatorade bottle. (old inside joke on here)

Thought that as soon as I saw it! I think it's a disposable bbq though - these contractors are getting worse and worse... :lol:

OrlandoParks News.com just posted new photos of Kong construction. The left hand mural painting is close to done and more work on the outdoor portion of the ride.

Reactions: Teebin
But when you take the bow off and trow away the nice wrapping paper, what makes you come back is the, well you know, the ride King Kong.

Agreed.
I'm not convinced Avatar is going to impress in terms of its rides. I think it's going to be like Fantasyland expansion, very pretty to look at but scrath below the surface and there's nothing of any substance in terms of what we come for....the rides.

A Soarin' clone D-ticket and a C-ticket tame boat ride I fear will be in the same league.
Give me Kong any day. It's not like AK is already bursting with adrenalin filled rides

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm pretty sure most here are seriously under estimating what Disney is doing at DAK.

We shall see, but to call Flight of Passage a Soarin' clone is probably selling it short.
Doesn't matter either way, Disney fans will say it's the best theme park land ever done.

I'm pretty sure most here are seriously under estimating what Disney is doing at DAK.

We shall see, but to call Flight of Passage a Soarin' clone is probably selling it short.
Yeah, from what i've heard/seen what it may be, it's more like Soarin' 10.0

My word awhen, you certainly picked up where Alicia left off!

What you are all seeing here with the new steel is the "covered" queue. Actually it is the very beginning of both the standby and fast pass queues. Even on a 10 minute day should that ever come, the queue is LONG with all switchbacks closed. Best day you will have is a 30 minute wait. I call it best day because that is when you will stop at the last quarter and that is when the fun and hopefully cool stuff happens.

My word awhen, you certainly picked up where Alicia left off!

What you are all seeing here with the new steel is the "covered" queue. Actually it is the very beginning of both the standby and fast pass queues. Even on a 10 minute day should that ever come, the queue is LONG with all switchbacks closed. Best day you will have is a 30 minute wait. I call it best day because that is when you will stop at the last quarter and that is when the fun and hopefully cool stuff happens.

Due to the state of florida being all humid as hell; this is a stellar move. It works great and i'm happy they are going to do that.

What you are all seeing here with the new steel is the "covered" queue. Actually it is the very beginning of both the standby and fast pass queues. Even on a 10 minute day should that ever come, the queue is LONG with all switchbacks closed..
Oh god, is this going to be like Dragon Challenge and it's never ending queue?

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Oh god, is this going to be like Dragon Challenge and it's never ending queue?

The big diff here, as I said, is that this is the reverse of DC in that all the really good pretty stuff is at the end and not the beginning. I will never understand all of those long boring tunnels in the last of the DC queue. Imagine if all the frozen knight and talking stained glass had been at the end instead. That would have been wonderful. They first seemed to get it right with the mummy queue. I adore the raising of the Anubus from the depths near the end.

Reactions: captainmoch