Springfield | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For what it's worth, Florida's Springfield was a massive improvement from its predecessor. I never experienced the International Food and Film Festival, but they managed to retrofit the existent foodcourt into something a lot better.

New photo from IU's Twitter:

16617244190_37dc05017f_z.jpg

Duff Brewery smokestacks are now up, and Lard Lad is now.... yellow?

Oh, jeez. Hey, at least it goes through these changes before it opens.

Personally, I don't think the yellow is that bad.. maybe even better than its original blue/purple color scheme!

Reactions: Aaron
Oh, jeez. Hey, at least it goes through these changes before it opens.

Personally, I don't think the yellow is that bad.. maybe even better than its original blue/purple color scheme!
I don't mind the yellow either. Although I would prefer it to be maroon like in Florida... although I would imagine that wouldn't mesh well with Herman next to it haha.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Yeah, I think they're trying to go for a color that doesn't blend with its surroundings. Blue would blend with Krustylu/Channel 6 Studios and Springfield General Hospital, orange would blend with Krusty Burger and Springfield Elementary, etc. If they stick with this color, it'll be the only yellow building (on this side of Springfield, at least).

Wow.. the yellow actually suits! Duff also went up rally quickly... it all looks so nice... Thank god our Krusty Burger doesn't appear to be completely orange, and looks like a dark beige-ish color. i wouldn't mind if this is the color they stick too for Lard Lad's! 

I like the yellow a lot! Nice contrasting colors! Too much blue and orange wouldn't be fun.

Also, I like that we supposedly will have the different restaurants in separate "rooms". I think having it as one food court/cafeteria cheapens it almost.

I'm surprised how fast the Duff/Butterfat/Taco truck side of the street is moving!

Seeing the suddenly quickened progress on Duff's side makes me wonder if they can get it done by the 28th. They'll obviously be able to complete the exteriors of the buildings, but we don't really know what's going on inside.

Reactions: JaySalahi
Lard Lad is now yellow and blue. The speakers are painted yellow so we know that is the final paint job. Also the duff smokestacks are up. Check on IU Twitter page for the pictures.

Seems like they just can't decide on one paint color per venue. On the other hand, I love that they're adding so many trees to the area to make it more welcoming.

Why did the "mansion" mural get removed?  For new lighting purposes?

I did notice that there was a portion of the second mural that just completely cut off on the left side, which looked pretty awkward:

16808651695_760d4288cc.jpg

My only guess would be that they're fixing this? Not quite sure.