Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Those look kinda bulky.

Yeah, the frames are made to protect the lenses which are very expensive. They are glass. They are trying to do plastic but cannot reproduce the spectrum correctly.

Overview:
"Interference filter technology

Dolby 3D uses specific wavelengths of red, green, and blue for the right eye, and different wavelengths of red, green, and blue for the left eye. Eyeglasses which filter out the very specific wavelengths allow the wearer to see a 3D image. This technology eliminates the expensive silver screens required for polarized systems such as RealD, which is the most common 3D display system in theaters. It does, however, require much more expensive glasses than the polarized systems. It is also known as spectral comb filtering or wavelength multiplex visualization

The recently introduced Panavision 3D system also uses this technology, though with a wider spectrum and more "teeth" to the "comb" (5 for each eye in the Panavision system). The use of more spectral bands per eye eliminates the need for color processing of the image that the infitech / Dolby system requires. by evenly dividing the visible spectrum between the eyes gives the viewer a more relaxed "feel" as the light energy and color balance is nearly 50-50. like the infitech system Panavision can be used on white or silver screens but Panavision can be used on a film projector as well as digital unlike the infitech filters that can only be on a digital system with a color correcting processor provided by Dolby. Panavision also claim that their glasses are cheaper to manufacture than those used by Dolby.[13]"

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Yeah, the frames are made to protect the lenses which are very expensive. They are glass. They are trying to do plastic but cannot reproduce the spectrum correctly.

That makes total sense. I just meant on the side of the glasses more than the frames actually. I can see that being uncomfortable for some people. But I'm sure they are very expensive to repair if broken, so I get it.

^ Screamscape is reporting they don't know when Dudley is reopening nor do they know that JPRA is closing the day DDR reopens for a two week refurbishment. Take it for what its worth at this point.

Despite the fact the ride will require MANY tweaks for the new projections, glasses etc... It is perhaps the only ride that I know that could keep on running with a slightly off quality for a while and still be great.

From Screamscape:
(1/17/12) The good news is that Ripsaw Falls is set to reopen on Jan. 19th. The bad news is that Jurassic Park will then go down for about two weeks. I’m told that Popeye already had a rehab last fall and isn’t expected to close again this Spring. However Spiderman is rumored to be preparing to close down briefly sometime in February to complete some of the upgrades.

All the projectors are already in place, so the shutdown is to mainly test and make sure the new film syncs up with the car movement perfectly.

All the projectors are already in place, so the shutdown is to mainly test and make sure the new film syncs up with the car movement perfectly.

Man I need to get on Spidey again. It has been since November. I want to ride Spidey just one more time before he goes down.

I cannot wait for the new video, and the new glasses. The ones that they use for StarTours are pretty chic.

Man I need to get on Spidey again. It has been since November. I want to ride Spidey just one more time before he goes down.

I cannot wait for the new video, and the new glasses. The ones that they use for StarTours are pretty chic.

That and it's the best 3D of any theme park attraction anywhere, possibly soon to be matched (or beaten) by Spidey.

Universal released this little gem today!

409263_10150500711362852_90867402851_8976539_2123263898_n.jpg

Reactions: BJCool