Springfield Expansion | Page 148 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Although I can't wait and hope this is all done by my trip (though slower progress now makes it seem unlikely), I won't push back my visit for it. Transformers, yes. This, no.

That is what I thought, and I was very surprised that IFFF was still there. Everyone spend all of your money there and pray they decide to make a Phase III! :happy:

From what I'm hearing there is very little chance of a phase 3. The next dozen or more projects are already lined up. As the money rolls in from each opening crowed (and their associated food and merch sales) they just fund the next big thing.

Why is Uni so indecisive with this project? I know everything is subject to change but it seems like they've changed more than several things from the original plan. Is it because they're realizing some of it wouldn't make sense or is it budget cuts I'm so confused.

The only change between this project and every other project is HTF. You've been aware of it for so long, with so many details that you know about the changes. One of the many reasons things don't get announced in full detail right away. (Like how for potter phase 1 they didn't give any actual detail until it was mostly done)

Yeah there have been a lot of people who claim I'm wrong but I'm sticking to my guns so to speak :lol: My claim since day one is a Kang and Kodos spinner with Kang being the centerpiece. We will ride in space ships on the end of rods with tentacles wrapped around them. Expect very unique lighting on the ships and "mother ship" as well as..... Gonna have to check the stash for the rest...

I've actually heard about the spinner with the K&K theme over a year ago. And everything I've heard since has kept that theme (except of course for Jim Hill). So I say HTF is dead on.

Yeah there have been a lot of people who claim I'm wrong but I'm sticking to my guns so to speak :lol: My claim since day one is a Kang and Kodos spinner with Kang being the centerpiece. We will ride in space ships on the end of rods with tentacles wrapped around them. Expect very unique lighting on the ships and "mother ship" as well as..... Gonna have to check the stash for the rest...

Hmm...if you're still hearing K&K spinner, then that means there might be more to this (ie Phase III) than we know. Person I was talking to knows nothing about the Simpsons, but dropped a very specific character name in reference to a very specific ride.

I was thinking in two months from now they would have this place up, but first week of June? With Transformers? THAT'S AWESOME!!! :happy:

Then again that might only be a ballpark estimate, but this will be an interesting, and possibly painful, two months.

Rumored to be first week of June yes I'm going first or 2nd week of July so if its push back a few weeks it'll probably be open by then. Finally something else to do at the studios. Plan on adding the whole crew to my plush collection as well as gru and the girls and the unicorn. Can somebody get more pics of the merchandise?
I wouldn't mind if they build the houses and other buildings of the simpsons but its least likely.

Last edited:
Any confirmation on that new restaurant?

How 'bout "Spider-pig's amazing BBQ"?

Well as a matter of fact, I can say this. Someone here nailed it! Shocked me but while I can't confirm who got it I recommend consolidating the guesses.

Idk. The pin would be too obvious of a clue for him to be shocked. Unless he means he's shocked they released the pin. UGH! :bonk:

C'mon Frink's! :lol:

The better point with the pin is how long it takes for those things to get made.

They have to have to create the design, get it approved by UO and Fox, send it to the vendor, have a few made, have samples approved, do a production run, and ship them here.

Bottom line is the change was made to recently for the pin to be a clue. Since there are a variety of pins, that doesn't mean it's not the answer, but the pin was made before the switch was.

Well as a matter of fact, I can say this. Someone here nailed it! Shocked me but while I can't confirm who got it I recommend consolidating the guesses.

No. Hate said it would be original to the park.

I'm still going with Frink's Fried Chicken. Spoof on Doc Brown's from USH
Ooooh Cletus's Backyard BBQ!!! LOL

KFB?

Kentucky Fried Blinky

:doggie:

Planet Springfield!!!

Not the Gulp n Blow :lol:

Not the Frying Dutchman either...

Sooo...could this be our third restaurant? New pin picture from Amusement Pics.

20130418-075.jpg

I'm going with Frink's!

Last edited: