Springfield Expansion | Page 268 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know I'm being really picky here, but I wish they would re-build the Kwik-E-Mart facade so it matches the one in the show better. But everything else looks great still.

Last edited:
I really hate the AC unit on top of Lard Lads but everything else looks fantastic.

Dang, that is it? I know I have a :censored: ton of tiny gripes about this project. But all-in-all way better than before!

That is actually what it is suppose to look like. Not exactly, but a :censored: hole hut with windows and a huge A/C on top. I think it should be green though, but that may be a night/day thing like Moe's. I'll say if the utilities on the back are going to be visible they should be painted cartoony.

Another awesome update! Thanks, HTF! Excellent pictures :thumbs:

I can't wait to stroll through this place once it's completed. I agree that the difference in bricks is strange, but otherwise this whole place is pretty stunning!

I wonder what will go to the left of K&K, where that red fence is... More games? F&B stand? Is that where the hot dog stand will go, once the walls come down?

I can't wait to stroll through this place once it's completed. I agree that the difference in bricks is strange, but otherwise this whole place is pretty stunning!

I wonder what will go to the left of K&K, where that red fence is... More games? F&B stand? Is that where the hot dog stand will go, once the walls come down?

Krusty's trailer and M&G and more space for the cart currently out there, it hardly makes any money now the M&G should change that.

Unless that has changed but there are no more games for the area coming (thank goodness)

The Simpsons photo op cart where your turned into a Simpson is supposed to go there. Time will tell.....

So best case scenario is early August opening, and most likely mid August? That's basically most of the summer lost. Is this a disappointment to Universal? I think back in June some were saying July 4 was a target date. What happened? Was it the constant rain?

So best case scenario is early August opening, and most likely mid August? That's basically most of the summer lost. Is this a disappointment to Universal? I think back in June some were saying July 4 was a target date. What happened? Was it the constant rain?

HTF already said, this is gonna be all open this Friday. 99.999% sure it's gonna happen. Looks pretty ready to open :thumbs:

HTF already said, this is gonna be all open this Friday. 99.999% sure it's gonna happen. Looks pretty ready to open :thumbs:

Okay, is August 2 considered a disappointment? For some reason I remember people targeting July 4th. Regardless, I know I am excited.

Seems like Orlando had a lot of worse than normal rain. I'd bet that delayed everything by a couple of weeks. Heck, they didn't start this thing until November 2012. That's not bad. You don't want to overly rush what looks to be a real quality accomplishment in capturing the essence of Springfield.

Okay, is August 2 considered a disappointment? For some reason I remember people targeting July 4th. Regardless, I know I am excited.

People speculated July 4th because it's a super peak weekend within a peak time of the year. And before then it was also speculated that June 20th would see this open (at the same time that Transformers opened).

Although the sooner this opens the better, I don't think it's a disappointment. Sure, crowds are bigger during summer, but summer isn't quite over, and even when it is, there's hardly "slow" times at Universal anymore. I'm sure this is gonna see a lot of business. It should bring out locals, in addition to hosting the hoards of visitors that continue to make their way to Uni year-round from all around the world :cheers:

Might work out for the best financially since this will be a new fresh attraction for August, and may pull some people in that wouldn't normally have come in August.