Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! Don't like the name, but it's not a big deal at all. I can't wait to hear even more. The queue sounds insane.

That's great news, get to appriciate the skull island scenery way more, can't wait to see more in the future. By the way because nobody said it yet, I can speak on the behalf of the entire website when I say thank you so much for all you've done today teebin. The endless amounts of questions, people asking for confirmation and so much more must've been beyond overwhelming for you but you handled it like a pro and made this already special day even more special. Let's all give my bro dweebin a round of applause here. We love ya buddy

Cole said it all. Teebs is da man!!!

First off glad to get the announcement with 2 pieces of concept art. With that being said I've been trying to tell all of you how badass this thing is gonna be :lol: Also I highly suggest many of you do your research and focus on a lot of the stuff Teebin is hinting at. He's answered about 75% of the most FAQ's seen here in this thread over the last 90 days. So much has changed since my scene by scene description over a year ago, it would be wise to clear your mind. I think Teebin will agree that what were gonna get or at least planned to get is nothing short of a true spectacle of theme park design, execution, and creativity. The queue alone will rival Gringotts in terms of depth and story. The RV's are pushing more and more to be the most advanced and unique Universal has used to date. The story will be smooth and easy to follow yet full of depth and time accurate dialogue. The interior sets will be larger than Gringotts and even more intricate than what you see at Indiana Jones in DLR. Then there is him... He alone will be enough to win over the harshest of critics. This has everything needed to be a true contender for the best ride in Universal's arsenal and I cannot wait to experience it next Summer.

Where did they confirm the time period? I missed that in the press release...

The design of the ride vehicles and the queue (which many have not yet seen) convey an absolute 1930's look... very Indiana Jones, very Mummy. That, and I am not yet blind.

1938 Mack pickup truck:

6a00d83451b3c669e20147e07b4f4a970b-800wi

I see a period design choice, call me queer. :smiley:

First off glad to get the announcement with 2 pieces of concept art. With that being said I've been trying to tell all of you how badass this thing is gonna be :lol: Also I highly suggest many of you do your research and focus on a lot of the stuff Teebin is hinting at. He's answered about 75% of the most FAQ's seen here in this thread over the last 90 days. So much has changed since my scene by scene description over a year ago, it would be wise to clear your mind. I think Teebin will agree that what were gonna get or at least planned to get is nothing short of a true spectacle of theme park design, execution, and creativity. The queue alone will rival Gringotts in terms of depth and story. The RV's are pushing more and more to be the most advanced and unique Universal has used to date. The story will be smooth and easy to follow yet full of depth and time accurate dialogue. The interior sets will be larger than Gringotts and even more intricate than what you see at Indiana Jones in DLR. Then there is him... He alone will be enough to win over the harshest of critics. This has everything needed to be a true contender for the best ride in Universal's arsenal and I cannot wait to experience it next Summer.

And a special thanks to you HTF. You started all of this many moons ago and then Teebs followed your splash with his own special style. Great work by the OU gods.

You were on the mark from the beginning HTF. First, you knew I was going to hate its location. Then you said this would be over the top. You were 100% on with everything so far. I swear it is as if UC and Comcast are competing with WB and Harry Potter; that they are competing against themselves!

Where did they confirm the time period? I missed that in the press release...

The design of the ride vehicles and the queue (which many have not yet seen) convey an absolute 1930's look... very Indiana Jones, very Mummy. That, and I am not yet blind.

1938 Mack pickup truck:

6a00d83451b3c669e20147e07b4f4a970b-800wi

I see a period design choice, call me queer. :smiley:

On the attraction main site: http://www.universalorlando.com/reignofkong

As you journey deep into a mysterious island, your 1930s expedition is swarmed by enormous prehistoric predators. Your only hope is the most colossal ape ever to walk the earth. As the gargantuan beasts fight for dominance, you will just fight to survive. Skull Island: REIGN OF KONG - A multi-sensory, multi-dimensional new ride for your life.

It's been a long day. Truly one of the highlight days in OU history. Nearly all that was forecast is proving to be right on. Soooo happy the forums are here to stay. I thank not only HTF & Teebs, but the entire OU staff for allowing us to express our thoughts & feelings. OU is, by far, the premier forum for Universal Orlando. Now it's time to get some sleep. Night all.

Its one of those days where you can be really happy to see for two fanbases; the original Universal fans getting the legend back and the more flash fans who get a new experience. Kong is one of those attractions that I know will be the best ride on property. It has everything going for it and I couldn't be happy that everyone that goes to Orlando will get a virtually better experience than Hollywood that immerses you and takes you on a journey that could be amazing to see.

Kong is easily the best theme park rumor that's ever come true.

You were on the mark from the beginning HTF. First, you knew I was going to hate its location. Then you said this would be over the top. You were 100% on with everything so far. I swear it is as if UC and Comcast are competing with WB and Harry Potter; that they are competing against themselves!

Universal sees what building new attractions is doing in bringing people to their resort. I hope they continue with the formula for years to come.

Group hug everybody, this site was the first to give us any type of clues when it was just concept (love ya hate) and now we all just completely destroyed announcement day with 12 pages of conversations and hints. Best day EVER!!!!

I'm curious whether the general public will call this "Skull Island" or "Kong".

"How long is the wait for Skull Island?"
"How long is the wait for Kong?"

I think Kong sounds better, but Skull Island is a more fitting name.

I can't imagine anyone calling this "skull island" once they find out it's the "king kong ride".

Considering a lot of IOA rides have height requirements, I think they wanted/needed something more kids could ride. That doesn't mean this will be a happy sing along visit to Skull Island. I would imagine this will be much scarier then Pirates or Haunted Mansion.

Just as long as the big guy doesn't break the first week and they just flash strobes on him for the next 10+ years! (Bites tongue)

Status
Not open for further replies.