Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I hope it's not the same scenes just without the studio tour. How cool would it be if it was like FJ in the sense you went into a 360 scene, ends with you falling in the bug pit, practical section with bugs, back to screen bringing you somewhere else, rinse and repeat. It's an awesome formula that should be used more

Reactions: Ryno27
I just found out on Ellen that Skull Island is currently filming in Hawaii. I had no idea it finally went into production. Her guest and the one who spoke of it was Samuel L. Jackson.

Perhaps the screenplay is where the new shocking addition (spoke of it yesterday) to this ride comes from.

Last edited:
I hope it's not the same scenes just without the studio tour. How cool would it be if it was like FJ in the sense you went into a 360 scene, ends with you falling in the bug pit, practical section with bugs, back to screen bringing you somewhere else, rinse and repeat. It's an awesome formula that should be used more

The bug pit, I believe, is the beginning of the ride.

Well, the indoor portion.

I'll still be amazed if anything from Skull Island the film makes it into the ride. They're two different timelines, aesthetics, and SI isn't even a Universal film now.

Yeah, I just went and read about the sordid past of this film. Perhaps the surprise addition came from one of the earlier scripts. The concept of the script they are now shooting with sounds like a pile of dogs***.

Reactions: Cole
I'll still be amazed if anything from Skull Island the film makes it into the ride. They're two different timelines, aesthetics, and SI isn't even a Universal film now.

Well, that dosen't bother them, but it will serve to make the character continually relevant I suppose..a tie-in, but not a tie-in at the same time

Yeah, I just went and read about the sordid past of this film. Perhaps the surprise addition came from one of the earlier scripts. The concept of the script they are now shooting with sounds like a pile of dogs***.

From what I understand the concept script has always been a POS, which is why Universal really didn't put up much fight when it was moved to WB.

Well, that dosen't bother them, but it will serve to make the character continually relevant I suppose..a tie-in, but not a tie-in at the same time

The character is from 1933. I think he's shown some staying power as-is.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah, it's always about the Kong character as it existed in it's earliest movie conception. I don't think anyone really cares what's taken place in movies since the 30's version. That Kong was and will remain an iconic figure. The iconic Kong has had remarkable staying power. Even bad movies can't take away from his singular popularity.

I just found out on Ellen that Skull Island is currently filming in Hawaii. I had no idea it finally went into production. Her guest and the one who spoke of it was Samuel L. Jackson.

Perhaps the screenplay is where the new shocking addition (spoke of it yesterday) to this ride comes from.

And all I got out of this post was that Teebin watches Ellen :) Sorry, not sure why that made me laugh.

Yeah, must be my girly side showing itself. I hope that is ok with you.

Perfectly OK, just the vision in my head made me laugh :) For some reason I envision you as the grumpy man that tells kids to get off their lawn. So when you talk about Ellen and show pictures with young kids in them, it throws me off so much lol

BTW, I think I get that vision because of your massive ignore list (hopefully this post doesn't earn me a spot) and your inpatients when you don't know something.

Perfectly OK, just the vision in my head made me laugh :) For some reason I envision you as the grumpy man that tells kids to get off their lawn.

Curious. Showing picture of young kids? I don't recall that unless it was in context of theming. And yeah, I can be a grumpy as*h*le... but to adults only. I am also a friggin hoot funny... in a good way. I guess you ain't picked up on that here. :)

Curious. Showing picture of young kids? I don't recall that unless it was in context of theming. And yeah, I can be a grumpy as*h*le... but to adults only. I am also a friggin hoot funny... in a good way. I guess you ain't picked up on that here. :)

It was when you were trying to find out where a picture was taken in Animal Kingdom. Oh, I do think you are funny. Many posts I laugh out loud, especially when some people don't get them. But grumpy old men can be pretty funny too. I actually don't think you are old and I think you would be an awesome person to hang out with. I have said it before.

DisneyHead is another one that the way you would envision him from his posts is completely different of who he is in real life. He is also a great guy to hang out with and have had the pleasure several times of hanging out with him.

It was when you were trying to find out where a picture was taken in Animal Kingdom.

Yeah... two were my nieces and the other a friend. Their mothers were right behind me and I was their guide through the parks.

When I ask where a piece of unfamiliar theming is in a park, I could give a s**t about any kids in the picture. Call me shallow. ;)

Yeah... two were my nieces and the other a friend. Their mothers were right behind me and I was their guide through the parks.

When I ask where a piece of unfamiliar theming is in a park, I could give a s**t about any kids in the picture. Call me shallow. ;)

lol - You never fail to make me laugh and you are doing a good job with the grumpy old man vision :)

OK, back to topic. Kong. Oh right, I have nothing to add. Nothing here to see :)