Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody watch the show "Universal Orlando: Behind the Scenes" last night? It was on the Destination America channel. It's an updated/new show giving an overview of everything Universal has done to update their Orlando parks including both Harry Potter lands. But it also previews the new Kong attraction at the end. Definitely worth watching!

Reactions: UNIrd
Did anybody watch the show "Universal Orlando: Behind the Scenes" last night? It was on the Destination America channel. It's an updated/new show giving an overview of everything Universal has done to update their Orlando parks including both Harry Potter lands. But it also previews the new Kong attraction at the end. Definitely worth watching!
What exactly did it show of Kong?

Reactions: illumination

Yup. Watched and recorded. It's good to see one of these behind-the-scenes specials on Universal. It's been so long since it's been the focus of one.

Just the concept art and Mark Woodbury and Mike West talking a bit about it.
It's a new interview but not really new information. They basically say you ride on an expedition truck in the 1930's to discover a new species on skull island. After going through temple ruins and a dense jungle, you come face-to-face with natives and King Kong himself. The show was better at showing the making of harry potter rides. I'm pretty sure some of that footage hadn't been shown before.

Reactions: Mike S
Have you been to the channel's website? There seems to be a way to grab a show off from the cable feed but from what I have read, it is all encoded and locked. I have never found a solution to sticking in a thumb drive and yanking the data.

I've had a try on the website but it's a bit of a mess. Hopefully it will make it's way to the Travel Channel here.

I've had a try on the website but it's a bit of a mess. Hopefully it will make it's way to the Travel Channel here.

Well, if it helps, I have said previously that it is quite superficial. Even when there is a cool behind-the-scenes shot, it only lasts for 1-2 seconds, literally. Frustrating, and it all got a nasty roll of the eyes from me when it ended.

Well, if it helps, I have said previously that it is quite superficial. Even when there is a cool behind-the-scenes shot, it only lasts for 1-2 seconds, literally. Frustrating, and it all got a nasty roll of the eyes from me when it ended.

Yeah, don't drive yourself crazy if you can't watch it. It's a great overview of the park with a little bit of "the making" of each ride, but honestly no new information at all.

Yeah, it's a little bit of a fluff piece but it's always fun to see the parks and it's rides on your TV without it being their own information channel when on-site.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but are these job openings sooner than the Diagon Alley job openings from back in 2014? I think it was around the same time to possibly earlier but I am just making sure.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but are these job openings sooner than the Diagon Alley job openings from back in 2014? I think it was around the same time to possibly earlier but I am just making sure.

I would expect they are similar. They have worked a ton on this backstory. You should anticipate many clever answers to all scenarios for the guests.

The special killed me, some of the coolest behind the scenes footage I've ever seen cut down to seconds amongst the usual travel channel tropes. I would kill to dig through that video archive

The special killed me, some of the coolest behind the scenes footage I've ever seen cut down to seconds amongst the usual travel channel tropes. I would kill to dig through that video archive
Uni should put together an in-depth "making of" dvd and sell it in the gift shop. It seems that they have detailed footage of the entire time the cast was on set for both expansions. Fans would love to see that. All of the movie dvds included hours of behind the scenes/special effect footage, so the making of the Wizarding World is probably some of the only Potter cast unreleased footage left to see. Sad if it never sees the light of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.