Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This looks stunning, so much going on on such a dense area.
The cover is great for rain/sun but also takes the view away from the enormous Jurassic Park Building and it makes it darker.
Add paint, plants, skulls on sticks and fire and this area is going to be a permanent HHN area in the park, love it!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Mural comparison from a a few weeks ago to yesterday. Much more detail now than the original, granted the light is better in the new one as well.

It'd be cool if they could keep the sky perpetually gloomy.

Closeup of the temple entrance. Still wondering about those steps.

Couple of things,

That tight circle will provide PLENTY of exterior queue space it seems

It appears as if that concrete ride path has been poured in way to produce a bumpy ride into the temple

Once the foliage and remaining theming to the temple goes in that mural will blend just fine. It sticks out like a sore thumb right now cause its a focal point of construction.

This ride by its very nature will raise the bar on theming... Its impressive...

It appears as if that concrete ride path has been poured in way to produce a bumpy ride into the temple

What is curious about that... *winces* is that there are supposed to be several somewhat pronounced bumps and at least one "dip". I have zoomed in on several of those photos and cannot see even a hint of that. Perhaps I incorrectly expected them to be more pronounced.

Are they testing two different versions of the mural? The base coat on the left was blue, the one on the right is more of a gray scheme. Is this a case of the Thames paint job?

Are they testing two different versions of the mural? The base coat on the left was blue, the one on the right is more of a gray scheme. Is this a case of the Thames paint job?
:eek:Now you did it. Teebin will be chipping in on the demerits of the Thames wall paint, for the thousandth time. :) Just kidding, Teebs.

I gave myself a day off of teaching and went to IOA and I was floored at how quickly this building arose and how amazing it looks. I love the old b/w King Kong, but I never really cared one way or the other to bring Kong back into the parks. The facade, however, gave me chills.

Yeah, I think they are. The first part sat their for 7-10 days while UC or MW pondered it. It appears they are attempting something new to ponder. I am liking this new better than the previous.

Reactions: Nico

If that is the case, I think the newer section on the right looks better. The starker contrast of colours reads as a lot more three dimensional from a distance than the previous section. (Of course, this is a work-in-progress, and both sides will likely end up looking perfect).

Reactions: Nico
Oh god, is this going to be like Dragon Challenge and it's never ending queue?
Which despite have gone at some pretty busy times of year, I' cant recally the line getting much outside of the castle....

Does anyone remember a load of rope switchback to the left of the castle...looked like a huge area, did they ever use it? Is it still there?

I'm back! Sorry I haven't been around lately, been busy with other things, but I come with images today. And I have to say, awhen, your pics have been incredible! I just caught up on the thread, and your overhead image of the outdoor ride path is incredible. Is that from the Pteranodon Flyers ride? I'm jealous.

Here's some of my pics from today, and more are posted here!

P1050051-1024x768.jpg

P1050045-1024x768.jpg

P1050042-1024x768.jpg

P1050059-1024x768.jpg

P1050063-1024x768.jpg

P1050086-1024x768.jpg

Looks like Kong got some sharp fangs since my last visit.
P1050066-1024x768.jpg

P1050099-1024x768.jpg

Covered queue going into the indoor queue building:
P1050101-1024x768.jpg

P1050076-1024x768.jpg

P1050081-1024x768.jpg

P1050083-1024x768.jpg

That's all for now. Check out my blog for more. Now that I'm caught up and got my new computer running smoothly I should be getting back to a regular posting schedule, hopefully.

Which despite have gone at some pretty busy times of year, I' cant recally the line getting much outside of the castle....

Does anyone remember a load of rope switchback to the left of the castle...looked like a huge area, did they ever use it? Is it still there?

I have asked this and was told that it is used on state occasions like xmas and new years. I have never seen it however.