Springfield Expansion | Page 241 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well now OI is back up. And he posted this.

Today, for a few hours, I took down our site after realizing I need a bit of time to reconsider the future of Orlando Informer.

What I want to explain is that it takes a lot of work to keep over 200 pages of Universal Orlando vacation planning information up-to-date while at the same time publish a half a dozen new blog posts each week. I’m not suggesting that it takes more work than other jobs, but it is very demanding in its own way. When you add to that the “24 hours a day, 7 days a week” nature of having one person running this website and the Orlando Informer social networks, the pressures can build.

But after an abrupt closure this morning, many of our fans asked me — why don’t you just keep the site open while you consider the future of Orlando Informer?

The truth is, there really isn’t a reason not to keep the site open. The difficultly is that many pages require daily updates. And unlike other positions perhaps, I don’t have someone who can fill in while I take a few days off.

But you’re right, it’s not about Universal’s decision not to support Orlando Informer by providing us with new information like they do for other sites and blogs. It’s about our fans who have come to rely on Orlando Informer for providing the best Universal Orlando vacation planning information, even if I do have to track it all down myself one visit at a time to the resort.

So, with the help of our fans, I’m reopening the site. I likely won’t have many new updates this week. But that should be fine because, with the Transformers opening, I think you’ll find plenty of immediate coverage elsewhere.

For those who support our site, thank you. Running a one man operation can sometimes be a very personal experience, and I take everything that is said — good and bad — to heart.

Too bad I won't see it until late next year haha

That sucks. I might be in the same boat as you if I cant manage to swing a trip up for HHN

- - - Updated - - -

Well now OI is back up. And he posted this.

Today, for a few hours, I took down our site after realizing I need a bit of time to reconsider the future of Orlando Informer.

What I want to explain is that it takes a lot of work to keep over 200 pages of Universal Orlando vacation planning information up-to-date while at the same time publish a half a dozen new blog posts each week. I’m not suggesting that it takes more work than other jobs, but it is very demanding in its own way. When you add to that the “24 hours a day, 7 days a week” nature of having one person running this website and the Orlando Informer social networks, the pressures can build.

But after an abrupt closure this morning, many of our fans asked me — why don’t you just keep the site open while you consider the future of Orlando Informer?

The truth is, there really isn’t a reason not to keep the site open. The difficultly is that many pages require daily updates. And unlike other positions perhaps, I don’t have someone who can fill in while I take a few days off.

But you’re right, it’s not about Universal’s decision not to support Orlando Informer by providing us with new information like they do for other sites and blogs. It’s about our fans who have come to rely on Orlando Informer for providing the best Universal Orlando vacation planning information, even if I do have to track it all down myself one visit at a time to the resort.

So, with the help of our fans, I’m reopening the site. I likely won’t have many new updates this week. But that should be fine because, with the Transformers opening, I think you’ll find plenty of immediate coverage elsewhere.

For those who support our site, thank you. Running a one man operation can sometimes be a very personal experience, and I take everything that is said — good and bad — to heart.

I saw that and could only chuckle. Doesn't he have guest commentators and people who help him get updates?

All my money is going to my WDW Marathon trip in January and Tokyo in March...on top of 4 weddings I have to go to in the period between August and January

You win with Tokyo alone! Would love to go over there. How much do you estimate that trip will run you with airfare and everything?

Ive got diapers to buy and a Disney trip in December followed by Xmas so that's were all my extra money is tied up with :lol: Also trying to put money aside for a new camera but thats a slow go.

You win with Tokyo alone! Would love to go over there. How much do you estimate that trip will run you with airfare and everything?

Airfare is really the only bad expense at 1200. Hotels are similar to what you'd find here, and for the week I'll wind up paying 1000 total. Park tickets are super cheap. Only like 161 total for 4 days. And then all the associate food and transportation costs

That sucks. I might be in the same boat as you if I cant manage to swing a trip up for HHN

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that and could only chuckle. Doesn't he have guest commentators and people who help him get updates?

He does have people who help him out with trip reports, rumors, and lots of other fun stuff. He's talking about the vacation planning side of things, and how he wants to make a persons trip to UOR the best possible. So I don't blame the guy that he has yet to get his due from Universal. In time, he will get it, but what's most important is that he has people who love what he does and support his website, like me!

And I'll admit, I did tell him that June 20th was the rumor date, because of what HTF said. But, HTF isn't always right, and neither should OI or ANYONE always be right about rumors. What OI is always right about is anything that has been officially announced. That's why his site is one of the best.

I'll end by saying if any of you have a problem with OI or anything involved with him, SHUT UP, IGNORE IT, AND MOVE ON. Reading all the bashing about this man is a reason why I've been off here a while. Sorry, you guys are great, but not perfect.

Edit: Sorry Hockeyman, fixed it, not towards you.

