Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've always thought an Isle of Berk land would be pretty amazing at a theme park! Could have a wingrider themed to Toothless gliding around, the setting would be great as it could have near misses with the misty rocks etc. Plus I'm sure you could have a dark ride and easily a show, maybe a dragon training show in the arena from the films. Merlin are building a HTTYD play area with maybe a few rides at Heide Park plus their relationship with Dreamworks seems quite good with the Shrek Adventure. But can't ever see them pulling off something in the scale I'm hoping for :( maybe one day somewhere.

Kong looks great though! The facade is so menacing and I can't wait to see it next summer! Never got to experience Kongfrontation so can't wait to see the beast of an animatronic this thing is meant to be getting! If anyone has been on the Hollywood boat ride at Phantasialand that's the quality of Kong animatronic I'm used to

Reactions: greendude33
Creature tech is an incredible company, I saw walking with the dinosaurs live and it was truly breathtaking. With such a large animatronic I really hope it isn't so complex that it'll be matience hell or has the possibility of sometimes working. I can't wait see one of my favorite movie characters in the flesh like this. Hopefully it's as amazing and you all are making it out to be

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Kong looks great though! The facade is so menacing and I can't wait to see it next summer! Never got to experience Kongfrontation so can't wait to see the beast of an animatronic this thing is meant to be getting! If anyone has been on the Hollywood boat ride at Phantasialand that's the quality of Kong animatronic I'm used to

Just YouTubed it and yikes..

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Never got to experience Kongfrontation so can't wait to see the beast of an animatronic this thing is meant to be getting! If anyone has been on the Hollywood boat ride at Phantasialand that's the quality of Kong animatronic I'm used to

I'll be getting a heluvalot of crap for this, but why did I think that Kongfrontational was abysmal? And i'm a huge fan of the original Hollywood Kong and the film itself, but Kongfrontation was just very poorly made. Atleast; in my book.

Reactions: rioriz
I'll be getting a heluvalot of crap for this, but why did I think that Kongfrontational was abysmal? And i'm a huge fan of the original Hollywood Kong and the film itself, but Kongfrontation was just very poorly made. Atleast; in my book.

Sounds like what my reaction would have been. It was dated... horribly forced perspective and clanky undetailed Kong movement... It was a mega version of Twister and Disaster. I have no use for that junk in todays world of CGI and character mastery.

There was a lot to like about Kongfrontation, that city was probably my favorite sets ever. Love the little details, and the helicopter was one of my favorite pieces. Very cool.

If the Simpsons could have been a physical set attraction, doing a Springfield version with a monster Maggie and her baby breath would have been an awesome way to honor it and keep those cool aspects.

Hey, the attraction could end up being terrible. It's all about pacing and effects and most importantly the visual story... which never has to make sense, it just has to work and feel satisfying. I have no idea how that part will play out... I just know that there is more to this than most attractions and that it is was all very expensive.

I agree that the old Kong was a classic. I especially loved the city street atmosphere at the beginning of the ride. That's the kind of stuff I miss.
Ambiance of the queue is almost as important as the actual ride to me. All of my favorite attractions have great queues also. If a ride has a poor or rope type queue I just can't rank it with my top attractions.

Diagon Alley taught me a valuable lesson about taking details of a ride and blowing them up into something I want it to be rather than what it is.

My take exactly! I liked Diagon (the ride), but man the way it was hyped I expected to be bigger than FJ...FJ is still the standard in my books.

Uni has impressed me so much of late I guess I have an expectation each ride needs to outdo the last lol

With Disney, when insiders actually seem to be excited about the new offerings (caused they haven't in so so so long) I get extra excited cause they have disappointed for so long.,.....

BTW taking my first Uni vacation ever in January! Can't wait!!!!!!

Reactions: Mad Dog