Springfield Expansion | Page 146 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hate- have you heard anything about the ride being neither K&k-themed or a spinner? You have much better sources than me, but I was talking to someone about the expansion and led me to believe it was something else...

Hate- have you heard anything about the ride being neither K&k-themed or a spinner? You have much better sources than me, but I was talking to someone about the expansion and led me to believe it was something else...

Yeah there have been a lot of people who claim I'm wrong but I'm sticking to my guns so to speak :lol: My claim since day one is a Kang and Kodos spinner with Kang being the centerpiece. We will ride in space ships on the end of rods with tentacles wrapped around them. Expect very unique lighting on the ships and "mother ship" as well as..... Gonna have to check the stash for the rest...

My claim since day one is a Kang and Kodos spinner with Kang being the centerpiece.

You bring up an interesting question for me: Will there be voice work performed by the cast for this expansion and if so, will the "powers that be" come to a financial agreement with Harry Shearer? Kang is voiced by Harry Shearer and Kodos by Dan Castellaneta. Perhaps we will only hear from Kodos as we do in the Simpsons Ride. My mind is a-flutter...

HTF, when all is said and done and this is officially opened, can you tell us what the initial plan for the Simpsons expansion was?

HTF, when all is said and done and this is officially opened, can you tell us what the initial plan for the Simpsons expansion was?

I will probably discuss some of the initial additions and the later cuts at a later date if anyone is interested

From today...

8666399155_e696c543ce_c.jpg

8666397655_72a2238f57_c.jpg

8667497520_1d7dd4851c_c.jpg

8667499748_d6dff587a1_c.jpg

I also could see inside the Moes!

8667494370_b45a5aea2f.jpg

You can't see it in that photo... but in person you can see the trim as u can see in this photo.

simpsons-kiefer-sutherland.jpg

:thumbs:

Nice pics y'all!!!

Looks like they got something going on at the mysterious 3rd restaurant :happy:

Yeah there have been a lot of people who claim I'm wrong but I'm sticking to my guns so to speak :lol: My claim since day one is a Kang and Kodos spinner with Kang being the centerpiece. We will ride in space ships on the end of rods with tentacles wrapped around them. Expect very unique lighting on the ships and "mother ship" as well as..... Gonna have to check the stash for the rest...

Even if for some miraculous reason you are wrong and it's not a spinner I wouldn't beat yourself up over it lol I mean I'm excited to see the final outcome but it's not like it's an E-Ticket you know?

Great pics, guys...thanks for sharing! I must be extremely impatient, but man...progress on this thing seems to be just absolutely DRAGGING!!! There's been zero (visible) progress made on the ride area for several weeks, the Duff Gardens steel went up fast, but now it looks like not much is being done, and there's been slow work being done on the exterior of the buildings. I suspect all of these "delays" understandably have to do with the last-minute changes that were made to the project.

Very curious to see what the area's gonna look like when it's finished!

Anyone have an idea on why they would use that type of support poles on the canopy (that I assume is for the ride queue? I mean to me, they look like they make the height adjustable. They look like cylinders inside cylinders like maybe some sort of lift. I just can't imagine why they wouldn't be just a solid pole.

Not a big deal really, I've just been puzzled as to why they look adjustable (to me).