Last edited:
He does have people who help him out with trip reports, rumors, and lots of other fun stuff. He's talking about the vacation planning side of things, and how he wants to make a persons trip to UOR the best possible. So I don't blame the guy that he has yet to get his due from Universal. In time, he will get it, but what's most important is that he has people who love what he does and support his website, like me!

And I'll admit, I did tell him that June 20th was the rumor date, because of what HTF said. But, HTF isn't always right, and neither should OI or ANYONE always be right about rumors. What OI is always right about is anything that has been officially announced. That's why his site is one of the best.

I'll end by saying if you have a problem with OI or anything involved with him, SHUT UP, IGNORE IT, AND MOVE ON. Reading all the bashing about this man is a reason why I've been off here a while. Sorry, you guys are great, but not perfect.

I never said anything bad about him or his site.

Hi guys, just home from the Simpsons tour. Highlights (aside from trying one of every item at FFB, urp):

Chef Steve Jayson flat-out admitted the waffles "look familiar - a lot like Eggo waffles" and are currently frozen. He said they opened so quickly that the industrial waffle iron system is still being delivered, but that once it's installed they will make fresh waffles on the premises.

Jayson was very proud that the soup is made fresh, the corn is from Zellwood (when in season) and the fish is fried fresh, never frozen.

Flaming Moe's are orange instead of purple because they wanted it to look like it was "burning from the bottom up."

Jayson and the other creatives flew to LA for a taste test with Groening & JL Brooks (just like with JKR & WWHoP)

Ric Florell said Barney had been removed because he was getting chipped already. He will return, but maybe to a less high-traffic area.

Mike West said the video loop in FFB is being extended from about 10 min to 20. They are working with Gracie Films now on edit approval.

The red phone in Moe's has been installed, I heard it ring and the person who picked up was asked for Seymore Butz. The phone is trigger by the bartenders, you may want to tip ;-)

Reactions: Hockeyman55
Hi guys, just home from the Simpsons tour. Highlights (aside from trying one of every item at FFB, urp):

Chef Steve Jayson flat-out admitted the waffles "look familiar - a lot like Eggo waffles" and are currently frozen. He said they opened so quickly that the industrial waffle iron system is still being delivered, but that once it's installed they will make fresh waffles on the premises.

Jayson was very proud that the soup is made fresh, the corn is from Zellwood (when in season) and the fish is fried fresh, never frozen.

Flaming Moe's are orange instead of purple because they wanted it to look like it was "burning from the bottom up."

Jayson and the other creatives flew to LA for a taste test with Groening & JL Brooks (just like with JKR & WWHoP)

Ric Florel said Barney had been removed because he was getting chipped already. He will return, but maybe to a less high-traffic area.

Mike West said the video loop in FFB is being extended from about 10 min to 20. They are working with Gracie Films now on edit approval.

The red phone in Moe's has been installed, I heard it ring and the person who picked up was asked for Seymore Butz. The phone is trigger by the bartenders, you may want to tip ;-)

Barney is coming back and the red phone that asks for Seymore Butz is installed. This pleases me.

And from behind the construction wall (this is from memory since we had to leave cameras & phones behind):

Kang & Kodos has 12 arms with 3 adult passengers per car. The cars don't spin independently, and there is no water spray. There is a control for raising and lowering the car, you will get commands to align your height with a particular target (i believe there will be characters entwined in Kang's tentacles around the ride) to trigger a reaction.

Chief Wiggum and Duff Guy will be static statues to pose with. There will also be a Millhouse sitting on a bench drinking a squishee to sit next to. The Lard Lad statue will be taller than Optimus Prime!

The lower waterfront seating area will be open in the day and an upcharge VIP viewing area for CineSpec.

There will be a Duff Gardens gift shop, bar with food, and Lard Lad walk-up window. There will also be a 30-foot long Bumblebee Man taco truck.

Btw, the Duff Gardens brickwork looks beautiful, they are painting in the grout and doing an aging wash next. Nice work Nassal!

Ive got diapers to buy and a Disney trip in December followed by Xmas so that's were all my extra money is tied up with :lol: Also trying to put money aside for a new camera but thats a slow go.
It doesn't get any cheaper. I just added a 17 year old to my car insurance. (Where's the "kicked in the nuts" smiley?)

Reactions: Hockeyman55

Ric Florell said Barney had been removed because he was getting chipped already. He will return, but maybe to a less high-traffic area.

Great information!!! thanks for sharing

I'll end by saying if any of you have a problem with OI or anything involved with him, SHUT UP, IGNORE IT, AND MOVE ON. Reading all the bashing about this man is a reason why I've been off here a while. Sorry, you guys are great, but not perfect.

I love Orlando Informer and usually praise his work, but his stunt today was a little unprofessional.

Glad to see were not the only site that Universal advertising loves to give the shaft too.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey I'm right more than they are :lol: